Video: La'el Collins vs Raiders

canters

Reaction score
Green's injury may be minor. So what? When he gets back he'll have another minor injury waiting to happen. Cooper had broken bones. So what? Bones heal. And some experts also said Jaylon Smith will never play football again.
Green has to play a complete game before anyone takes him seriously.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
This love fest for Lael Collins on this forum borders insanity and is exactly the same thing we see for Byron Jones.

Both are incredibly overrated by this fan base.

Both are average.

The fact of the matter is he was called for three penalities- three huge penalties, in one half of football. That is bad. Even if one of them was a tickytack penalty, he still got called for it.

Saying someone has the potential to be the best can literally be said for every player in the league.

Andre Holmes had potential to be a stud based on measurements. Antonio Bryant should have been a top 5 WR. But literally every team has players like that.

I have HUGE concerns for Lael Collins and the preseason has not managed to stop them.
What would be more concerning is if Collins was just getting physically outmatched, by either being too slow, or too weak to anchor. Neither of those have been the case. Those penalties are correctable.

I don't think people realize how much of a complete beast Khalil Mack is. He is the reigning DPOY. He is the standard for elite DE play (yes, he's a DE), and La'El showed he could hang with the best of the best. That's encouraging.

manster4ever

Reaction score
OK, so this guy's lovefest for Collins is over the top, but seriously, do people really want to compare the clips above to what Free did a year ago? This is a clear upgrade.

OL troubles yesterday totally were a result of Chaz Green playing guard. The experiment is over, he can't do it, leave him as swing tackle if he is healthy and put Cooper in there. Looney is interior backup.

:clap:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
JPP is 6'5" with 34.75" arms
Collins is 6'4" with 33.25" arms.

That actually is a significant difference on the field.

Doean't mean he's going to have issues all the time; he can overcome that discrepancy.

I think Collins will be fine. Collins gets off real quick during the snap and is in position to square up. He's also very athletic and is a hard guy to move.

So it seems that DEs with long arm spans might not be able to exploit his shorter arm length. Just my two cents.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Green has to play a complete game before anyone takes him seriously.
Hasn't and won't happen. Dude's a puss and every pain he gets is a pain that sidelines.
He's not a football player.