Video: La'el Collins vs Raiders

chicago JK

Reaction score
I thought he looked good as well. Although truth be told, giving up a sack on a key play or getting a few penalties during the course of a game can make an otherwise strong game into one of the few key plays that make you lose a game. It is a part of playing that position.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
This love fest for Lael Collins on this forum borders insanity and is exactly the same thing we see for Byron Jones.

Both are incredibly overrated by this fan base.

Both are average.

The fact of the matter is he was called for three penalities- three huge penalties, in one half of football. That is bad. Even if one of them was a tickytack penalty, he still got called for it.

Saying someone has the potential to be the best can literally be said for every player in the league.

Andre Holmes had potential to be a stud based on measurements. Antonio Bryant should have been a top 5 WR. But literally every team has players like that.

I have HUGE concerns for Lael Collins and the preseason has not managed to stop them.

diefree666

Reaction score
This love fest for Lael Collins on this forum borders insanity and is exactly the same thing we see for Byron Jones.

Both are average.

The fact of the matter is he was called for three penalities- three huge penalties, in one half of football. That is bad. Even if one of them was a tickytack penalty, he still got called for it.

Saying someone has the potential to be the best can literally be said for every player in the league.

Andre Holmes had potential to be a stud based on measurements. Antonio Bryant should have been a top 5 WR. But literally every team has players like that.

I have HUGE concerns for Lael Collins and the preseason has not managed to stop them.
yawn.

Gameover

Reaction score

How could we replace the immortal Doug Free!

14-2

The Giants signed....

The Skins got ....

The Eagles improved

Cowboys, growth from within

No team can match the internal growth of the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I understand but it's like JPP is a freakish monster, he is a slightly more flexible Taco with less fingers.
Lael is going to be a good to very good right tackle. People need to relax.

Ok so I definitely think you’re underselling Jason Pierre Paul. Dude is a knucklehead, sure. But he’s a very good LDE that is more athletic than you’re giving credit for. The guy is quicker, stronger, and more flexible than Charlton.

I’m sure Collins will be a good to great RT going forward, too. He’s no slouch in the athleticism department. He has the tenacity that you dream of in your lineman, and he seems to be reinvigorated by his move to tackle.

Ken

Reaction score

Both are average.

LOL.

Ok, well you keep clinging to the penalties that can be cleaned up in a week. I will cling to the fact that he looks like an all pro out there to me. BTW...I think Byron Jones stinks....

And the Cowboys think this as well about Collins...hence why they showed him the money.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
One hands to the face clearly hits the shoulder and not the helmet. When I look at that hold on Collins I think back to the noncall in the playoff.

C2oZHDcWgAUN0N8.jpg
And that was on the sideline throw that set up the game winning FG. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Reactions: BAT

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Ok so I definitely think you’re underselling Jason Pierre Paul. Dude is a knucklehead, sure. But he’s a very good LDE that is more athletic than you’re giving credit for. The guy is quicker, stronger, and more flexible than Charlton.

I’m sure Collins will be a good to great RT going forward, too. He’s no slouch in the athleticism department. He has the tenacity that you dream of in your lineman, and he seems to be reinvigorated by his move to tackle.

Actually his measurables are very similar to Taco....very similar.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Green has better legs at this point, IF he can go, since Cooper has had lower extemity injuries in the past that hurt him in space. We both likely will go to see Copper a lot this year. I don't see BooBoo Green playing on a consistent basis.

Not sure if Green has better legs now. Didn't he suffer some kind of leg injury?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Both are average.

Thanks for the boring drivel.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Again, as I said in the game thread and elsewhere, when you watched the game, the one thing that should have stuck out if you didn't have an agenda was that Collins was not getting beat.

His penalties were discipline issues not penalties such as a ton of holding and false starts because he was getting whipped.

Now the penalties have to be cleaned up because they are unacceptable but overall, Collins showed the skill to be able to play RT.

Those two hands to the face penalties are a joke.

Whats even a bigger joke was the holding penalty.

canters

Reaction score
Not sure if Green has better legs now. Didn't he suffer some kind of leg injury?
Yep, ankle sprain, called minor. Cooper has had broken bones in one of his lower legs or ankles earlier that some experts say changed him and hindered his movement at the second level, whatever that means.

diefree666

Reaction score
Yep, ankle sprain, called minor. Cooper has had broken bones in one of his lower legs or ankles earlier that some experts say changed him and hindered his movement at the second level, whatever that means.

Broken bones usually heal pretty good. So why certain 'experts' would think there would be permanent damage....

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Green's injury may be minor. So what? When he gets back he'll have another minor injury waiting to happen. Cooper had broken bones. So what? Bones heal. And some experts also said Jaylon Smith will never play football again.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Great job by La'el.

As an aisde, does anyone else feel that Mack is really overrated as a pass rusher? I mean he won DPOY with only 11 sacks. Can't say I've watched a ton of him so I can't say I have a fully informed opinion, but 11 sacks just seems low for a pass rusher to win DPOY.

erod

Reaction score
The only time short arms is a real question is when you have Trex arms like Costa had. THAT is a case where it really matters. But an inch or so? Only in some peoples fevered imagination.
Defensive ends are often long and lanky. If a DE can put a straight right arm into Collins chest, and Collins can't get his hands on him, he's going right around him. That's why long arms are a big deal around the edge. That's why Tyron Smith is almost impossible to beat. He out-reaches the DEs, gets his mitts on them, and it's over.

It only takes a couple of inch reach advantage. Collins will be fine against average size guys, but he'll need RB or TE chips against the JPP types.

erod

Reaction score
Great job by La'el.

As an aisde, does anyone else feel that Mack is really overrated as a pass rusher? I mean he won DPOY with only 11 sacks. Can't say I've watched a ton of him so I can't say I have a fully informed opinion, but 11 sacks just seems low for a pass rusher to win DPOY.
Because Mack is a tackling machine. He's not a defensive end. He's like a rover. He's everywhere. Totally dominant.

diefree666

Reaction score
Defensive ends are often long and lanky. If a DE can put a straight right arm into Collins chest, and Collins can't get his hands on him, he's going right around him. That's why long arms are a big deal around the edge. That's why Tyron Smith is almost impossible to beat. He out-reaches the DEs, gets his mitts on them, and it's over.

It only takes a couple of inch reach advantage. Collins will be fine against average size guys, but he'll need RB or TE chips against the JPP types.

yeah just like Joe Thomas does. Who I do believe has shorter arms then Collins (32.5 in)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Both are average.

It's possible that you have No Clue and it's possible those 2 players are Overrated.

I'll vote NC.