Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Without following up a Lebron signing with another move for a vet star, they were never getting very far this year
So the only question that really remains is what kind of players will Ingram Kuzma Ball Hart Zubac or any of the draft picks look like 3 to 5 years from now. Are one of those players going to develop into a title winning HoF'er? Not easy to answer. What if Davis has injury woes and Lebron ages very quickly from here on out. Lakers could make this deal and everything could amount to nothing for the Lakers in the end. It's a gamble for all involved.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You said it seems like a done deal. Ive seen nothing indicating that there has been any progress made in the last 24 hours
Seems is not seeing, Seems could be knowledge given without seeing anything. I won't answer this question a 3rd time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seems is not seeing, Seems could be knowledge given without seeing anything. I won't answer this question a 3rd time.
Ok whatever.

You posted as if you had came across some source with updated information and I was simply inquiring what information you have had.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Then it would have been nice to actually state that.
I did, you only looked at the word seemed and took it for seeing while disregarding all of the other information in that post.

"""""""""""""I can't guarantee anything. From what iv'e been brought to know very recently it seems this deal is going to happen and the Lakers will have gotten some what robbed, but it is what it is. NO did a great job by not counter offering and the Lakers went too far in offering everything and NO has been ready to say yes for awhile now and will do so late tomorrow morning.

I could be absolutely wrong, but i doubt it. We'll see soon enough."""""""""""""""""

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I did, you only looked at the word seemed and took it for seeing while disregarding all of the other information in that post.

"""""""""""""I can't guarantee anything. From what iv'e been brought to know very recently it seems this deal is going to happen and the Lakers will have gotten some what robbed, but it is what it is. NO did a great job by not counter offering and the Lakers went too far in offering everything and NO has been ready to say yes for awhile now and will do so late tomorrow morning.

I could be absolutely wrong, but i doubt it. We'll see soon enough."""""""""""""""""
Which I responded with

Also what are seeing that says its close to a done deal. I havent found anything

Which I repeated and you responds with
I never used the word seeing. If i typed seeing i would have posted something/link with it. Also i never made any kind of guarantee and indicated i could be very wrong, but i doubt it, we'll see very soon etc.
I didnt disregard any information. I simply asked what information you had, and used the word "seeing" which it appears to me you focused to give me some of run around.

You last awnser of not wanting to share would have sufficed and been much more appreciated

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Which I responded with

Which I repeated and you responds with

I didnt disregard any information. I simply asked what information you had, and used the word "seeing" which it appears to me you focused to give me some of run around.

You last awnser of not wanting to share would have sufficed and been much more appreciated
Ok so tell me about what Ingram Kuzma Ball Hart Zubac and those 3 1st rd'ers will be 3 to 5 years from now?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Report: The Pelicans Invented A New Kind Of Tampering And Used It To Exact Sweet Revenge On The Hated Lakers

brutallllll if true.

The idea, here, is that the Pelicans, by drawing out negotiations, and strategically leaking details to NBA scoopsters, and routing more and more of the communication between the teams through all-too-willing media proxies, have deliberately destabilized the Lakers, by distracting and humiliating their players and ruining the team’s internal chemistry. Nichols asked Windhorst straight up if that ulterior motive could be behind the way New Orleans has communicated throughout trade negotiations, and Windhorst was pretty clear in his response:

“It’s not just possible, it’s what happened. I know that the Pelicans, you know—the Pelicans had a method to their madness, in the way this went. Did they know it was gonna lead to a 40-point loss, because everybody’s upset? Not necessarily.”

Windhorst describes the “information war” going on behind the scenes across the NBA—and presumably centered on Anthony Davis—as like nothing he’s ever seen in his 16 years covering the NBA. If it’s true that the Pelicans have been stringing the Lakers along and outsourcing bad-faith trade communications to the same reporters who facilitated what the Pelicans all along saw as tampering, and did all this to nuke the Lakers’ internal chemistry and torpedo the second half of their season, holy ****! They invented a new kind of tampering, and deployed it like a ******* smart-bomb! The Pelicans may be horrendous at building a contender around a generational talent, but for sheer dark-hearted vindictiveness, they are in a class all their own.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LAL BADLY need and wants the trade. Lakers can't play the rest of the year as is.
Did you see last night's game?
See the team as far away form LBJ as possible on the bench?
These dudes feel he is the superpower trading him and feel betrayed.

Advantage Pels big time.

At the same time Pels don;t wanna play AD again until he is traded and want a deal now. They just love the leverage they have and are flexing on Paul and LAL.

Lakers, I believe, will be OK if this trade does not go through. I think that they certainly want to trade, I believe they would be better off but I don't believe it's as dire as all that. I don't think the Lakers are going to the playoffs this year and even if they were to some how limp in, they are any easy out IMO. To me, if this trade goes to the Offseason, it's probably a Boston deal, which I suspected all along, or Davis derails that trade by saying he will only go to LA, which then screws Nola and costs the Lakers a lot less. I still think it's Boston and Money talks but we'll see. Either way, it's not the end of the world IMO. If it happens, it happens. If not, there are other options I think LA will have a chance to sign.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lakers, I believe, will be OK if this trade does not go through. I think that they certainly want to trade, I believe they would be better off but I don't believe it's as dire as all that. I don't think the Lakers are going to the playoffs this year and even if they were to some how limp in, they are any easy out IMO. To me, if this trade goes to the Offseason, it's probably a Boston deal, which I suspected all along, or Davis derails that trade by saying he will only go to LA, which then screws Nola and costs the Lakers a lot less. I still think it's Boston and Money talks but we'll. Either way, it's not the end of the world IMO. If it happens, it happens. If not, there are other options I think LA will have a chance to sign.
Sorry mate but I gotta strongly disagree.
Once things go this sour, you gotta move on.
Can they patch things up once a trade ISNT made? Possibly, but the fact they could still trade for him in the summer means those dudes are still all in play to be traded and unlikely to be easily assuaged.

Lakers are currently in 10th place. They can't afford any discord really and expect to win even 1 playoff series.
And LeBron missing the playoffs? Good grief that's unfathomable. Things will get worse as pressure mounts.

If NOP did all this to drive a harder bargain, it's genius and I expect LAL to offer a boatload.
If NOP did all this just to tank the LAL this year it is Ramsey Snow level cruel.
LAL can make this trade then regroup with buy out guys all wanting badly to win and get to the playoffs and win a series at least.

If they cant make this trade they almost must start making other moves to at least change the chemistry.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sorry mate but I gotta strongly disagree.
Once things go this sour, you gotta move on.
Can they patch things up once a trade ISNT made? Possibly, but the fact they could still trade for him in the summer means those dudes are still all in play to be traded and unlikely to be easily assuaged.

Lakers are currently in 10th place. They can't afford any discord really and expect to win even 1 playoff series.
And LeBron missing the playoffs? Good grief that's unfathomable. Things will get worse as pressure mounts.

If NOP did all this to drive a harder bargain, it's genius and I expect LAL to offer a boatload.
If NOP did all this just to tank the LAL this year it is Ramsey Snow level cruel.
LAL can make this trade then regroup with buy out guys all wanting badly to win and get to the playoffs and win a series at least.

If they cant make this trade they almost must start making other moves to at least change the chemistry.

Oh, I think they are already thinking about other moves. I mean, the Bullock trade kinda demonstrates that. They traded one of the 2nd round picks Nola asked for, to get him so yeah, I think they fully intend to move on with a plan. I don't believe the Lakers are flat footed here, if the trade does not go through. Don't get me wrong, I agree that the Lakers want this trade to happen but I think they understood what was going on after Nola turned down the trade offer for all the young guys, two 1st rounders and then came back with the team plus 4 1sts and 4 2nds. At that point, I think the Lakers new Nola was stringing them along.

It's a big boys game so if they were trying to screw LA, whatever, it's fine. I think they end up screwing themselves if they did that. I think the Lakers are the only ones who can drive Boston in the Offseason, to offer more and that puts a max trade offer at risk but hey, that's not my problem. In any case, Nola likely gets more picks from Boston and that's really what they've always wanted so yeah, it's fine.

I don't think James will be going anywhere if he misses the playoffs. This deal he made with the Lakers is about ending his career so he's in it for however long he intends to play IMO. I'm sure he would rather not miss the playoffs but I don't think it's as big a deal as some may think.

JMO thou.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If this deal wasn't still going to happen the Lakers would have made other/more moves by now. If my claim in my previous posts about this deal going through doesn't happen i am prepared to eat crow without response or rebuttal as would be deserved. Less than 3 hours to go.

T-RO

Reaction score
Back when the Lakers signed LeBron I said it was a horrible idea. It necessitated selling off youth and picks to immediately build around him. They will burn down their franchise for the next 6-8 years...and ultimately it will all be for nothing.

LeBron is getting OLD. Some don't want to play with him. He's already missed half the season and this is just a sign of things to come.

Here's the future of LeBron:
-He'll continue to miss more and more games. Older guys get hurt more.
-When he plays he'll have to pick and choose when he can spend energy and he will be less a complete player
-He'll continue to lose burst and lift and won't be the same explosive guy

LAKERS ARE DOOMED

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
NO sent Mirotic to the Bucks. I think NBA TV said NO scooped up four 2nd rd'ers and 2 players in return.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If this deal wasn't still going to happen the Lakers would have made other/more moves by now. If my claim in my previous posts about this deal going through doesn't happen i am prepared to eat crow without response or rebuttal as would be deserved. Less than 3 hours to go.
I tend to agree with you that this deal will get done.
It's win/win for both sides and even more than that no move is a lose/lose for both sides.

NOP "might" get more assets later but the AD bridge is burned and keeping him helps no one right now.
Did Ainge promise 3-4 R1s plus a couple star quality players? Is so then perhaps NOP waits but outside that the LAL deal is the best they can do.