Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Kings pick is equal to the Lakers now. It wouldn't be if the trade went down.
Also note the Kings are poised to fall a bit now. They owe 3 games on the road and the next 5 include GSW, OKC, MIL, LAC, MINN
That could end up a pick around 12-14.
The Grizz pick is top 8 protected this year top 6 next year then unprotected. --That is a premium pick as they have no signs of pulling out of lotto land.
The Clippers pick is top 14 protected this year.

BOS has far better talent to trade and far more picks to play with such that only a complete Laker homer would fail to see that.

NOP doesn't want guys on rookie deals so much as they want a true star level guy locked up for years and tons of draft picks.

a potential deal could look like:
• 2019 SAC 1st (via BOS)
• 2019 LAC 2nd (via BOS)
• 2019 LAC 1st (via BOS)
• 2019 MEM 1st (via BOS)
• 2019 MEM 2nd (via BOS)
• 2020 BOS 1st
• 2020 BOS 2nd
Jayson Tatum
Terry Rozier
R. Williams
Semi Ojeleye
plus some ballast

Tatum is a better young guy than LAL has and BOS has all those picks to move now, not spread out for 4-5 years.
Having a lot of picks in one year is useful if you want to move up.

But beyond even that, AD isn't taking an 80m GTD hit to walk away and become a free agent which means the Pels will remain in the driver's seat until someone gives them the best possible offer.
That similar to the package that has been floated as there likely offer. Could be Smart instead of Rozier. Rozier would be a sign and trade, which could be dicey. Either though would be your main salary match. Horford would be a possibility too, but I dont know if they would any interest in him as opposed to a young PG. Outside of maybe the expiring salary in 2020.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Welp, I guess they wanted the deal done? LMAO what a cluster for NO.

Uh... actually... no.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/2/15/18226383/dell-demps-fired-pelicans-gm-anthony-davis

"New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that “outside forces” are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don’t make sense for it, league sources said."

From Wojonoski:

"Ownership was livid with an injured Anthony Davis leaving arena during Thursday night’s game, sources say. Gayle Benson is telling associates she wants an overhaul of Pelicans and a search for a GM to take command of Davis trade talks and the reshaping of team’s future."

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What I'm guess, without any info available to me at all, is that she is getting pressure from all sides. It is possible that they may end up getting much less then they would have gotten in the Laker trade, down the road. It is absolutely true that Boston can offer the most, IMO. However, there is nothing that says Boston will, especially if another team is not interested in making this a bidding war or, if Boston believes that Davis will not resign. There are a lot of questions out there still. Nola can end up looking very pretty for this decision or pretty stupid and it's pretty much all on the owner because she drove this entire thing. I have heard a few times that the front office might have been in favor of making a trade work with L.A. but that the owner would not have it. I don't know how much of that is talk but if that's the case, I can see how this happened.

Be an interesting off season.