Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
4 very late 2nd rounders so basically ballast.
I would guess that they are collecting picks cause they know AD is out the door and they are already thinking rebuild with as many picks/young players as possible.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Marc Gasol most likely on his way to Toronto, NBA TV and ESPN's The Jump reporting now.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you that this deal will get done.
It's win/win for both sides and even more than that no move is a lose/lose for both sides.

NOP "might" get more assets later but the AD bridge is burned and keeping him helps no one right now.
Did Ainge promise 3-4 R1s plus a couple star quality players? Is so then perhaps NOP waits but outside that the LAL deal is the best they can do.

Yeah, Boston can give the best deal but AD's Father is not on board with Boston, I don't know how much that factors in to things. NO can't get Tatum from Boston, according to reports so the other question becomes, who does Boston offer up and are the players that Boston offers, more valuable to Nola then any of the players on the table from LA? I don't know if we actually know that. It's clear that high picks are very important to Nola but, you gotta figure that young players with Star Power ability should also be attractive to them.

This is all just spit balling on my part but what else do we have to do right?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers sending Zubac and Beasley to Clippers for Mike Muscala.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Deadline passed no Davis trade. I was wrong. I never like being wrong. Hopefully one of these young Laker players gets serious/little upset and starts to shine very soon.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lakers sending Zubac and Beasley to Clippers for Mike Muscala.

Well, can't say I love this trade. I like Zubic. I don't really see Muscala as anything more then Jag but whatever.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Well, can't say I love this trade. I like Zubic. I don't really see Muscala as anything more then Jag but whatever.
I also like Zubac, i guess the Lakers weren't going to resign him and figured they wanted to sign Melo now/soon and this trade opened up a roster spot.

T-RO

Reaction score
Lakers suck, LOL. With LeBron they've lost by more than 23 two times this past week.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Davis keeps insisting he will only sign with LA, whoever takes over is just going to get lowballed

Im gonna laugh when that deal gets done for Ingram, Ball and a first
AD just said BOS IS on his list but no, AD has no real power because what he most covets is that extra 80Mil lol.

NOP was smart to hold off unless LAL was gonna go nuts overpaying. LAL R1's have little no value as likely outside the top 15-20.
The trade pieces other than Ingram and Kuz have middling value.

This was a Rich Paul/LBJ orchestrated fiasco.
LBJ's worst nightmare is outlasting the GSW dynasty only to see AD push BOS w Kyrie to dynasty level.

BOS has the best and most expendable pieces w FOUR R1 picks in this draft and logjam of actual players.
BOS can afford and almost has to trade off 4 -6 plus pieces for 1 superstar.
The don't have roster slots to stash all the draftees or minutes for all their good players.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
BOS has the best and most expendable pieces w FOUR R1 picks in this draft and logjam of actual players.
BOS can afford and almost has to trade off 4 -6 plus pieces for 1 superstar.
The don't have roster slots to stash all the draftees or minutes for all their good players.

None of which will be in the top 2 because the Kings pick is protected And Boston won't trade Tatum for a 1 year rental.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Not really. Outside of their own pick which has little value, they have the Kings pick which is pretty much the same value as the Lakers 2019 FRP. Then they have the Clippers which is 1-14 protected until 2020 before reverting to a 2nd round pick. And finally the Grizzlies, which almost certainly won’t transfer this year due to the protections. Now it does become unprotected in 2021, but that pick won’t truly become valuable until 2021 when we have an idea of what Memphis is.

Even the younger players, Rozier and Brown are no longer going to be on Rookie deals.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
None of which will be in the top 2 because the Kings pick is protected And Boston won't trade Tatum for a 1 year rental.
Anyone that thinks AD is going to refuse to sign an extension for the supermax is delusional.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not really. Outside of their own pick which has little value, they have the Kings pick which is pretty much the same value as the Lakers 2019 FRP. Then they have the Clippers which is 1-14 protected until 2020 before reverting to a 2nd round pick. And finally the Grizzlies, which almost certainly won’t transfer this year due to the protections. Now it does become unprotected in 2021, but that pick won’t truly become valuable until 2021 when we have an idea of what Memphis is.

Even the younger players, Rozier and Brown are no longer going to be on Rookie deals.

The Kings pick is equal to the Lakers now. It wouldn't be if the trade went down.
Also note the Kings are poised to fall a bit now. They owe 3 games on the road and the next 5 include GSW, OKC, MIL, LAC, MINN
That could end up a pick around 12-14.
The Grizz pick is top 8 protected this year top 6 next year then unprotected. --That is a premium pick as they have no signs of pulling out of lotto land.
The Clippers pick is top 14 protected this year.

BOS has far better talent to trade and far more picks to play with such that only a complete Laker homer would fail to see that.

NOP doesn't want guys on rookie deals so much as they want a true star level guy locked up for years and tons of draft picks.

a potential deal could look like:
• 2019 SAC 1st (via BOS)
• 2019 LAC 2nd (via BOS)
• 2019 LAC 1st (via BOS)
• 2019 MEM 1st (via BOS)
• 2019 MEM 2nd (via BOS)
• 2020 BOS 1st
• 2020 BOS 2nd
Jayson Tatum
Terry Rozier
R. Williams
Semi Ojeleye
plus some ballast

Tatum is a better young guy than LAL has and BOS has all those picks to move now, not spread out for 4-5 years.
Having a lot of picks in one year is useful if you want to move up.

But beyond even that, AD isn't taking an 80m GTD hit to walk away and become a free agent which means the Pels will remain in the driver's seat until someone gives them the best possible offer.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Brown has 1 more year on a rookie deal