Lamb is Michael Irvin light

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree with the Lamb being a better #2 than a #1...but Coop was nowhere near Irvin. Maybe talent-wise, but Mike was 100% intensity all the time. Coop looked like he was on sedatives most of the time. That said, we will miss Coop this season.
how do you agree before he had shot to prove it..lmao.. i disagree lamb can be every bit as productive as coop , i mean cops never be elite nor special as 1 and now on his third team..Lmab may also never be elite but for sure easy a starting Wr1..

not bad for jag #2 lmao..for 2 seasons

cowboyec

Reaction score
michael irvin is one of the greatest who ever played.
tough.
physical.
any comparison needs to be earned.
and im a BIG ceedee lamb fan.
there's not a receiver in the league i'd trade him for.
but michael irvin is michael irvin.
thats rare-air.

Reactions: BAT

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how do you agree before he had shot to prove it..lmao.. i disagree lamb can be every bit as productive as coop , i mean cops never be elite nor special as 1 and now on his third team..Lmab may also never be elite but for sure easy a starting Wr1..

not bad for jag #2 lmao..for 2 seasons

It's a small sample size but the one game CL played last year that Coop didn't, he put up 3 catches for 14 yds and a 4.67 avg. Obviously he will have better days but has a lot to prove in that role as number 1. We'll see.

Also, I never said he's a jag. I like CL a ton, just not sold on him as a 1.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not into comparing today's players to past players. There isn't one alike, nor will there ever be.
Who's Michael Irving? Julius's lost brother?
Being it's a family forum. It could be a youngster who posted or someone who simply was confused on the spelling of the two. No need to be sarcastic/rude.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I could be way off on this one and if someone wants to correct me on it I will gladly except that I'm wrong but, why do I not see anything in Lamb that makes me believe he is a #1 WR? I'm not a negative person when it comes to this team. I've been called a Jerry Jones nut hugger, so it's not like I want him to fail, but Lamb is the one player on this team I just don't understand the hype about. He seems to make huge drops in big moments over and over. So far he is averaging right around 1000 yards a year with 5 TDS. There is just nothing about him that excites me about being a #1. Love him as #2 but being the #1 makes me real concerned.

Now having said that, the biggest difference between me and the many people on this forum who only come here to hate everything about this team, is I absolutely hope I get this post shoved down my throat come November. I hope someone tells me how wrong I was and that I look like a complete idiot when it comes to this take. As of now. I just don't see it. Prove me wrong CeeDee.

Reactions: BAT

bigE79

Reaction score
I expect to get hammered, its ok.

Only reason I brought it up was because it looks like he's the man to start the season and not a lot proven except Schultz.

Irving was dominate and I view Lamb as a Nice finesse receiver.

So, blast away!
Quick answer...no way in hell he is anything like Mike, except wearing 88...jmo of course.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's a small sample size but the one game CL played last year that Coop didn't, he put up 3 catches for 14 yds and a 4.67 avg. Obviously he will have better days but has a lot to prove in that role as number 1. We'll see.

Also, I never said he's a jag. I like CL a ton, just not sold on him as a 1.
means nothing

small sample size is correct. not enough data's. i guarantee he matches last year's output if he pays all 17..nothing to prove imo..

joseephuss

Reaction score
What were people's opinions of Irvin after his second season in the NFL? Or even after his third season. Not everyone is immediately impactful or consistent. Development and growth often take some time.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
The only time I see Irvin in CeeDee is when he appears to be snorting something from his arm.

giphy.gif

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
means nothing

small sample size is correct. not enough data's. i guarantee he matches last year's output if he pays all 17..nothing to prove imo..
If he's able to match his numbers from last year after a season of commanding double teams or the team's top CB and taking pressure off the other WR's then I'll happily concede the point that he has a lot to prove..

lukin2006

Reaction score
Not even close. We will see how he performs as the number 1...id temper expectations.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Prove me wrong CeeDee.

Ha...you really think CeeDee is going to be thinking of you and this post when he takes the field?

A true number one must have the heart of a champion. Look at Lambs highlights and count how many times he gets crushed making a catch over the middle.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Ha...you really think CeeDee is going to be thinking of you and this post when he takes the field?

A true number one must have the heart of a champion. Look at Lambs highlights and count how many times he gets crushed making a catch over the middle.

No I don't think that. I'm sorry that is what you assumed. I will start adding colored pictures to my post to help you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If he's able to match his numbers from last year after a season of commanding double teams or the team's top CB and taking pressure off the other WR's then I'll happily concede the point that he has a lot to prove..
first off all 1s do not command doubles they can put the best cb on him and double the other guys.. move him around motions , hidden in bunches etc they wont allow him to get doubled. If he is doubled a lot that opens others up if hes doubled, it means hes good you dont double easily covered spares. Either way hes better than most give him credit for and AC wasn't only helping lamb, lamb was helping AC dont get ti twisted.

BTW AC is also overrated IMHO want to know what elite wrs and elite seasons look like, last wr here that did that was Dez and guess what clueless fans like yourself called Dez a one trick pony as if he didn't run good routes only could go get jump balls, that was nonsense, he had 3 straight elite productive seasons with tds added to them..AC never touched one of those seasons and dez also did it while cooking on punt returns..yet again this place the super keyboard GM said Dez wasn't a good route runner..

ac is a great route runner but never achieved what dez didnt those 3 straight seasons' because he never had that drive and passion, took plays off, sometimes simply didnt show up..

we dotn have to worry about that from Lamb, hes got that passion..he wants to be great and if Moore doesn't hold him back like he does to zeke and makes it tough, Lamb will have all the success he wants,

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb is closer to Drew Pearson, he is not a physical player and once they started enforcing the push off rule Irvin was not dominant.

dfense

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not into comparing today's players to past players. There isn't one alike, nor will there ever be.
Being it's a family forum. It could be a youngster who posted or someone who simply was confused on the spelling of the two. No need to be sarcastic/rude.
I think my reply was pretty tame considering some of the posts I've read here. Did you even look at his profile page? 1967? If anything, he's a slob.