Video: La'el Collins Press Conference - Jerry Tears Up

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My goodness. That young man staying strong in the middle of all this. I salute you sir. The Cowboys have the rest of the league on notice. We are head hunting this year. God I can't wait for this season to start

endersdragon

Reaction score
After watching this I couldn't help but be reminded of watching Rayfield Wrights HoF speech. The same passion for the game, the same faith, the same position, the same starting out point of not everything being right right away (no pun intended).

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If we win the SB I will go out and buy every starting member on that OL's jersey starting with Collins.

" I never played this game for the money" "It is still more than I am making in college!" - Shows the character of this guy. Love it.

Now that's an idea I might have to emulate.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
So now we have 3 players with 3 Chips on their shoulders. Hardy, Gregory and Collins.

Oh boy. It's gonna be a good year watching our Chips raise heck, and watching that other Chip, ahem, crumble to pieces.

rags747

Reaction score
Agree with all of the above, the kid seems to be pretty special, loved his passion and maturity and he's only 21yrs old, I can't imagine. This kid hit all the high notes and pretty much everything he said is right out of Jason's hymnal. Love Jerry, but I always have. He has not always been right but there is no better owner in sports IMO. He lays it all out there all the time for his Cowboys, it's easy to understand why so many ex players truly love the man. A great great press conference tonight.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think today will mark the day in history when the Dallas Cowboys made the jump from playoff bound, to legit contender for years to come. I still think we have to draft Romo's replacement next season

Romo won't be touched for like 5 years with this OL.....

Questfor6

Reaction score
Did he say Gregory scored a 33 on his wonderlic? I know they don't draft off wonderlic alone but that's highly impressive for someone the media has labeled a moron

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Have to Appreciate Jerry's passion for game and taking care of players and attitude to life, being in his position still going out of the way to bat for a young man and feel the way in the PC.

A job we'll done

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Did he say Gregory scored a 33 on his wonderlic? I know they don't draft off wonderlic alone but that's highly impressive for someone the media has labeled a moron

I saw 28, but yes, very impressive even if it's meaningless.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I haven't seen so much emotion in a press conference since The Triplets retired. This was a sermon not a PC.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/05/02/live-press-conference (Jerry gets emotional around the 10:35 mark)

I am so fired up after listening to this press conf that for the next 60 min, I could run for 100 yds behind this line--I have never heard a player this "articulate" without someone reading from a pre_drafted document.......wow! We hit a home run!

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
It's funny because I really never listen to PC's live but for some reason I tuned in at work using my little tuneinradio app and I was just blown away.

I found myself just sitting there listening...not doing any work in my office...just listening. It was like La'el was a motivational speaker and not a football player. When Jerry starting choking up I knew this was something different and special. I realized that I'm more cheering for this guy as a human being that has endured a lot, rather than a football player. The fact that he's really good at football on my favorite team is just a bonus.