Twitter: La'el Collins leaves practice with medical staff

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Didn't Hurts have a really bad stomach bug. Made him miss their last preseason game. So strange

Are you saying what I think you are saying?

Philly gave our players a stomach bug!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What bothers me most about Collins potentially missing time is that the team apparently feels that Steele is the best backup option.

They are blind to his awful play, same as a few others.

If Collins can't go, the best option is Martin, and Knight is the second.

Steele is a terrible player at this point, and he looks better than the 35 year old somehow.

The obvious holes on the roster this time of year typically come back to bite them during the season, but....they don't fix them until the next offseason.

Ahead of nothing.....always.

Secret sauce.
I didn’t know he was ruled out for the 1st game.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sure as long as you stop being overly dramatic. Some people will believe you.
Alright. I'm in.

I have been a bit moody lately considering the time of year.

Think it's out of my system.

We have some games to win coming up.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers me most about Collins potentially missing time is that the team apparently feels that Steele is the best backup option.

They are blind to his awful play, same as a few others.

If Collins can't go, the best option is Martin, and Knight is the second.

Steele is a terrible player at this point, and he looks better than the 35 year old somehow.

The obvious holes on the roster this time of year typically come back to bite them during the season, but....they don't fix them until the next offseason.

Ahead of nothing.....always.

Secret sauce.

I heard an interesting quote during the Cowboys Break show I listened to today (great while you're doing yard work!).

They mentioned that the team apparently really sees something in Steele that a lot of us don't. I'm paraphrasing but it was said to the effect that 'the team feels that Steele will be a quality starting offensive tackle in the league within the next two years'. I found that really surprising to say the least. I certainly haven't seen what the team apparently does. But then again, I couldn't see it in Chaz Green either, so what do I know?

Creeper

Reaction score
I do not like this news at all. He has a neck stinger supposedly, and McCarthy says it doesn't sound like it is that serious. But then I read he had some neck pain last week too. No word on x-rays or MRIs. I get the feeling we will hear more about this in a few days.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I heard an interesting quote during the Cowboys Break show I listened to today (great while you're doing yard work!).

They mentioned that the team apparently really sees something in Steele that a lot of us don't. I'm paraphrasing but it was said to the effect that 'the team feels that Steele will be a quality starting offensive tackle in the league within the next two years'. I found that really surprising to say the least. I certainly haven't seen what the team apparently does. But then again, I couldn't see it in Chaz Green either, so what do I know?
If they saw that, why sign a 35 year old swing tackle?

I see very little athleticism from Steele, but hey....I'm just a dude behind a keyboard lol.

Jerry and crew got this.

I mean, the soft spot that someone has for Steele was quite obvious exactly a year ago, when he seemed to usurp people on the depth chart rather quickly considering the lack of preseason, when Knight or Martin was a much more obvious choice.

Trust me, I'd love to see a local UDFA nail down a big spot on the team, but I don't see it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Issac Alacron can play OG & OT.

Going off his pre season...he has trouble with assignments..when he is engaged he seems fine but man he has alot of "ooh was that my guy" moments...I would be sweating watching him play tackle in a real game. Again he could turn out good if he stops the assignment problems...My opinion of course.

erod

Reaction score
This guy can't finish a practice anymore.

Gotta feeling he won't play much this year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s ok if he walked off. No limp or holding a arm or shoulder. As far as I am concerned cya Thursday the 10th. We are going to have injuries. We were spoiled having the best O-Line for a while. Need to start drafting in high rounds again.