Twitter: La'el Collins leaves practice with medical staff

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
La'el needs a chiropractor to readjust his cervical spine, then get plenty of therapeutic treatment. As soon as this season is over, he needs to get it surgically repaired so he can be 100% ready to go for next season, just like Tyron finally did this past offseason.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are you a doctor? I’ve never heard of a stinger lingering. Quit posting this kind of Karenish bull****.

Stingers 100% absolutely can linger and take a long time to get back to 100%.

there are grades to stingers. Depending on the root cause. Just like there are grades to muscle strains.

Former cowboys player, Danny McCray on the Players Lounge, talked about this in a recent podcast.

I suppose you know more than him though right?

Instead of whining and telling other people what to do. How about you look up neck stingers and do some research.

I’m just trying to share information, and what could happen. You don’t need to cry about it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...ur-concern-level/id1482806731?i=1000532512294

here is the podcast where McCray talks about it. Maybe you should look the 6 year NFL vet in the eye and call him a Karen too.

Hopefully Collins is a minor one and he is back to 100% quickly.

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
Internet doctor at St Google of the Wire Hospital explains:

Burners and neck stingers are neck injuries that cause acute pain, that feels like a burning, pinching or shock that runs from the base of the skull to the shoulder or along the neck. This pain is quite intense, and may be frightening, but subsides quickly. Stingers are thought be caused by trauma to the brachial plexus, which is a bundle of nerves in the shoulder, or trauma to a nerve as it comes out of the spine. Stingers are a frequent injury in athletes, reported in up to 65% of college players, but most are never reported as symptoms, because the symptoms are short-lived or they fear being removed from play.

Grade 1 is full recovery within two weeks. Grade 2 is symptoms for more than two weeks and sometimes not complete recovery. Grade 3 is symptoms for at least one year and little to no recovery.

1. Dr Google say treatment for stinger is to remove from competition and rest the arm until the symptoms resolve. If it is the first stinger, then the athlete can return to play when the symptoms resolve. If it is not the first stinger, then the athlete can return to play when the symptoms completely resolve if the athlete had less than three previous stingers that lasted less than 24 hours. The athlete may need further testing if the symptoms last longer than 24 hours or there has been more than three previous stingers.
  2. Consider other causes when the symptoms are most prominent in the pinky and ring finger, symptoms in both arms, symptoms in the legs, or localized neck pain and stiffness.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So Tyron Smith is now the healthy tackle and Collins will be the one battling stingers for four years until he needs back surgery?

I sure hope not; although I heard Terance Steele has improved dramatically since last season.

DanA

Reaction score
Has an injury been confirmed here? It does bring me back to our inadequate OT cover and the OT options around our picks in the first three rounds.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's dead Jim
:bow:
OIP.PYXLC6YK0pvJ7cVNji1DegHaHa
:bow:

Deforest Kelley died over twenty years ago but Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy will live on forever. :starspin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stingers 100% absolutely can linger and take a long time to get back to 100%.

there are grades to stingers. Depending on the root cause. Just like there are grades to muscle strains.

Former cowboys player, Danny McCray on the Players Lounge, talked about this in a recent podcast.

I suppose you know more than him though right?

Instead of whining and telling other people what to do. How about you look up neck stingers and do some research.

I’m just trying to share information, and what could happen. You don’t need to cry about it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...ur-concern-level/id1482806731?i=1000532512294

here is the podcast where McCray talks about it. Maybe you should look the 6 year NFL vet in the eye and call him a Karen too.

Hopefully Collins is a minor one and he is back to 100% quickly.
Listen, I never said I knew more than anyone about anything and only that I’ve never heard of a stinger lasting an entire season. Just because I never heard of it doesn’t mean it’s not true but I want more than some analyst to tell me what to believe.

nobody

Reaction score
It was a stinger. If it were a game he would probably only sit out a few plays or maybe the rest of that possession.

That's fine, but have you checked the O-line the past few years? Depth can't hurt given it's track record.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Listen, I never said I knew more than anyone about anything and only that I’ve never heard of a stinger lasting an entire season. Just because I never heard of it doesn’t mean it’s not true but I want more than some analyst to tell me what to believe.

Fired of all. The dude played in the league for 6 years.

second. You should look into the possibilities about the Injury before accusing other people of being Karens when they speak to what some of The concerns might be.

All I said was that it could be something that lingers. Let’s hope he doesn’t miss any games. And you got all testy and threw out the accusations.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fired of all. The dude played in the league for 6 years.

second. You should look into the possibilities about the Injury before accusing other people of being Karens when they speak to what some of The concerns might be.

All I said was that it could be something that lingers. Let’s hope he doesn’t miss any games. And you got all testy and threw out the accusations.
Whatever. You want to jump off the bridge, by all means jump off the bridge. Your choice.

Adreme

Reaction score
We need to deal for an OL immediately.

What team in the NFL has starting-level OLine players that they are willing to trade? It just doesn’t happen because there are nowhere near enough even decent OLine players in the NFL.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What bothers me most about Collins potentially missing time is that the team apparently feels that Steele is the best backup option.

They are blind to his awful play, same as a few others.

If Collins can't go, the best option is Martin, and Knight is the second.

Steele is a terrible player at this point, and he looks better than the 35 year old somehow.

The obvious holes on the roster this time of year typically come back to bite them during the season, but....they don't fix them until the next offseason.

Ahead of nothing.....always.

Secret sauce.