Video: La'el Collins vs Raiders

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game yesterday but why did everyone seem to be panicking about the O-line? All I've heard is that Collins has looked like a massive upgrade at RT and Cooper has been one of our best OL this year. What am I missing?

Ignore them. Ol has been really good they are by far the least of our worries. Not sure what some of these guys see in a game, but that OLine has given Dak and rest of Qb's an eternity on most passing plays and have opened some gapping holes in the run game.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game yesterday but why did everyone seem to be panicking about the O-line? All I've heard is that Collins has looked like a massive upgrade at RT and Cooper has been one of our best OL this year. What am I missing?

Trolling. The only possible answer.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
It's really early, but it looks like I was really wrong about Collins ability to play tackle.

It seems most of his struggles at LG were due to being uncomfortable in his role.

Putting him on the edge and letting him get after it has yielded great results.

I'm still concerned his lack of length will hurt him at times when going against players like JPP, but he's more than holding his own against Mack.

He'll just anchor and stone guys like JPP.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
JPP has 34.75" arms. Collins has 34.25" arms. It's not that significance of a difference.

Sure there are guys that have 36" arms and the like but they give most everyone trouble. Collins's arms are fine for RT.

JPP is 6'5" with 34.75" arms
Collins is 6'4" with 33.25" arms.

That actually is a significant difference on the field.

Doean't mean he's going to have issues all the time; he can overcome that discrepancy.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Doean't mean he's going to have issues all the time; he can overcome that discrepancy.

Yea, Collins was definitely less than 34

canters

Reaction score
Collins will learn and get better I hope. He looks promising. LG is another question, Chaz BooBoo Green might be better than Cooper but is a soft as soft-serve ice cream. The Gmen will take advantage of us here.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Collins will learn and get better I hope. He looks promising. LG is another question, Chaz BooBoo Green might be better than Cooper but is a soft as soft-serve ice cream. The Gmen will take advantage of us here.

What gives you the idea Green is better than Cooper at the guard position? How will they take advantage? They have good DEs but I don't think we have to worry about their interior Dline. Cooper will do just fine.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What gives you the idea Green is better than Cooper at the guard position? How will they take advantage? They have good DEs but I don't think we have to worry about their interior Dline. Cooper will do just fine.

I haven't seen anything that tells me that Green is better than Cooper at LG, but I will say that the coaching staff's insistence on playing Green at LG and having Cooper play Center during the preseason tells me that they aren't as high on Cooper as I am. They may be trying to get Green playing time so they can have 7 O-Linemen active on game day instead of 8 and they may be trying to get Green snaps so he can build up his stamina. But, I still tend to think they are more pro-Green than they are pro-Cooper.

YR

Satchel89

Reaction score
Collins should not have been called for the hold. Yeah Irving not only was held. He was mugged, molested and gang tackled in the worst way possible and the refs looked the other way.

I just rewatched the Giants against the Browns. If there is anyone that gets away with massive amounts of holds is Eric Flowers. No once did the Giants get called for holding. By halftime Cleveland was charged with at least 5 holding penalties.

Refs are getting paid by someone. I suspect Mara.
The whole penalty thing is ridiculous. Every other play, A flag is thrown and it just kills my excitement to watch the games. Let the players play a little bit, Especially in the Preseason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't seen anything that tells me that Green is better than Cooper at LG, but I will say that the coaching staff's insistence on playing Green at LG and having Cooper play Center during the preseason tells me that they aren't as high on Cooper as I am. They may be trying to get Green playing time so they can have 7 O-Linemen active on game day instead of 8 and they may be trying to get Green snaps so he can build up his stamina. But, I still tend to think they are more pro-Green than they are pro-Cooper.

YR

I agree with you and I'm baffled by it. I don't see how or why they would be putting Green out there at left guard, especially after the great game that Cooper had against the Colts.

I hope that this latest of way too many Glazz Green injuries ends this 'debate' once and for all.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That is actually a really good nickname and I hope he accepts it.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The whole penalty thing is ridiculous. Every other play, A flag is thrown and it just kills my excitement to watch the games. Let the players play a little bit, Especially in the Preseason.

The way they call hands to the face penalties needs to be revised for linemen, it's almost impossible to hand fight and block a whole game without even touching the helmet.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

Jason Peters
Joe Thomas
Donald Penn
Sebastian Vollmer

All have shorter arms than Collins.

Why is everyone obsessing over JPP like he's LT?

whynot

Reaction score

Is that measurement from the shoulder all the way to the fingertips?

'cause it might not be up to date...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
OK, so this guy's lovefest for Collins is over the top, but seriously, do people really want to compare the clips above to what Free did a year ago? This is a clear upgrade.

OL troubles yesterday totally were a result of Chaz Green playing guard. The experiment is over, he can't do it, leave him as swing tackle if he is healthy and put Cooper in there. Looney is interior backup.

Green was fine at guard. The only bad play was where he didn't come off the double and pick up the DT looping around the scrum. That was a recognition issue and resulted in a sack.

I don't get the need to put down one lineman in order to pump up another. Both Green and Collins played well outside of a couple of plays. (Green let a DT get inside of him to make a tackle from behind to bring down Zeke for a short gain, and Collins didn't sustain his blocks on a couple of run plays where his man helped limit Zeke to short gains.)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't recall him playing. I think this game Green took most if not all the snaps.

However, Cooper dominated in the Colts game. So I'm pretty comfortable with him taking over in the starting role.

Cooper came in near the end of the first half when Smith left the game and Green shifted to left tackle. Cooper was solid overall but had one play where he badly whiffed when the DT made an inside move. Luckily, it was on a quick pass so he didn't have to sustain a block.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
The hands to the face stuff is out of control. It should be sustained intentional contact not a grazing that is debatable even on replay. They did miss a clear hands to the face on Collins the very next play that was 20 times worse. Ticky tack penalties are killing the momentum of the game. Even it his hand did graze his face mask it had zero effect on the play.