Video: La'el Collins Press Conference - Jerry Tears Up

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Awesome!! That's all I have to say. I haven't been this excited in years

Glad I'm moving back to Dallas from Chicago in June. Should be fun.

BTW, Jerry pronouncing names always makes me smile.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Good to see him with a positive attitude. This was the most unlucky week of his life.

I would counter that it might turn out to be the luckiest week of this life.

He’s now in Dallas with the chance to do great things and still make more money the most of us will ever see.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I wonder if Collins knows he just set himself up to recoup all and more of the money he lost by becoming a motivational speaker after he retires.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Holy mackerel.... when they asked Jerry about if the Cowboys ever thought of drafting him, what a bunch of mumble jumble clap trap dance around babble speak!

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
One of my favorite details in the Collins story is how his phone started blowing up from other NFL teams while he was visiting the Cowboys. It's as though the NFL had a collective "Oh No" moment once they realized he was in Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Holy mackerel.... when they asked Jerry about if the Cowboys ever thought of drafting him, what a bunch of mumble jumble clap trap dance around babble speak!

He said yesterday that if all of our need picks were gone that he would've definitely picked a OL.

Also, he chose Chaz Green because he felt like Green was better then all of the RB's still available (including that crappy Boise St. RB Ajayi.)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I agree but in the past that has also been a 2 edged sword with Jerry that he will hang on to long to a player past their production at a high cost. Recently that has not been the case as we have seen him part with Ware and Murray

That's true. It appears that he still treats his players like family, but when it comes time to go their separate ways, he's willing to do that now. That's good stuff.

Man, watching Jerry get choked up just gives me a lump in my throat. I hope Collins is the beast we all think he can be. The dude deserves a better story than the one that has been written for him the last few weeks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wonder if Collins knows he just set himself up to recoup all and more of the money he lost by becoming a motivational speaker after he retires.

I wonder if Jerry hasn't set him up with a sponsorship deal from one of the many companies that do business with the stadium and the Cowboys.

CashMan

Reaction score
He said yesterday that if all of our need picks were gone that he would've definitely picked a OL.

Also, he chose Chaz Green because he felt like Green was better then all of the RB's still available (including that crappy Boise St. RB Ajayi.)

You mean, the RB, who has bone on bone action in his knee?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Very articulate player. No script. Great to see this, and looking forward to seeing him contribute to our team.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Great one liner " I'm getting paid more than I was in college" on the reporters question about being disappointed about losing millions by not being selected in the draft....

Really established him as a likeable guy...

dallasdave

Reaction score
Great one liner " I'm getting paid more than I was in college" on the reporters question about being disappointed about losing millions by not being selected in the draft....

Yeah, kind of refreshing.

MagicMan

Reaction score

Somewhere Les Miles laughed nervously......o_O

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of refreshing.

To me it brought the whole press conference to another level. This guy is articulate, wants to succeed, and at this point is all about the $$$$. Being friends with Tyron Smith , he knows JJ will take care of him if he lives up to his potential..

A really nice closer to the draft. Thanks JJ for using your " secret sauce" to make this happen