Lamar Jackson requests a trade

mardwin

Reaction score
The Ravens clearly showed they were willing to play hardball with him since they did the non exclusive franchise tag. Now that they have clearly shown Jackson they are in the drivers seat in these negotiations, why would they possibly trade him now? I hope they dont trade him and I hope they force him to sit out or accept the 32 million. The teams are required to follow the CBA.... time to make these players follow the CBA.

I loved Zeke, but I would have let him sit the entire season when he held out. If every player that holds out gets what they want, its like negotiating with terrorists... it will make more people sit out.

Stay strong Ravens and put the screws to Lamar.

The kid is not that smart in business matters. He should have signed with an agent and he would have had the guaranteed contract by now. Freaking Sam Bradford kept getting elite money with every extension even though everyone knew he wasn't anything special but his agent sure was.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Josh Allen signed 2 years ago to his megadeal. He’s already made 66m$ more than Lamar, and they were taken in the same draft class.

That’s money Lamar will never get back. Not hiring an agent is the worst decision he’s made, nothing else is close. It’s costs him 10’s of millions, and at this point he’s just trying to prove some kind of point

Whyjerry

Reaction score
As if you're not basing it on anything more than the star on Dak's helmet.

If Jackson was a Cowboy and Dak was with the Ravens you'd be saying the same thing about Dak.

Oh, and to answer your question... I'm basing this on the fact that Dak sucks.
That is some really amazing analysis. Deep.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Well if we can learn anything from this it is that agents do matter. Lamar seems like a smart guy, but even he has failed miserably up to this point on going at things solo. You can't represent yourself and you cant have a friend or family member do it, especially if you goal is to get as much as possible. Someone who can speak to teams on your behalf, and someone who can give you the direct feedback you need to hear and not just be a cheerleader for your personal goals is crucial.
Smart? The big dummy has his mama as his agent.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I might be lost in this process at this point but wouldn't a team just be smarter to make an offer to Jackson and give up two firsts for him rather than engage in trade talks with the Ravens?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak has won a playoff game at least. Its amazing how deluded you are.

You want playoff success. But want to bring in a QB who has literally sucked in the playoffs since he came into the league. Show me. On paper. A playoff performance from Jackson like that of the one in 2016 or last year in Tampa.

Go ahead. And don't drop back and start bringing up regular season crap. Show me playoff performance. Because according to you. When it comes to Dak. That's all you care about right?

Enough with the double standards. Like seriously

Instead of doing something monumentally stupid in trading for Lamar. This team needs to unfortunately now because they restructured Dak. Extend him. Get rid of that no trade clause in the next extension and have an out ASAP. What I wanted them to not do. They did. So now unfortunately regardless of how this season goes. The Cowboys and us. Are stuck with Dak.
I like the new gimmick of pretending you're not happy about the Cowboys being "stuck with Dak".

You should work on not letting your support for Dak seep into everything though. It'll make your not happy seem at least a tad bit more believable.

Verdict

Reaction score
This may be the first domino to fall which contracts the QB contracts. I have been saying for some time that it makes zero sense to pay an average QB as the #1 QB in the league just because he is up next to be re-signed.

How much better would this team be if it paid Dak 2/3 of what the top qb was making at the time rather than one of the top 3 at his position when he was re-signed?

mardwin

Reaction score
This dude’s ego is going to get him out of the NFL if his QB style doesn’t do it for him first.
He's entitled to be one of the highest-paid QB in the league. His mistake is that he's too big of an idiot to be his own agent.

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.”

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Forgetting all the logistics of making it happen, would you rather have Jackson than Prescott?
Forgetting all the age differences and could go back in time, who would you rather have, Aikman or Dak?

How you have a reputation as a deep thinker is befuddling.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like the new gimmick of pretending you're not happy about the Cowboys being "stuck with Dak".

You should work on not letting your support for Dak seep into everything though. It'll make your not happy seem at least a tad bit more believable.
Wow. Talk about gaslighting.

Where are the stats showing Jackson having better playoff performances than Dak?

And its not a gimmick. I am not happy. And I have made that known to multiple posters numerous times. Unfortunately. I dont get mad about things I cant control.

Ill wait for you to show me Jackson playing better than Dak in the playoffs. You know. When you say it matters. Its not support for Dak. Its just factual analysis which you seem incapable of.

tomokawan

Reaction score
He's entitled to be one of the highest-paid QB in the league. His mistake is that he's too big of an idiot to be his own agent.

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.”
People who don't need a lawyer and save themselves money are not fools. Some lawyers are not good at thier profession as well.

John813

Reaction score
While I'm all for players getting paid, I sort of hope some team doesn't cave to the all guaranteed deal. If Jackson gets it, it'll become the new norm.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wow. Talk about gaslighting.

Where are the stats showing Jackson having better playoff performances than Dak?

And its not a gimmick. I am not happy. And I have made that known to multiple posters numerous times. Unfortunately. I dont get mad about things I cant control.

Ill wait for you to show me Jackson playing better than Dak in the playoffs. You know. When you say it matters. Its not support for Dak. Its just factual analysis which you seem incapable of.
You won’t get it. I used to like that guy as a poster. Nowadays he is all about Dak this Dak that. The obsession is weird. It’s like a cult.