Lamb: I'm the top WR in this game

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Wrong about what? We keep having the same back and forth.

Noah Brown is not a #1. Just because he has a monster stretch of games doesn’t suddenly change his entire career arc. If he does it the rest of the season, maintains it again another season, then he can change his narrative. CeeDee beat up on the Giants, he’s had a record span from October 22nd-November 15th. But if that’s all we care about, then Miles Austin had stretches like that, Miles Austin had a 250 yard game, CeeDee’s never done that. So was Miles Austin better than CeeDee? Of course not. Why are we defining these players by such small sample sizes? It makes no sense to even consider it.

It is an establishment. CeeDee can make it not a small sample size. Finish the season strong, dont just do it again next week; do it again next year. That’s how you become a true #1. He’ll probably have a big game against bad Carolina, but will he be there vs. Buffalo? Miami? Seattle? He can be the greatest receiver in the NFL if he wants, but it requires consistency.

He doesn’t have to catch 10 passes for 150 yards every week, but he’ll need to show he’s more consistent than what happened at the start of last year.
Cee Dee is the man. Dak has to be on the money, which means everyone else also has to be on the money. It's a team game. CeeDee definitely isn't the problem. But everyone else has to be on their game too. It's a team game, obviously.

By the way, Aerolithe, I sense a little closet fandom in you.

Personally, I was surprised to see Noah Brown released lasts year. I'm not sure why, but I also saw some talent coming along in him. For me, that was like his rookie year, because he declared as a freshman. That was an important factor for me to consider, so I was actually a little bit more sad he was leaving because I really appreciated, and respected, his career trajectory. Noah is a winner.

He'll be a winner post-football, too.

plasticman

Reaction score
CeeDee is the best receiver at this particular point in time. If he can sustain close to this current rate, he will be the best this season.

In the past three games, he has better numbers than any other WR in their last three games.

But why solicit attention? Why put a different kind of target on your back? Opponent DB's are listening.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why do yall even watch football lol. You want a bunch of grown alpha males to shut up. Goodness
yes, I do. you show who you are when you play, not with words. nobody can assign themselves to be the best. its others who do it. I never ever heard Jerry rice say I am the best WR ever or I am the best WR in the game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
yes, I do. you show who you are when you play, not with words. nobody can assign themselves to be the best. its others who do it. I never ever heard Jerry rice say I am the best WR ever or I am the best WR in the game
Just because you never heard it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I heard Jerry proclaim himself to be the best many times.. but then I was living in 49er country for most of his career so I got to hear the 49er players say a lot of things that the national media would pounce all over if a Cowboy said it. And I will say again.. I don't want players on my team who don't truly want to be the absolute best. Who the hell plays this game to be "okay?"

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Y'all forget how good Dez was. Don't get me wrong I think Lamb is top 5, maybe top 3. So I hold him in high regard. Dez did more and scored more. Plus Dez returned punts. Dez was a big physical athletic receiver.

Nah, Dez was good. Lamb is just a tad better.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just because you never heard it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I heard Jerry proclaim himself to be the best many times.. but then I was living in 49er country for most of his career so I got to hear the 49er players say a lot of things that the national media would pounce all over if a Cowboy said it. And I will say again.. I don't want players on my team who don't truly want to be the absolute best. Who the hell plays this game to be "okay?"
I am still a firm believer, you let your results do the talking. you can be confident and do your thing. you can stand and scream I am the best. that is not the same as confidence. everybody else debates and assigns the best, not the player. never. even if Jerry Rice said it, it still doesn't make it anything. Aikman never said I am the best. he just went out and played and won three superbowls. everybody else voted him into HOF.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'll be honest.. when they made that 88 Club Video a while back and invited CeeDee to be with Irvin, Pearson and Dez, wasn't sure if he belonged yet, but dude has more than seized his membership in the club of great receivers. Hope he stays healthy, and oh yeah... let's re-sign dude. Don't let him go away like all the other recent teams opting to trade or not pay as much. Only Mahomes can do it without a franchise receiver. (If you're not counting Kelce) Even Rodgers struggled.

Motorola

Reaction score
Amen. As kids, a long time ago, on the sandlots we used to laugh at what Ol' Dizzy Dean once said: "It ain't braggin' if you kin do it". and Ol Diz could do it. (throw no hitters). CeeDee is a helluva receiver. I don't think he's braggin'
Dizzy Dean never threw a no-hit game in the major leagues.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You've never heard CeeDee say it either.