Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

Cmac

Reaction score
it doesn't really support your theory in my case,

now what happens is contract negotiations begin & some agents/players like trayvon Diggs don't set out to gouge the ownership or stroke their egos with ridiculous demands. they're not looking for ego boosts and they got that deal done quick got top five money, no need to split fans..

Lamb is becoming that guy IMO, UNDER CONTRACT AND offered fair money turned it all down, losing support because that IS GREED IMO ..compromise is setting a demand, unwilling to budge or compromise, that GREED!

we already saw SINCE JJ deal DJ 27.5 and Hill 30 league AV for WR 31

but somehow Lamb won't take just under 33 to make him the second highest paid wide receiver 2nd highest paid non quarterback in the league,

.id say players like that will start to get fans to side with ownership's, I was all for CD holding out AT FIRST demanding top dollar, but top 5 money is how negotiations in sports have always worked but somehow the new narrative is " I want to be the top paid position player outside of quarterback. that not negotiating, nor shows loyalty for team as well as complete no show at camp? Daks in a similar situation, never held out always showed up and that leadership vs greed, that shows he cares about the team and teammates. No reason BY NOW that CD couldn't at least made an appearance like Ayuk and Chase but not fully practice ie HOLD IN.. so now i'm losing interest in caring at all.

let him continue this come pay be FT and be back in this same spot next year, 15mil short and tradeed off this team.. IDC anymore. If im the FO im not coming off the last offer, its beyond fair and this is all on Lamb now.. i'm sorry that's my perspective...

oh, that would take this a step further if he comes out and states he will not report for game 1, Im bringing in a Michael Thomas /JJ Shuster or the like as GM to make point. im not waiting or playing that game. Go ahead CD lose millions hurt your team over 33mil offer? !! we will adjust and move forward until you report.
No problem with your thoughts as there's not quite convincing. Fully understand as we each have an opinion on the topic. I respect CeeDee wanting his value....the numbers didn't lie regardless of what we think, his current worth to our WR group, etc.

However.......you mentioned Michael Thomas/JJ Shuster........now just think about that........but Dak, Zeke and probably Micah on defense, will get the blame and expected to be ran out of town. Michael Thomas been injured for a while and JuJu (SMH)? Maybe we need to bargain for Simi Fehoka's return from the Chargers, with his 4 receptions in the league.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No problem with your thoughts as there's not quite convincing. Fully understand as we each have an opinion on the topic. I respect CeeDee wanting his value....the numbers didn't lie regardless of what we think, his current worth to our WR group, etc.

However.......you mentioned Michael Thomas/JJ Shuster........now just think about that........but Dak, Zeke and probably Micah on defense, will get the blame and expected to be ran out of town. Michael Thomas been injured for a while and JuJu (SMH)? Maybe we need to bargain for Simi Fehoka's return from the Chargers, with his 4 receptions in the league.
Im talking about IF CD skips the first month possibly those are VERY valid replacement with cooks WR 1 leading, go to a TE heavy set play better D , STOP 33 is his worth the rest IS GREED,,, IMHO

I would NOT as aGM up that offer..its all posturing now and lets see who blinks.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Im talking about IF CD skips the first month possibly those are VERY valid replacement with cooks WR 1 leading, go to a TE heavy set play better D , STOP 33 is his worth the rest IS GREED,,, IMHO

I would NOT as aGM up that offer..its all posturing now and lets see who blinks.
Philly just traded for an upgrade to their WR3 spot. Cowboys need to get their number one WR signed and in what’s left of training camp. Greed or no greed.

