Lamar Jackson requests a trade

Tim93gt

Reaction score
This dude’s ego is going to get him out of the NFL if his QB style doesn’t do it for him first.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This.......but I'm willing to bet the same offer is still there.

Maybe, again the Ravens let him pass the ball the same amount that Jimmy G does per game, Im not sure the Ravens will pay huge for 23 pass attempts per game...yes Lamar is a top notch run threat but not when he is injured.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Allen got an average of 43 million in 2021. Daniel Jones matched that this year. The market changes. Dak's 40 looked insane a few years ago. Now that's what average QBs like Jones get.

Mahomes got an average of 50 million in 2023 on a 10 year deal that is the single largest contract in sports and even that was repeatedly criticized for taking a team friendly deal. I haven't heard of the Ravens making a similar offer to Jackson but I accept that maybe I'm misinformed.

No employee is obligated to take a team friendly deal. You shouldn't. The only person you help is your boss and the people you hurt are the other people around you. Your argument is proof of that.

Signing a FA contract in 2023, I'd expect to be paid more than Daniel Jones if I had an MVP on my resume.
Rumor was he turned down a 5 year $250 million contract with $133 million fully guaranteed. That is more than Daniel Jones if the offer was true or even just close to that amount.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Another media creation. When a top organization is done with you that is a major red flag. Jackson is one of the most overrated players of the last decade.

CWR

Reaction score
Allen got an average of 43 million in 2021. Daniel Jones matched that this year. The market changes. Dak's 40 looked insane a few years ago. Now that's what average QBs like Jones get.

Mahomes got an average of 50 million in 2023 on a 10 year deal that is the single largest contract in sports and even that was repeatedly criticized for taking a team friendly deal. I haven't heard of the Ravens making a similar offer to Jackson but I accept that maybe I'm misinformed.

No employee is obligated to take a team friendly deal. You shouldn't. The only person you help is your boss and the people you hurt are the other people around you. Your argument is proof of that.

Signing a FA contract in 2023, I'd expect to be paid more than Daniel Jones if I had an MVP on my resume.

Again, it's not about the size of the contract. It's the guaranteed money. No one wants to give him 100% guaranteed.

Most of those deals the guys are fortunate to see half of face value.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Give me a break. You base this on what? Guy had 1 good year. Baltimore is moving on. That says it all.
As if you're not basing it on anything more than the star on Dak's helmet.

If Jackson was a Cowboy and Dak was with the Ravens you'd be saying the same thing about Dak.

Oh, and to answer your question... I'm basing this on the fact that Dak sucks.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why does Jerry have to cave and give players what they want?

Why couldn't he have done this to Dak and forced Dak to request a trade?

Ugh.

jrumann59

Reaction score
No team is willing to hitch their wagon to him long term. He has not shown enough progression as a passer for a team to say when his legs are gone he can still pass the ball.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No team is willing to hitch their wagon to him long term. He has not shown enough progression as a passer for a team to say when his legs are gone he can still pass the ball.
I think he would already be signed if he were a true unrestricted free agent. It is having to throw in two first round picks plus all the contract demands that have teams balking.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Atlanta may be fooled into trading for him. I’m sure that’s where Baltimore would prefer to send him. Can’t see Washington being involved considering the ownership mess.

9ers are probably where Lamar wants to go but I don’t see them A.) being all that interested or B.) having the ammo to trade for him (unless the Ravens are fine with future late 1st rounders).

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We will never know how it would have turned out. Maybe Jerry would have matched any offer at that time.
I would've took my chances there.

Dak was coming off a season ending injury at the time.

I highly doubt anyone would've offered him what Jerry gave him. The same way Zeke is still one of the highest paid RBs in the NFL still to this day.

Jerry is bad at this stuff.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So has Dak since Lamar's MVP win.

At least Lamar can run and use his legs even if he doesn't have the best arm. Dak doesn't have the best arm and can't run at all anymore.

Jackson only played in 12 games last year and only had 100 less yards rushing than Zeke.
Dak has won a playoff game at least. Its amazing how deluded you are.

You want playoff success. But want to bring in a QB who has literally sucked in the playoffs since he came into the league. Show me. On paper. A playoff performance from Jackson like that of the one in 2016 or last year in Tampa.

Go ahead. And don't drop back and start bringing up regular season crap. Show me playoff performance. Because according to you. When it comes to Dak. That's all you care about right?

Enough with the double standards. Like seriously

Instead of doing something monumentally stupid in trading for Lamar. This team needs to unfortunately now because they restructured Dak. Extend him. Get rid of that no trade clause in the next extension and have an out ASAP. What I wanted them to not do. They did. So now unfortunately regardless of how this season goes. The Cowboys and us. Are stuck with Dak.