Lamb is Michael Irvin light

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Agree with the Lamb being a better #2 than a #1...but Coop was nowhere near Irvin. Maybe talent-wise, but Mike was 100% intensity all the time. Coop looked like he was on sedatives most of the time. That said, we will miss Coop this season.
I can agree with that...Mike was always bouncing off the wall on crack...Cooper...he was just the mild mannered reporter....just showing up for work. We all know Jerry...and how he likes his coffee.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
first off all 1s do not command doubles they can put the best cb on him and double the other guys.. move him around motions , hidden in bunches etc they wont allow him to get doubled. If he is doubled a lot that opens others up if hes doubled, it means hes good you dont double easily covered spares. Either way hes better than most give him credit for and AC wasn't only helping lamb, lamb was helping AC dont get ti twisted.

BTW AC is also overrated IMHO want to know what elite wrs and elite seasons look like, last wr here that did that was Dez and guess what clueless fans like yourself called Dez a one trick pony as if he didn't run good routes only could go get jump balls, that was nonsense, he had 3 straight elite productive seasons with tds added to them..AC never touched one of those seasons and dez also did it while cooking on punt returns..yet again this place the super keyboard GM said Dez wasn't a good route runner..

ac is a great route runner but never achieved what dez didnt those 3 straight seasons' because he never had that drive and passion, took plays off, sometimes simply didnt show up..

we dotn have to worry about that from Lamb, hes got that passion..he wants to be great and if Moore doesn't hold him back like he does to zeke and makes it tough, Lamb will have all the success he wants,
You seem very angry.

I never called Dez a 1 trick pony, I was always a huge fan of Dez and still think he got a raw deal. Anyways...I hope you're right. Toodles.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Dude I was just joking in that first part. But check out Lamb's highlights for real. He has what it takes.

My bad I ate lunch, I'm better now. I agree that his highlights are awesome and some of the catches he makes in traffic make me wonder how he is still breathing. I just remember some big drops late in games over the last few years that have made me lean towards thinking he might not be a true #1. I honestly do believe I could be 100 % wrong on that though. I have no qualms with you thinking opposite of me on this one. Totally think he could prove me wrong and hope he does.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I expect to get hammered, its ok.

Only reason I brought it up was because it looks like he's the man to start the season and not a lot proven except Schultz.

Irving was dominate and I view Lamb as a Nice finesse receiver.

So, blast away!
Mike was a very physical receiver
Have not seen that with Lamb.
Mike also had better hands.
Lamb could aspire to someday be that good.

Haimerej

Reaction score
QPic

pansophy

Reaction score
They are very different WRs. When Lamb stops dropping easy passes then it will be a better conversation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Only reason I brought it up was because it looks like he's the man to start the season and not a lot proven except Schultz.

So, blast away!
sorry, he is not. Irvin had great hands, could catch in traffic and dished out punishment. lamb is a finesse reciever despite his size.

JayFord

Reaction score
CeeDee is further along right now than Irvin was at that point in Irvins Career

stuckindc

Reaction score
Idiotic statement. sorry man Lamb was Better than Harper the day he stepped on the field as a collegian. harpers always been overrated on team full of HOF players, he made play or two like those names i cant remember the NYGs receivers who made those plays in the playoffs and SBs.. . hes was a one trick pony, go long Buford!...
This is very true. But Harper was exactly what we needed in that offense. It all worked That’s one of the reasons the 49ers beat us in the 94 NFCG. By putting Dieon on Mike they could Double team Harper. 3 early turnovers and a horrible No PI And we still almost beat them

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So, blast away!

We are completely screwed bro. Might as well just fold up shop.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not really the same style of receiver. Irvin out physicaled backs for the ball (and started getting called for it later in his career). It's still not clear what Lamb is really, but he doesn't quite have Irvin's physicality yet.

Itss abundantly clear exactly what Lamb is. I do realize that there are a lot of fans that cant see it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I like Lamb, think he's dynamic and I'm hopeful he can take on the challenge.
That being said, I don't remember Irvin ever having a "prove it" year.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Hes not even Antonio Bryant lite yet.....Irvin was a beast, physical and could make a simple crossing pattern into a big play......not to mention his leadership...Lambs style so far is totally different...

Haimerej

Reaction score
People need to be reminded about Irvin. Watch him make Deion look a fool-