Cmac

Reaction score

No problem.....CD wants to get paid Justin Jefferson money......market value that MAY change once Jamar Chase gets his money. It's always evolving, that is the problem some fail to realize. All good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No problem.....CD wants to get paid Justin Jefferson money......market value that MAY change once Jamar Chase gets his money. It's always evolving, that is the problem some fail to realize. All good.
Right but these other wide receivers who one of them it was voted the number one player in the NFL one tyree kill the one with the ring the one that single handedly changed Tua career he didn't even haggle I realized a different place in his career but we can argue all you want the dude took 30 million DJ Moore took 27.5 million all those guys underneath A.J. Brown are at 30 or under and AJ Brown's at 32 so there's something wrong with 33 million again that is market you don't need to be the record setting next guy to break the top money that's the point you're missing these guys don't need to be higher than the highest top five has always been the starting point that is where you negotiate within that's fair compromise not demanding to be the highest paid at your job in the NFL that's not how it works deshaun Watson nobody got that four years later to barely touching the guaranteed money and his was fully guaranteed that was an anomaly that wasn't a trendsetter Justin Jefferson money the next three guys did not get..

So I'm telling you it's ridiculous for every new player to act like they're entitled to break the top money paid to the other guy they can ask for it but there's a level of compromise if he's unwilling to compromise he's losing the fans.. Like I said I didn't care if he held out if he asked for 35 but at some point you look at the rest 31 million is the AAV the same way Trayvon diggs did it he didn't need to be the next guy he didn't need to be the second highest paid player in the NFL outside quarterback that is something that is not the responsibility of ownership fair pay is anything over 31 and for both parties 33 is a perfect number... It's too bad you don't realize that every player in the NFL is not breaking the top money they're just trying to get in the top five because there are a lot of players in the NFL that are very close they're not all gonna break the top money that's negotiation if you're set to do that and that's all you're gonna do bye bye I don't want CD lamb here anymore he can play at 17,000,000 lose 15,000,000 hold out coming game 12 I don't care I don't want him here anymore if that's what he's demanding from Jerry Jones I no longer care to have that player on my team...

Cmac

Reaction score
Right but these other wide receivers who one of them it was voted the number one player in the NFL one tyree kill the one with the ring the one that single handedly changed Tua career he didn't even haggle I realized a different place in his career but we can argue all you want the dude took 30 million DJ Moore took 27.5 million all those guys underneath A.J. Brown are at 30 or under and AJ Brown's at 32 so there's something wrong with 33 million again that is market you don't need to be the record setting next guy to break the top money that's the point you're missing these guys don't need to be higher than the highest top five has always been the starting point that is where you negotiate within that's fair compromise not demanding to be the highest paid at your job in the NFL that's not how it works deshaun Watson nobody got that four years later to barely touching the guaranteed money and his was fully guaranteed that was an anomaly that wasn't a trendsetter Justin Jefferson money the next three guys did not get..

So I'm telling you it's ridiculous for every new player to act like they're entitled to break the top money paid to the other guy they can ask for it but there's a level of compromise if he's unwilling to compromise he's losing the fans.. Like I said I didn't care if he held out if he asked for 35 but at some point you look at the rest 31 million is the AAV the same way Trayvon diggs did it he didn't need to be the next guy he didn't need to be the second highest paid player in the NFL outside quarterback that is something that is not the responsibility of ownership fair pay is anything over 31 and for both parties 33 is a perfect number... It's too bad you don't realize that every player in the NFL is not breaking the top money they're just trying to get in the top five because there are a lot of players in the NFL that are very close they're not all gonna break the top money that's negotiation if you're set to do that and that's all you're gonna do bye bye I don't want CD lamb here anymore he can play at 17,000,000 lose 15,000,000 hold out coming game 12 I don't care I don't want him here anymore if that's what he's demanding from Jerry Jones I no longer care to have that player on my team...
blueblood70......commendable to stick to your beliefs on this. Not trying to change it. Me, on the other hand, I'm fully supportive of players seeking value when outperforming contracts, as the game is actually a short window for most, injuries can shorten a career, and money is floating around all over the place. Safe to say we disagree, and I'd add respectfully. No problems here. All good and enjoyable. We'll see what happens.

pansophy

Reaction score
And the team can franchise him next year too... He and his agent have painted themselves into a corner for some imaginary bragging rights that nobody besides them gives a flying frog about. People act like accepting $33mil in an income tax free state of Texas presents some kind of hardship on the guy and his family. Please.
If reports are that it is the number of years on the contract is the rub then Jones has always said he expects some give and take on either years, money per year, or guaranteed money. Just guessing, but since Dak essentially got his way on all three I wonder if Lamb is trying to do the same and get a 4 year deal with the same 33M/yr and whatever the guaranteed money is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If reports are that it is the number of years on the contract is the rub then Jones has always said he expects some give and take on either years, money per year, or guaranteed money. Just guessing, but since Dak essentially got his way on all three I wonder if Lamb is trying to do the same and get a 4 year deal with the same 33M/yr and whatever the guaranteed money is.
Rumors are that Lamb wants a 4 yr deal, but the Cowboys want a 5 yr deal..................that appears to be the sticking point, not the money.

