Lamar Jackson requests a trade

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This may be the first domino to fall which contracts the QB contracts. I have been saying for some time that it makes zero sense to pay an average QB as the #1 QB in the league just because he is up next to be re-signed.

How much better would this team be if it paid Dak 2/3 of what the top qb was making at the time rather than one of the top 3 at his position when he was re-signed?
Daks 2023 cap hit $26,832,647
Daks 2022 cap hit $19,730,000

Again show me the huge cap hit restricting our player aquisition please.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wow. Talk about gaslighting.

Where are the stats showing Jackson having better playoff performances than Dak?

And its not a gimmick. I am not happy. And I have made that known to multiple posters numerous times. Unfortunately. I dont get mad about things I cant control.

Ill wait for you to show me Jackson playing better than Dak in the playoffs. You know. When you say it matters. Its not support for Dak. Its just factual analysis which you seem incapable of.
I never said Jacksons playoff numbers were better than Daks.

This is just what you decided to go with to defend Dak.

When neither guy has done anything note worthy then you just go off skill and talent.

That's like saying you wouldn't take Herbert over Dak because Dak's team has 2 Wild Card wins in 7 years.

CWR

Reaction score
While I'm all for players getting paid, I sort of hope some team doesn't cave to the all guaranteed deal. If Jackson gets it, it'll become the new norm.

Exactly, and I don't like the idea of siding with management but if contracts are fully guaranteed then you have to re-write everything. Holds outs and wanting more with years remaining for example. It has to be a 2 way street. You also get rid of all the extra fluff in contracts. All said these massive contracts are difficult in the salary cap era and as a fan my only concern is seeing the best possible football. The contracts/cap make that difficult.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Agreed. His negotiating was basically what you said plus holding out for what seemed to be an injury he could have played through. I completely understand being cautious before you get your money, but he sort of bailed on the team, at least from the information I have. Maybe his injury was worse than I understand it to be.
it was accepted by the Ravens he could have played and sat out to protect himself.... that couldnt have sat well with a team in the playoff hunt.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I never said Jacksons playoff numbers were better than Daks.

This is just what you decided to go with to defend Dak.

When neither guy has done anything note worthy then you just go off skill and talent.

That's like saying you wouldn't take Herbert over Dak because Dak's team has 2 Wild Card wins in 7 years.
Id take Herbert over Dak faster than I would take Micah over Eli Apple.

Stop trying to pin me as something I am not. You cant say Jackson is better than Dak when you also in the same breath say playoffs are that matter and Jackson has sucked wayyyyyyy worse than Dak has in the playoffs. And he doesnt have the benefit of playing under Jerry Jones and his toxic culture and atmosphere lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I might be lost in this process at this point but wouldn't a team just be smarter to make an offer to Jackson and give up two firsts for him rather than engage in trade talks with the Ravens?
uhmmm.. they would still have to meet his contract demands in order to sign him. He is asking for 260 plus million guaranteed. You think any team wants to do that?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Lamar is a far superior QB than Dak. You surround Dak with the Raven's supporting cast on offense and he'd be out of the league in 2 seasons.
He is a far superior runner/threat. Put them back in the pocket and I might give Dak the edge but impossible to know since Dak moves like a turtle comparatively.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
The big deal here is that nothing is truly going to settled with the 2023 draft until the Lamar Jackson contract stuff is done. Every team that needs a QB (there are many) will at least have some interest in a possible trade for Jackson. If a trade does happen draft picks are going to be flying the Raven's way. And a trade may set off a chain of events that could impact other teams and several players in this years draft.

But IMO the Cowboys are not interested. Jones and Son do not have the courage to make such a bold move. And they likely believe that there is not enough difference between Jackson and Dak to warrant a trade. It would not surprise me however if Jerry Jones did fake some interest just to get the publicity in the media. He loves to do that with big name players. But Dallas is on the sidelines in all of this just watching.

Last edited:

sunalsorises

Reaction score
uhmmm.. they would still have to meet his contract demands in order to sign him. He is asking for 260 plus million guaranteed. You think any team wants to do that?
No. It doesn't seem any team wants to meet his contract demands. I'm not sure what your point is. If a team wants him and is willing to reach an agreement with him then wouldn't it make more sense just to negotiate with him and give up two firsts instead of trading for him, for probably a lot more, and still having to reach an agreement with him. I don't see how the Ravens can even have the leverage to trade him is my point.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Stop trying to pin me as something I am not. You cant say Jackson is better than Dak when you also in the same breath say playoffs are that matter and Jackson has sucked wayyyyyyy worse than Dak has in the playoffs. And he doesnt have the benefit of playing under Jerry Jones and his toxic culture and atmosphere lol
You say that but its not like the bolts have been trotting out a long line of scrubbs around Herbert...He looks good but if the end game is results how is he any diferent than any other QB who cant get over the hump.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

The Cowboys literally have a winning record without Dak playing since he's been in the NFL.

The Ravens are 4-8 without Lamar.

There are difference makers in this league and you notice it when they're not on the field. Jackson is one of those.

Jackson doesn't get a chance to suck in the playoffs if he's not the engine leading the team there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The Cowboys literally have a winning record without Dak playing since he's been in the NFL.

The Ravens are 4-8 without Lamar.

There are difference makers in this league and you notice it when they're not on the field. Jackson is one of those.

Jackson doesn't get a chance to suck in the playoffs if he's not the engine leading the team there.
There is really no helping you.

Lamar isnt the SOLE reason they are 4-8 without him. Go look at the other injuries on the team before you spew this nonsense. Lamar Jackson hasnt been a difference maker for years. You really do look at things black and white eh? Its comical. Football is the ultimate team sport. That ravens team that was losing games without Lamar was missing 3 RBs half of their defense and more. But yeah. They lost because Jackson wasnt playing. Give your head a shake my friend. You are letting your hatred for one guy cloud your usually sound football judgement.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
great example that shows he is clueless to how this works. He needs an agent. Some guys can rep themselves but Lamar doesn't understand what he's doing at all. He's hurting himself.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There is really no helping you.

Lamar isnt the SOLE reason they are 4-8 without him. Go look at the other injuries on the team before you spew this nonsense. Lamar Jackson hasnt been a difference maker for years. You really do look at things black and white eh? Its comical. Football is the ultimate team sport. That ravens team that was losing games without Lamar was missing 3 RBs half of their defense and more. But yeah. They lost because Jackson wasnt playing. Give your head a shake my friend. You are letting your hatred for one guy cloud your usually sound football judgement.
Hold up..

The Ravens are 4-8 WITHOUT Lamar and 45-16 WITH him.

But he's not a difference maker?

You Dak guys and downplaying the importance of the QB position hasn't gotten old and tired yet? When does the QB position become important to you guys? Only if Dak plays well?

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think he would already be signed if he were a true unrestricted free agent. It is having to throw in two first round picks plus all the contract demands that have teams balking.
If he had the overall talent a team would do, hell the Ravens would have re-signed him. He is a slightly more talented RG3