Twitter: La'el Collins on IR

DuncanIso

Reaction score
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-roster-trickle-down-dak-prescott-cam-erving/

Collins was reportedly out of shape after the loss of the offseason and started training camp doing rehab work and not team drills. Those reports are now being refuted by his agent who says Collins had been dealing with a hip injury.

Later in camp, he was involved in a car accident that reportedly wasn’t to have lingering effects. He first returned to practice on August 27. He missed practice as recently as Thursday and this is the confirmation he is not healthy enough to start the year.

Perhaps the Cowboys surprisingly carrying four tight ends on the initial roster (Blake Jarwin, Blake Bell, Dalton Schultz and rookie Sean McKeon) is because the team may end up forced to help out the right tackle on occasion for the first few weeks in trying to protect Dak Prescott.

As high-flying as the Cowboys offense should be, perhaps the 11 and 20 personnel packages have to wait a few weeks before they can be regularly implemented if Dallas needs to run more 12 to keep a second tight end in to block.

this is on Philbin.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think we'll discover that we now have the level of offensive staff to overcome having one man out in our OL.

Those days left for New York with JG and his offensive mind. McCarthy and company will make adjustments.
Fully agree.

That's because when a starter would go down, not only would the other team try to exploit that, but Garrett would pretend nothing changed. No help, no running different plays, etc.

Backups dont often win the line up and beat your man system.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
If either Knight or Erving cant fill in at RT for three lousy games, then they shouldnt be here.

Its not ideal, but injuries happen. I was unaware that Collins wasnt "out of shape," and heard a report that him and Smith were both practicing. I had dropped this as a concern until yesterday and was blindsided...

But again, one of those two needs to be ok at RT.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Excuses are starting early doors my good man. O-Line and defense will be top of the excuse list now that the coaches angle has long gone.
Not sure on all that.

I think we got just a bit used to a coach that had his excuses and fall guys in place perfectly and conveniently.

Swagger

Reaction score
Not sure on all that.

I think we got just a bit used to a coach that had his excuses and fall guys in place perfectly and conveniently.
To be fair you are probably right, coaching will be wheeled out as another potential excuse. Anything other than Prescott being at fault.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think we'll discover that we now have the level of offensive staff to overcome having one man out in our OL.

Those days left for New York with JG and his offensive mind. McCarthy and company will make adjustments.
Let's hope one of those adjustments is getting the Green Bay treatment when an o-linemen tackles a defender. If we can learn their techniques of holding and avoiding getting called, we'll be fine.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that Collins will be unable to start the season, but he is on a short-term ir destination, just 3 weeks. Let's hope he will be able to hit the ground running once he returns. Injuries happen, this isn't the Garrett Cowboy Team any longer, backup players need to step up as does the rest of the unit. They cannot allow one starter missing to affect the whole offensive unit. Erving is here for a reason, he has starting experience. Depth is tested right away, but I am confident they will be able to overcome Collins loss for a few weeks.

aria

Reaction score
The fact you are enamored by your articles of choice are reason enough for me not to want to read them. I'm content to watch zeke play in the games without dissecting his life. I like what i see of him on the field. I like his personality. I don't give a rat's patooty that you don't.
Apparently you do because you always comment on my comments. As I’ve said, if you want to make uniformed, ridiculous and ignorant comments such as zeke is the best RB to ever play the game then go ahead. I post the articles to help fan boys like you understand why he’s NOT the best RB to ever play the game and that he’s NOT even top 10 in most categories amongst current RB’s.

There are literally over 20 articles/stat sheets I’ve posted that support my point. You act like what I post is biased when 90% of them are numbers HE put up, not me! I don’t know why that’s so hard for you to understand. Then again, when you don’t even read the articles but make false statements about them it becomes clear. Kind of hard to understand something you know nothing about.

If you call posting stats when his fan boys make inaccurate comments “dissecting his life” then I guess myself and at least 50% of other fans on this site are guilty of “dissecting” some players lives along with hundreds of radio and tv analysts.

You keep saying you don’t care but you always chime in. It’s always nice to hear from you, I would be heart broken if you stopped showing us how unknowledgeable you are with your favorite Cowboys crush, zeke.

aria

Reaction score
Stats don't lie, but they do leave out details. Scheme is a problem. How many of us knew they'd run on first down? How many of us knew if it was play action where to look next? How many of us knew where the runs were going? Great protection only does so much. You can hold your hands in front of your face to block a punch. If I know when you're going to do it, it won't help you much.
There’s definitely some truth to that which is why it’s hilarious when other RB’s don’t get the same excuses when all 16 games are like that for them. Also, if you watched the games it definitely wasn’t all on scheme or predictability but you are correct that it is a part of the game.

cern

Reaction score
Apparently you do because you always comment on my comments. As I’ve said, if you want to make uniformed, ridiculous and ignorant comments such as zeke is the best RB to ever play the game then go ahead. I post the articles to help fan boys like you understand why he’s NOT the best RB to ever play the game and that he’s NOT even top 10 in most categories amongst current RB’s.

