Lakers Thread

joseephuss

Reaction score
Boys122;4985889 said:
Better days ahead for the Lakers? I can only hope. Beating a team like the Thunder was epic. Now we have to win the games we're supposed to and get back to .500

They just offset that victory with a loss to one of the worst teams in the West in Phoenix. What a weird season for them.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The lakers have proven to be a "turrible" road team, they better get their crap together during this road trip or they might be out of it by the time they play at home again

juck

Reaction score
They are not making the playoffs. Also I have feelings the team may get broken up a bit.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4990261 said:
They are not making the playoffs. Also I have feelings the team may get broken up a bit.

They have to survive this current (I think) 8 game road trip with at least a .500 record IMO to stay alive. Their schedule softens up a bit after that and they could make a run. Howard needs to stay healthy and Kobe needs to keep distributing. Nash needs to play better too, he seems to be washed up, tho.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As of now, 3/9/2013, The Lakers are 32/31, 1/2 game out of the 8th place spot in the West. They have 19 games left, 10 on the road but one is against the Clippers, which as we all know, is like a home game.

Their remaining schedule looks like this.

Bulls
Magic @
Hawks @
Pacers @
Kings
Suns @
Wizards
Warriors @
Timberwolves @
Bucks @
Kings @
Mavs
Grizzlies
Clippers @
Hornets
Blazers @
Warriors
Spurs
Rockets

Of the 19 remaining games, 13 are Western Division games but only 4 are against teams in the top 8 in the Western Division Playoff Race. Lakers play 9 games against winning teams, 5 of those are on the road.

This is very doable for the Lakers, making the playoffs. If they fail to get into the playoffs, it's pretty much nobodies fault but their own. It's all their in front of them.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
[youtube]_lEgFnNwPzY[/youtube]

I am going to miss this kind of stuff so much when he retires.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lakers got a win over Bulls today. Big win for them against a playoff team and it brings them into 8th place in the West. 1/2 game lead over Utah, who was idle today.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Lakers will need to keep working their way in the standings to get out of the first. That 6th seed isn't completely out of the question, beyond that it will be impossible to climb tho

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
They are still not a top ten team imo. But at least theyre doing better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5019531 said:
They are still not a top ten team imo. But at least theyre doing better.

I don't think they have the depth to be a top team at this point but, I think that anything can happen in the playoffs. If they make it, I'd bet that nobody want's to see them. That is not to say that other teams can't beat them because clearly, they can. However, if I'm the 1 seed, no way do I want to play the Lakers as the 8th seed.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;5019565 said:
I don't think they have the depth to be a top team at this point but, I think that anything can happen in the playoffs. If they make it, I'd bet that nobody want's to see them. That is not to say that other teams can't beat them because clearly, they can. However, if I'm the 1 seed, no way do I want to play the Lakers as the 8th seed.

Thats true. I just dont see how any team can beat the heat in a series.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5019585 said:

Well, the heat is in the East so there is not much the Lakers or any team can do in the West to effect the Heat. They are clearly the best team right now, IMO, but we will see what happens. They are older and by the time the end of the playoffs come, a team like the Thunder might be able to take advantage of younger legs. I guess we will see what happens.

Back to the Lakers, Utah beat Detroit last night so they are tied with the Lakers at 33-31 for 8th spot. Going to be a good stretch run I hope.

juck

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5019585 said:
cHeat for the repeat. :laugh2: I think they end up playing the Spurs and beating them in 6. The only reason I give it 6 is cause POP is coaching the other team lol. That team actually may do a 3 peat. Especially now with Ray Allen and Birdman. How do u stop Lebron and Wade and Allen ? U do not. They have stifling defense on the perimeter and not so bad inside as well now.I put money on the Heat again. Its easy pickins

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Really not good kobe got hurt. They dont have a chance without him thats for sure. Hes the 2nd best player in the world man. I heard his ankle was bad last night. I sure hope not.

jimmy40

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5023717 said:
Really not good kobe got hurt. They dont have a chance without him thats for sure. Hes the 2nd best player in the world man. I heard his ankle was bad last night. I sure hope not.
he'll have the greatest recovery of all time and put up 40 shots his next game.