Lamb’s feet were in on the touchdown

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I think it’s a trash rule that you can no longer toe tap moving backwards off the field. Infinitely stupid.

That said, ceedee would have been out under the old rule too and I’m fine with that. He didn’t get the foot inbounds because the heel hit out. Doesn’t matter that the toe touched first because the step included the heel.
Nah the refs admitted one heel was in and the right toe touched

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Basically in order for these sorts of catches to be in bounds, your heel can't touch down (out of bounds) at any point until you are on the ground

Yep, which is amazing considering how many toe tap sidleline catches we see that are ruled good.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Yep, which is amazing considering how many toe tap sidleline catches we see that are ruled good.
Yeah, it makes sense though, because with most sideline catches the receiver is facing out of bounds and so when they fall forward, their heel doesn't play into the equation until they are laying on the ground, at which point the play is over.

EST_1986

Reaction score
lol no. i’m here to learn things i don’t know from time to time. someone already explained and i thanked him. get off my nuts already
Just FYI if someone lines up on the wrong side of the ball it’s offsides

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Does not matter-that’s not the rule-He was out-end of story

If it's not a catch because his toe was in but the heel didn't come down in bounds then none of these are catches either, because only the toe came down in bounds. Just admit it was the wrong call, and a lousy rule.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Yeah, it makes sense though, because with most sideline catches the receiver is facing out of bounds and so when they fall forward, their heel doesn't play into the equation until they are laying on the ground, at which point the play is over.

But if all you need is a toe touch, that's what CeeDee did.

conner01

Reaction score
Since when does the hell have to come down in bounds. Tell me the difference with these catches.

Can’t see them but the rule is pretty clear
If you toe touches by itself that’s in
But if your entire foot comes down like a step the the entire foot has to be in

zerofill

Reaction score
You have to understand the rule
If tors touch that’s inbounds but if he heal comes down out of bounds it’s out
Think of going forward out of bounds. Your toes touch and that’s in
But if your entire foot comes down the entire foot has to be in bounds

You are saying his right foot came down with the heel... so his left foot had to as well?

conner01

Reaction score
But if all you need is a toe touch, that's what CeeDee did.
A toe touch isn’t what he did
A touch touch is when your heal doesn’t come down
Think of it this way, if you take a step your whole foot has to be in. If you only touch with the toe and the heal doesn’t touch out then it’s a catch
That’s always been the rule