There are literally over 20 articles/stat sheets I’ve posted that support my point. You act like what I post is biased when 90% of them are numbers HE put up, not me! I don’t know why that’s so hard for you to understand. Then again, when you don’t even read the articles but make false statements about them it becomes clear. Kind of hard to understand something you know nothing about.

If you call posting stats when his fan boys make inaccurate comments “dissecting his life” then I guess myself and at least 50% of other fans on this site are guilty of “dissecting” some players lives along with hundreds of radio and tv analysts.

You keep saying you don’t care but you always chime in. It’s always nice to hear from you, I would be heart broken if you stopped showing us how unknowledgeable you are with your favorite Cowboys crush, zeke.
you continue to miss the point. I DON'T CARE. i like zeke. i don't care that you don't. i don't make false statements about your stats. i admit to not reading them. i like zeke's performance on the field. i like that he raises money to feed the needy. i like that he paid for the funeral of someone not a part of his family just to be a nice guy. i see far more good in the young man than bad. i look forward to seeing him and his interaction with the salvation army kettle this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Haven’t played a damn game and people panicking, smh.
Every team will have or currently has equal if not more issues.
This defense has to carry this team early for the first time in a very long time, but there is no reason why play calling and game script cant adjust and be effective giving the weapons we have on offense.
Im concerned but not panicking over the OL state of health at this point.

75boyz

Reaction score
To be fair you are probably right, coaching will be wheeled out as another potential excuse. Anything other than Prescott being at fault.

Yep, perfectly stated.

"Injuries" are lining up as excuse #1.

Coaching excuse would probably come in to play at mid season. Possibly sooner if say, an 0-3 start were to occur.

The interesting coaching excuse or scapegoat for the blame as it will be, will be...

Is it McCarthy's or Moore's fault?

Stay tuned. Its gonna be fun.

Go Cowboys

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If either Knight or Erving cant fill in at RT for three lousy games, then they shouldnt be here.

Its not ideal, but injuries happen. I was unaware that Collins wasnt "out of shape," and heard a report that him and Smith were both practicing. I had dropped this as a concern until yesterday and was blindsided...

But again, one of those two needs to be ok at RT.
Knight is also hurt, so it may be up to Erving or Steele to start.

aria

Reaction score
you continue to miss the point. I DON'T CARE. i like zeke. i don't care that you don't. i don't make false statements about your stats. i admit to not reading them. i like zeke's performance on the field. i like that he raises money to feed the needy. i like that he paid for the funeral of someone not a part of his family just to be a nice guy. i see far more good in the young man than bad. i look forward to seeing him and his interaction with the salvation army kettle this year.
I’m not missing anything.
1) you do care because the 95% of the time you comment on anything I say is with regards to zeke

2) how can you claim the only reason I post the articles and stats is to fuel my hatred for zeke when you’ve never read them? The majority if them are facts (some opinions based on facts).

That has nothing to do with hatred it has to do with my stance that he is ~5th-10th best RB in the league. Unlike you, I use stats and you use the absurd “eye test”. If you have a problem with his stats, which you clearly do since you refuse to click on the articles or even acknowledge the stats and rankings when I post them in threads, then take it up with zeke. I didn’t put up those lackluster numbers, he did.

3) do you like how he screwed over fans and promoters by not upholding an agreement to sign a piece of merchandise?

do you like how he treats women like objects?

do you like how he knocked out a DJ after being suspended for accused domestic violence?

do you like how he was permanently banned from a Vegas nightclub and had to be restrained from attacking another DJ?

do you like how he bullied a security guard half his size AFTER he was suspended for accused domestic violence?

do you like how he held out with 2 years left on his contract and therefore hurt the team in the process by not even showing up to training camp?

do you like how he tapped out on a crucial down?

do you like how he quit in the Denver game?

do you like how he threw his HC under the bus in college?

do you like how his roommate in college moved out due to his drug use?

do you like how his dad moved closer to him to babysit the diva baby?

Almost every singles one of these SELFISH actions put the entire team at risk unless you don’t think he’s that crucial, but that doesn’t matter do you does it?

But he throws some change at the salvation army so he’s done more good than bad :rolleyes: Sounds like a stand up guy!

I’m sure you would hire someone like that, wouldn’t you?