Seems like they could come to a compromise that the last year of the deal is voided if Lamb hits certain metrics, like being named all-pro, consecutive 1000 yd seasons, going to the probowl, ect...

Last edited:

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
And the team can franchise him next year too... He and his agent have painted themselves into a corner for some imaginary bragging rights that nobody besides them gives a flying frog about. People act like accepting $33mil in an income tax free state of Texas presents some kind of hardship on the guy and his family. Please.
It’s not quite that simple you got a receiver going to sign here in the next few days a full two years before his contract is up for a four-year $160 million deal. Lamb is making the argument that he is the best receiver in the NFL and so therefore what anybody else is paid is what he deserves at a minimum. And I don’t agree with it if I was his agent and representing him to the best of viability, I would tell him to do the same thing. In a few days from now, he’ll be able to demand $40 million per year. the Cowboys literally cannot afford that. And I say let him go. I can almost guarantee you after he gets that contract. He’s gonna be a flop anyhow. He won’t even be a top 10 receiver in the league going forward. He is not worth 40 million a year. He is not the top receiver in the league. And he will not be even in the top five after this season.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
33 million is too low? I guess a real job for him is off the table. Who gets offered that kind of money and says it's too low? Spoiled, entitled and now greedy. This is what has ruined the sport for me. It's ruined all sports.

blueblood70

Reaction score
blueblood70......commendable to stick to your beliefs on this. Not trying to change it. Me, on the other hand, I'm fully supportive of players seeking value when outperforming contracts, as the game is actually a short window for most, injuries can shorten a career, and money is floating around all over the place. Safe to say we disagree, and I'd add respectfully. No problems here. All good and enjoyable. We'll see what happens.
Keep using the word value as if 33 million isn't value top five money is value that's ridiculous money it makes him the second highest paid non quarterback in the league and you can't get that you thinking value means he has to set some new record being new market money and be the highest paid non quarterback in the league that's not value that's greed I don't mind him asking but at some point you're hurting your team Trayvon diggs did not do this and he's happy we're happy things are not having to go through this on six straight weeks of taking sides once the offer came down for 33 million it turns to the player in my opinion that is ridiculous money that is not disrespect that is not a home team discount that is not a lowball offer not in any way shape or form it makes him the second highest paid wide receiver in the league and the second highest paid non quarterback in the league you know what about 1400 players in it #2 yes show me the disrespect show me how that's not value the rule is not to always be the highest paid and demand the most it is about negotiations, negotiations about compromise

he's not compromising that is a compromise 33 million is the ultimate compromise do you not understand this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:espn::popcorn::oldcouple:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
how do we know when to count regular season stats and when to discount them?...asking for a friend....
Tell your friend he does not throw the ball to himself, and the guy throwing the ball only does it well in low pressure situations.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
33 million to get pushed around and dog walked by players who are in it to win it. No thanks.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tell your friend he does not throw the ball to himself, and the guy throwing the ball only does it well in low pressure situations.
I will now what about sacks...stopping the run and rushing yards and all the other things my friend has questions on...is this a one stop shop answer?

Oooh forgot my friend also knows the GB CB's he had another question about heart, is that also the answer to this question?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will now what about sacks...stopping the run and rushing yards and all the other things my friend has questions on...is this a one stop shop answer?
Well the guys in charge of that nonsense is not here anymore ....... But the other stuff is still here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8025e5582a66446a6d723fbe71ed47b7.jpg

These two dummies. They wait on contracts until the market goes up and up, and THEN they offer their top player LESS than the going rate.

Embarrassing.
:facepalm: