Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't say that the Celtics would, I said the Celtics are one of only two or three teams who could, or do you disagree with that?
I was saying they are not really in play.

They can put a package together, but it will lowball unless Davis is willing to commit to them. Which right now he wont.

They arent giving up Tatum without assurances from Davis that he will resign

NO is reportedly going to make a counter offer to LA. I could see that deal getting done, because there is always the chance Davis softens his stance on Boston

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was saying they are not really in play.

They can put a package together, but it will lowball unless Davis is willing to commit to them. Which right now he wont.

They arent giving up Tatum without assurances from Davis that he will resign

NO is reportedly going to make a counter offer to LA. I could see that deal getting done, because there is always the chance Davis softens his stance on Boston

From what I have heard, Nola wants to do business with Celtics after the season. They don't want to do a deal now. I don't know if that's true or not but that's the skuttle. Rumor is that Davis' Father doesn't like the Celtics so that's not a good thing but, the rumor is also that Nola wants to do a deal with the Celtics because they have more in the way of Draft Picks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From what I have heard, Nola wants to do business with Celtics after the season. They don't want to do a deal now. I don't know if that's true or not but that's the skuttle. Rumor is that Davis' Father doesn't like the Celtics so that's not a good thing but, the rumor is also that Nola wants to do a deal with the Celtics because they have more in the way of Draft Picks.
But they arent going to get anywhere near close to the deal they want from Boston for Davis. If Davis wont commit to to Boston, Ainge isnt giving them anywhere near market. Unless AD has an abrubt change of heart, Boston is a pure fantasy for NO. I think they are realizing that which is why they are planning to counter LA's offer

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But they arent going to get anywhere near close to the deal they want from Boston for Davis. If Davis wont commit to to Boston, Ainge isnt giving them anywhere near market. Unless AD has an abrubt change of heart, Boston is a pure fantasy for NO. I think they are realizing that which is why they are planning to counter LA's offer

I would not be so sure. There is a lot of talk right now but Boston can give more then anybody else and money talks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would not be so sure. There is a lot of talk right now but Boston can give more then anybody else and money talks.
Bostons assets are pretty much irrelevant if Davis wont commit to them. They wont give them a competitive package.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bostons assets are pretty much irrelevant if Davis wont commit to them. They wont give them a competitive package.

You don't know that Davis will, or will not commit to them. In so far as Nola is concerned, it doesn't matter at all. They are in it for them, not for Boston and Boston, they have a ton of Draft Picks, which is what I hear Nola would rather have, according to reports. They can not keep all of them. They can either get rid of current players or move draft picks because you can only have so many guys on the roster. Boston has four 1st round picks next year, three in 2020 and two in 2021. If Nola is more interested in picks, rather then players, as is being reported, then nobody has more to offer then Boston. I mean, I don't get why you are arguing here. What I've just said is all true. Why wouldn't Boston move those picks if they had a chance to get AD? Besides, Boston is not going to put all of their cards on the table at this point because they can not trade for AD right now. They traded of Irvin, who is a Rose Rule player. Technically, they can not trade for two of those kinds of players. In order for Boston to be able to pull this trade off, they would have to wait until July. Now, if Nola really wants to deal with Boston, then they will not accept the Lakers offer and that will a be clear indicator. They may want to deal with Boston instead. You can't know what their real plan is and you wouldn't know what the discussions are, between Boston and Nola. It may be true that they don't want to move Tatum or, it may not be. Heck, Nola may not even want Tatum. We don't know that either.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't know that Davis will, or will not commit to them. In so far as Nola is concerned, it doesn't matter at all. They are in it for them, not for Boston and Boston, they have a ton of Draft Picks, which is what I hear Nola would rather have, according to reports. They can not keep all of them. They can either get rid of current players or move draft picks because you can only have so many guys on the roster. Boston has four 1st round picks next year, three in 2020 and two in 2021. If Nola is more interested in picks, rather then players, as is being reported, then nobody has more to offer then Boston. I mean, I don't get why you are arguing here. What I've just said is all true. Why wouldn't Boston move those picks if they had a chance to get AD? Besides, Boston is not going to put all of their cards on the table at this point because they can not trade for AD right now. They traded of Irvin, who is a Rose Rule player. Technically, they can not trade for two of those kinds of players. In order for Boston to be able to pull this trade off, they would have to wait until July. Now, if Nola really wants to deal with Boston, then they will not accept the Lakers offer and that will a be clear indicator. They may want to deal with Boston instead. You can't know what their real plan is and you wouldn't know what the discussions are, between Boston and Nola. It may be true that they don't want to move Tatum or, it may not be. Heck, Nola may not even want Tatum. We don't know that either.
Nola's camp has already basically said LA is the only team he would reup with. He is not at all committed to Boston which essentially takes us out of it. Ainge is shrewed and is definitely not giving them what they want without a commitment from Davis

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nola's camp has already basically said LA is the only team he would reup with. He is not at all committed to Boston which essentially takes us out of it. Ainge is shrewed and is definitely not giving them what they want without a commitment from Davis

New Orleans, so far as I know, has made no such statement. Do you have something where they have said this, that I can read? I haven't heard that they are only interested in dealing with L.A. In fact, I read a story not more then a day old that said they are interested in trying to work with Boston.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I understand that logic, but doing this trade also leaves room for a max free agent next year. So you'd have AD at the 5, Lebron at the 3 and probably Kyrie running the point, that's about as good as you're gonna get.
....until you need to play your bench.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
New Orleans, so far as I know, has made no such statement. Do you have something where they have said this, that I can read? I haven't heard that they are only interested in dealing with L.A. In fact, I read a story not more then a day old that said they are interested in trying to work with Boston.
I meant Davis's camp

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I meant Davis's camp

I have not seen anything from AD or Rich Paul saying they are not interested in dealing with anybody but LA. Now Boston and I have heard that AD want's to be traded now, rather then later but that's it. If you have something reporting this, can please post it? I would be interested in reading that.

To me, this is pretty simple (and keep in mind, I'm an L.A. fan who would love to see AD playing for the Lakers), if Nola waits on acting on the Lakers offer, that says a great deal. Boston is still in on the trade. If they jump all over it, which they should unless Boston or somebody else is offering a better deal (and lets face it, probably only Boston can offer a better deal), then you are probably right.

We will see.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have not seen anything from AD or Rich Paul saying they are not interested in dealing with anybody but LA. Now Boston and I have heard that AD want's to be traded now, rather then later but that's it. If you have something reporting this, can please post it? I would be interested in reading that.

To me, this is pretty simple (and keep in mind, I'm an L.A. fan who would love to see AD playing for the Lakers), if Nola waits on acting on the Lakers offer, that says a great deal. Boston is still in on the trade. If they jump all over it, which they should unless Boston or somebody else is offering a better deal (and lets face it, probably only Boston can offer a better deal), then you are probably right.

We will see.
He hasnt come out and made a public declaration, but its been leaked that Davis will only sign with LA in 2020

According to a report from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Davis - and agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports - are expected to let the league know that the Lakers are Davis' preferred destination and that he plans to sign there as a free agent in 2020, regardless of where the Pelicans may trade him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...nation-wont-re-sign-elsewhere-per-report/amp/

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He hasnt come out and made a public declaration, but its been leaked that Davis will only sign with LA in 2020

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...nation-wont-re-sign-elsewhere-per-report/amp/

If heard that kind of thing before. Many times, in fact. I don't buy any of that stuff anymore. As I said, money talks and if Boston offers him more money, then trust me when I tell you, nobody will be more in favor of AD signing with Boston then his agent. Even if Paul represents both AD and James.

As I said, if Nola moves quickly, then we will know that it's LA. If not, then I don't think you can say that Boston is out. Nobody can put together a better trade then L.A. has on the table right now, except Boston and so if Nola doesn't go for it, then that tells you Boston is still in the mix. I mean, think about it. If AD is out no matter what, then what is the advantage for Nola to not pull the trigger now?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Were I the Pels I'd call a press conference and say Rich Paul just cost AD 50M long term by going public with the trade demand.

That type of behaviour has to be nipped in the bud.

End of the day the Lakers are likely going to give up a lot because they know AD isn't giving up 50M.
And now they are compelled to save face for Rich Paul.

Pels are going to ask LAL MORE for AD than they would anyone else.
Agent way overplayed his hand here.

LAL was always going to blow up young core as I have preached since LeBron signed but they would be getting a true All NBA talent.
Only issue I'd worry about is AD hasn't won much.
Is that just coaching, team mates or is he not efficient enough as a scorer?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If heard that kind of thing before. Many times, in fact. I don't buy any of that stuff anymore. As I said, money talks and if Boston offers him more money, then trust me when I tell you, nobody will be more in favor of AD signing with Boston then his agent. Even if Paul represents both AD and James.

As I said, if Nola moves quickly, then we will know that it's LA. If not, then I don't think you can say that Boston is out. Nobody can put together a better trade then L.A. has on the table right now, except Boston and so if Nola doesn't go for it, then that tells you Boston is still in the mix. I mean, think about it. If AD is out no matter what, then what is the advantage for Nola to not pull the trigger now?
Exactly. See Paul George.

99% of people are going to take the biggest offer; especially when it is the biggest by 87.3M. ~40-50M POST TAX
Add in California taxes and this is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE hit in the pocket book to not only AD but everyone who gets residual pay off this deal.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All that said, end of day in NBA the team wins that gets the best player in a trade.
LAL will be better for this trade whenever it happens.

But the expanded list of teams AD would sign with clearly a sign they overplayed the he'd turn down money nonsense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Last night, there was a report that a deal was done and that Ball was being informed before announced. This morning, the headline was that Nola was making a counter offer. Now, the Lakers are reportedly offering a new deal.

This deal may happen soon but at this point, I don't think anybody outside of the room knows squat.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think Magic has forgotten something in all these talks. Before Lebron got hurt the Lakers were moving along steadily in the 4/5 spots in the WC. Lakers cold streak since then has clearly influenced Magic and not in a good way. The Lakers are offering way too much and NO is not saying yes yet. First NO was not happy with the first offer and now Magic is throwing rose petals at their feet and no yes yet? If i was Magic i would take the deal off the table if they don't respond before NO plays tonight. What is there for NO to think about now that they have stolen everything from the Lakers. If this deal goes through the Lakers will have paid too much because of over reaction and impatience on their part. It is what it is i guess.