Lamb’s feet were in on the touchdown

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
But if all you need is a toe touch, that's what CeeDee did.
The thing is though that it's not only a toe touch that is needed. What also needs to happen is that the heels do not touch out of bounds. Both of these need to be true. I only just found out about this today too lol.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
The thing is though that it's not only a toe touch that is needed. What also needs to happen is that the heels do not touch out of bounds. Both of these need to be true. I only just found out about this today too lol.

Yeah, like I said, I understand the rule, it;s just a bad rule. A toe tap should count regardless.

Proof

Reaction score
He had to walk on tippy toes the rest of the game for the TD to count. :laugh:

da63ygt-ff7a8669-2f52-4c42-86df-c41990143037.jpg

conner01

Reaction score
Nah, a stupid rule. The toe touched well before the heel touched. If the entire foot came down toe in and rest out, yeah, not a catch but that isn't what happened. A toe is good enough should be the rule falling forward or backwards.
If just the toe touches it is a catch
If you take a step, the full foot comes down then the full foot has to be in. If a player is running down the sideline and his heal touches out of bounds then he’s out of bounds even if his toe touches in bound
It’s the same things
It’s been the rule forever
It’s not like it’s some new rule
If your entire foot comes down the entire foot has to be in bounds

conner01

Reaction score
good...it was dumb
He’s not the only one who does it
Personally I hated it and don’t like the feed me either that Zeke does
I loved billy Johnson back in the day but that was creative
But what ever they like to do within the rules I learn to live with
Lots of celebrations I don’t like

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If just the toe touches it is a catch
If you take a step, the full foot comes down then the full foot has to be in. If a player is running down the sideline and his heal touches out of bounds then he’s out of bounds even if his toe touches in bound
It’s the same things
It’s been the rule forever
It’s not like it’s some new rule
If your entire foot comes down the entire foot has to be in bounds

Yeah, I understood that the first two times you posted it. It's still a stupid rule. It obviously was a toe drag, but still not good enough with that stupid rule.The run rule you cited does not apply here. He has two feet in, possession, that's a catch.

FiXpo0SUAAMe4SO

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah, I understood that the first two times you posted it. It's still a stupid rule. It obviously was a toe drag, but still not good enough with that stupid rule.The run rule you cited does not apply here. He has two feet in, possession, that's a catch.

FiXpo0SUAAMe4SO
That has never been the rule and won’t be
If you come down with the entire foot the the entire foot has to be in
Your foot is your foot

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
That has never been the rule and won’t be
If you come down with the entire foot the the entire foot has to be in
Your foot is your foot

He didn't come down with his entire foot which is obvious with the photo. Toe touched and drug, it had to as you can see by where his foot is in order for his heel to come down out. The entire foot only came down out because he fell backwards, but well after the toe drag, which makes it a very stupid rule.

conner01

Reaction score
He didn't come down with his entire foot which is obvious with the photo. Toe touched and drug, it had to as you can see by where his foot is in order for his heel to come down out. The entire foot only came down out because he fell backwards, but well after the toe drag, which makes it a very stupid rule.
Actually he did
The video clearly shows his toe touched in bounds and his heal came down out of bounds
It’s pretty clear

EST_1986

Reaction score
you see this thread is 5 pages of people who were unaware of this strange and highly specific rule, yeah? i’ve honestly got my suspicions you knew either. but alas this turkey is sapping my energy.
When the ball is snapped, one player who is lined up in the backfield may be in motion, provided that he is moving parallel to or away from the line of scrimmage. No player is permitted to be moving toward the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. All other players must be stationary in their positions.

THE MORE YOU KNOW…