Lamb’s feet were in on the touchdown

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It’s a great enough topic that Jerry spent 2-3 mons talking about it on the radio yesterday. If you don’t want to discuss why come in the thread.?
Why come in a thread?

Everybody talking, all this stuff about me... why don't they just let me live?

I don't need permission to make my own decision, that's my prerogative.

It's my, it's my, it's my, my, my.... My prerogative. I can do what I want to do. It's my prerogative. Nobody can tell me what to do. It's my prerogative.

My, my, my, my, my...My prerogative.
:clap::clap::clap:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My opinion is that possession, toe down and drag should be good enough whether falling forward or backwards, and some people seem to be bothered by that. This subject is making people mad so I will bow out.
Before you go, let me ask you this: If that had happened on the end zone line, where his toes touched down before the end zone, and just his heel touched the line, and he was knocked back into the field of play without falling into the end zone, should it be a TD?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Before you go, let me ask you this: If that had happened on the end zone line, where his toes touched down before the end zone, and just his heel touched the line, and he was knocked back into the field of play without falling into the end zone, should it be a TD?

A bad analogy since in that case it depends on if the ball breaks the plain not where his feet are.

But ignoring that, no, it would be down at the one foot line because he had possession, one foot down outside the end zone and one toe down outside the end zone, but it would be a catch and that is where the ball would be spotted as it should have been in the play in question.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A bad analogy since in that case it depends on if the ball breaks the plain not where his feet are.

But ignoring that, no, it would be down at the one foot line because he had possession, one foot down outside the end zone and one toe down outside the end zone, but it would be a catch and that is where the ball would be spotted as it should have been in the play in question.
I thought about saying to disregard the ball position, but that would mean changing the rules. lol I'm glad you understood where I was going, but I disagree. I think if they went by foot placement, that situation would be a TD.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I think everyone pretty much agrees with that. But you keep asking if it’s a good rule which is a bizarre question.

Well, that's really the only question here. If it's a bad rule, should the rule be altered. The call was made and there's no changing that, it's in the past but we are discussing what should be in the future. I think it's a bad rule that penalizes a guy for falling backwards instead of falling forward.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I thought about saying to disregard the ball position, but that would mean changing the rules. lol I'm glad you understood where I was going, but I disagree. I think if they went by foot placement, that situation would be a TD.

Well, if all you needed was a heel in then all you should need is a toe in.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
It's all strange. Every bit of it. Not just this thread.

It's about the toes man, all about the toes.

giphy.gif

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I didn't think his feet were in. I think they made the right call there.

But I do think Lamb is emerging as the kind of player he's capable of being, and not a second too late, just right after mid-season.