Lamb looks like a legit WR with a competent QB

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Great game by Lamb, that drop in the last game has motivated him and he looked very good yesterday. He just need to keep it up

Daillest88

Reaction score
The hate for dak is just wow. So rush has played well. Mistake free football( no turnovers) but acting like Dak wouldn’t take this offense to another level is absolutely laughable.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The hate for dak is just wow. So rush has played well. Mistake free football( no turnovers) but acting like Dak wouldn’t take this offense to another level is absolutely laughable.
Curious as to what Dak has shown that leads you to believe what you just wrote? He has looked just awful since his injuries...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How soon we forget.. We heard all these gripes about CeeDee just last week!! He played very well in the 2nd half, but he was hot garbage in the 1st half!! CeeDee's performances tend to have less to do with the QB as much that it has to do with his ability or inability to simply catch the damn ball when it's thrown perfectly into his hands lol..:banghead:

Agree that CeeDee tends to have concentration lapses, however, to get the best out of him (and his iffy hands) the ball needs to be placed in front of him. His college tape and high draft pick was mostly based on after catch ability.

I remember having a 'discussion' with @RonnieT24 last year on his point that Dak needed a large bodied target (TE) to get the best out of Dak in the RedZone. I wonder if that approach (noting Dak's chemistry with Schultz) would better better suit our Offensive strategy/gameplan with Dak....sacrifice the speed and after catch yards for a more incremental game of moving the chains.

Again, this isnt a criticsm just an acknowledgement that different receivers and QB's have different skills.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Why do we hate our own players? Just a simple question. We won and we should be celebrating our win, not knocking others on the team. That's up to the staff to do.
I understand your premise. But I think it is FAIR for the coaches and the fans to make sure the WRs, RBs, TEs, and OL are being properly evaluated. I hope as a coaching staff, they are dialing up plays that they've run for both Dak AND Rush and assessing who ran then the most effectively.

With that said, it does not matter. Jerry will decide who plays, and BECAUSE he RECENTLY gave Dak so much money, Dak will play.

Can't remember, but was Tony making a ton of money when the organization decided to let Dak take Romo's job due to injury?

If the Cowboys were being run like a REAL football operation, you would let Rush start against the Rams AND the Eagles. 2 road games against 2 of the best the NFL has to offer right now. The defending champs and currently a top 3 NFL team. A pocket passer in Stafford and a new age QB in Hurts. A top corner in Ramsey, a top DL in Donald and a top LBer in Wagner. It will allow them to not only analyze Rush...but every other player on offense based on plays being run with the timing and design they were intended. It was also allow them to better analyze Kellen Moore.

I am a Cowboys fan FIRST. And Daks performance against playoff teams has steadily declined. We will have a better understanding IF Dak is the problem by allowing Rush to play against these playoff teams. If we perform the same...then we have a better gauge of where the weak spots on the team/coaching staff are.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Well, yes, but as yet we are to see which Dak we get back, there are arguments that Dak (be it injury or skillset) may not get the same response/chemistry with the receiving corp.

As with life, the actuality is probably somewhere in the middle.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak has never taken any team to “another level” and he will never do it.

And he Never will but sometimes he gets dragged along for the ride by the talent that has generally always been around him... and too many around here look at that drink the cool-aid and think Dak is our saviour. Rush may not be as good as Dak (that's debatable at the moment) but just the fact that it is even an ongoing discussion should tell people everything they need to know about Dak. He has never been and never will be the answer and we will win nothing with Dak as our QB

Slick

Reaction score
Well, we already know the Dak haters.

A real fan roots for all the players. And both Dak and Cooper at QB.
We can’t criticize the team, coaching staff, or players?

I’ve been a fan since the early Landry days. The debate & love/hate relationship is a huge part of sports. Especially here in Dallas

I don’t feel the need to swallow Jerry’s kool aid, just because I’m a fan. Dak, has proven not to be an elite QB for this team.

6yrs on he can’t get rid of the ball, and throws behind his receivers constantly. I can’t understand how the coaches can’t see it, when clearly everyone else can.

He had a first great contract, they should have let him walk. Defense wins Super Bowls and that’s been proven.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can’t criticize the team, coaching staff, or players?

I’ve been a fan since the early Landry days. The debate & love/hate relationship is a huge part of sports. Especially here in Dallas

I don’t feel the need to swallow Jerry’s kool aid, just because I’m a fan. Dak, has proven not to be an elite QB for this team.

6yrs on he can’t get rid of the ball, and throws behind his receivers constantly. I can’t understand how the coaches can’t see it, when clearly everyone else can.

He had a first great contract, they should have let him walk. Defense wins Super Bowls and that’s been proven.

Yes, criticize away. I was posting about the ones that have the same basic posts over and over and over about certain players and the FO. Like they can't think of any other topic. And if that player does something good, they refuse to acknowledge it, or it was because of something else.

I don't drink Jerry's kool aid either, but I don't bag on every little thing. I really wish he would just shut up and not be on TV or radio. But that will not happen.
I was hoping they would franchise Dak again, then go up from there. Now we have this year, and what, 2 more years? I like Dak to a degree, but not entirely sold on him either.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know he had 1100 yards as the #2 wr with Dak last year right?

Daillest88

Reaction score
Dak has never taken any team to “another level” and he will never do it.
Yea bud. See 2020. lmao offense descreased 11 ppg when he left the field. Try again. And that was with Andy Dalton replacing him, with so many on here saying we wouldn’t miss a beat lmao.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Curious as to what Dak has shown that leads you to believe what you just wrote? He has looked just awful since his injuries...
37 tds ? He literally destroys nfc East teams. I repeat he had 37 tds after a career threatening injury. Make no mistake about it he was absolutely trash in week 1. This offense line has come together pass blocking. Dak will be an improvement. This is so unreal.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
37 tds ? He literally destroys nfc East teams. I repeat he had 37 tds after a career threatening injury. Make no mistake about it he was absolutely trash in week 1. This offense line has come together pass blocking. Dak will be an improvement. This is so unreal.
The issue we have is there are unfortunately games outside the NFC East, lol. He hasn't won the big game for us, and as you are well aware cost us a somewhat important games vs the 9ers last year. The injury bug has seemed to find him, and when he does come back to start he will certainly have tons to prove. By the way the OL was not good yesterday. Again fancy stats against crappy teams means nothing, and he has NOT won the big game for us. This is what he needs to do, and time will clearly tell in the next few weeks when we play challenging teams

Daillest88

Reaction score
The issue we have is there are unfortunately games outside the NFC East, lol. He hasn't won the big game for us, and as you are well aware cost us a somewhat important games vs the 9ers last year. The injury bug has seemed to find him, and when he does come back to start he will certainly have tons to prove. By the way the OL was not good yesterday. Again fancy stats against crappy teams means nothing, and he has NOT won the big game for us. This is what he needs to do, and time will clearly tell in the next few weeks when we play challenging teams
Pass
Blocking it wasn’t bad. Run game was trash. Rush has a noodle arm. Great game management, smart. But limited. And lol at the 49ers game. Dak killed once the ball was snapped. Please. It was
Like the cowboys Vs bengals game . That’s the pressure Dak was facing ..

morat1959

Reaction score
Yea bud. See 2020. lmao offense descreased 11 ppg when he left the field. Try again. And that was with Andy Dalton replacing him, with so many on here saying we wouldn’t miss a beat lmao.
What exactly did we win that year so you try again.