Twitter: La'el Collins Extension Close

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It would rank him 3rd in football amongst RTs, a million or so behind Lane Johnson, who is a significantly better RT.

It's not a good deal at all IMO.

At this point he's not going to get much if any better, so if he's only just behind Johnson, no it's not a good deal....

superonyx

Reaction score
The salary cap is more complicated than your little Kohl's trip. They slot guys from year to year. This signing opens up more salary cap this year.
We already had the salary open this year to sign Zeke.

So explain it to me genius.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tried to say it. Nate specifically said, during the last Pre Season game that Collins had the best camp of any OL. This makes all the sense in the world to me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

How do you know and why, exactly, would you only want to look at Zeke? Cowboys have several deals they need to get done.

Sydla

Reaction score

Plus if Albert Breer is right, it doesn't save up space at all this year. Collins was a $10MM cap hit this year with a base salary of $6.6MM.

Breer is claiming Collins will now make $11MM in 2019, so I am not sure how we are saving cap space this year with this contract.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My biggest takeaway on this is that Collins is a lot like Doug Free. You might could do better, but you certainly can do worse. Everyone wants to rag on such players because they are not on the level of Smith, Frederick and Martin, but realistically, few are on that level.

I am always interested in upgrading players like him if we happen to find someone better without having to spend a premium pick, which should be used on areas we have to upgrade unless we somehow don't have any of those. In the meantime, having a good but not great player locked up isn't a bad thing if the price was right.

superonyx

Reaction score
How do you know and why, exactly, would you only want to look at Zeke? Cowboys have several deals they need to get done.
Slow your roll.
I responded to a tweet that said we did the Lael deal so we could do the Zeke deal now. Like we had to give Lael 50m to pay zeke.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This isn’t a bad thing. Just because he isn’t the other all-pro 3 doesn’t make him bad. He’s a decent tackle playing out of position, but still valuable

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. Most guaranteed money for a right tackle in NFL history. I bet he couldn't get his signature on that fast enough.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Slow your roll.
I responded to a tweet that said we did the Lael deal so we could do the Zeke deal now. Like we had to give Lael 50m to pay zeke.

Why, it's an honest question. If you don't want to answer, or can't, just say so.

superonyx

Reaction score
Why, it's an honest question. If you don't want to answer, or can't, just say so.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

Thats how I know.

I wouldnt want to only look at Zeke. Where did I say I did?

Again my response about needing to sign lael so we could sign Zeke was in response to a tweet posted in this thread.

maybe i am confused but you are asking me to respond to an assumption that I didn't even make.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

Thats how I know.

I wouldnt want to only look at Zeke. Where did I say I did?

Again my response about needing to sign lael so we could sign Zeke was in response to a tweet posted in this thread.

maybe i am confused but you are asking me to respond to an assumption that I didn't even make.

You know what your problem is? You don't really read. Read the question I asked you. Stop acting like everybody is out to get you and stop thinking you are smarter then the next guy. Here's a clue, the next guy doesn't give a crap about you and you aren't any smarter or any dumber then the next guy.

This is what you said:

This is what I asked:

Did you see the Collins deal coming or the Smith deal coming? There are multiple things this team is working on and you can't know what those are so you can't assume that there is sufficient money to do anything with any specific player. That's the point and that's why I asked what I did. Like I said, if you don't know or don't want to answer, just say so.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
source.gif
Haha nicely done!