Lamb is Michael Irvin light

ItzKelz

Reaction score
100 yards a game like Irvin said and the world will make the comparisons.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I expect to get hammered, its ok.
Only reason I brought it up was.....
Don't tell anyone you started this thread. And never compare CD to Irvin ever again. Light Dark Fast Slow Quick Whatever. Never again.

Aven8

Reaction score
Michael Irvin was a very strong, physical receiver who ran great routes, outmuscled DBs for the ball and earned his nickname “The Playmaker” with his big time receptions. Irvin is a Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest receiver in our storied history.

While I certainly think Cedee Lamb is a very talented receiver with lots of upside, IMO his game is not comparable to Michael Irvin. Lamb is not as physical as Irvin was even though he is close to the same size. Lamb is probably better than Michael was in YAC, but he has not (up to this point) exhibited the same overall big playmaking ability. He’s still young and maybe he can show some of that. But IMO, these two receivers are not that comparable at this point. Just an opinion.

Don’t forget the heart and soul of the team. He was the true leader of the 90’s Cowboys.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I am always amazed at the sheer power of the Cowboys PR operations to sucker fans into this sort of mindless excitement.
What about how they get some others to get involved by critiquing it?

All press is good press…?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Only reason I brought it up was because it looks like he's the man to start the season and not a lot proven except Schultz.

Irving was dominate and I view Lamb as a Nice finesse receiver.

So, blast away!

Your opinion might carry more weight if you actually knew the player’s name.

:facepalm:

Mannix

Reaction score
Hey...can a poster correct the thread title himself? Didn't think you could edit that.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The other item that Michael had and not many others have. Was that he burned to win. It wasn’t just a fire but an inferno. Dez had the passion like Mike. But he didn’t polish his skills. CD is not like Mike and that’s ok. He’s his own person. Troy talks about it. Michael outworked everyone and did whatever it took to win. Let Lamb be lamb.

Sounds like Parsons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb is his own man and not the playmaker light. They just have the same number. Comparisons beyond that are silly.
true but MI isn't a good comp for Lamb anyway. Gallups game is a lot more like MIs because of how they are more physical etc.. Lamb doesn't need to be physical , once because the NFL does not allow the Corners to play as physical, no need, and two lambs a tad faster off the line and can get open a bit easier.

Lamb will never be MI no need for comp..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb will always be Alvin Harper....we traded Irvin to Cleveland for a 5th.

:popcorn:
Idiotic statement. sorry man Lamb was Better than Harper the day he stepped on the field as a collegian. harpers always been overrated on team full of HOF players, he made play or two like those names i cant remember the NYGs receivers who made those plays in the playoffs and SBs.. . hes was a one trick pony, go long Buford!...

morat1959

Reaction score
Michael Irvin was a very strong, physical receiver who ran great routes, outmuscled DBs for the ball and earned his nickname “The Playmaker” with his big time receptions. Irvin is a Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest receiver in our storied history.

While I certainly think Cedee Lamb is a very talented receiver with lots of upside, IMO his game is not comparable to Michael Irvin. Lamb is not as physical as Irvin was even though he is close to the same size. Lamb is probably better than Michael was in YAC, but he has not (up to this point) exhibited the same overall big playmaking ability. He’s still young and maybe he can show some of that. But IMO, these two receivers are not that comparable at this point. Just an opinion.
Nailed it!

kskboys

Reaction score

Only reason I brought it up was because it looks like he's the man to start the season and not a lot proven except Schultz.

Irving was dominate and I view Lamb as a Nice finesse receiver.

So, blast away!
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

They are polar opposite type WR's. Terrible comparison.

Lamb is like Terry Glenn.

kskboys

Reaction score
Idiotic statement. sorry man Lamb was Better than Harper the day he stepped on the field as a collegian. harpers always been overrated on team full of HOF players, he made play or two like those names i cant remember the NYGs receivers who made those plays in the playoffs and SBs.. . hes was a one trick pony, go long Buford!...
Right? Is everyone on drugs this morning?

I've never thought Lamb was quite as good as some on here, but he is a quality WR. Alvin Harper? The guy who's only skill was jumping high? C'mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnn.