Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

pansophy

Reaction score
Yeah that's not what's happening here maybe you ought to understand what people are discussing here in the adult world this isn't about somebody getting all their way demanding money and won't come off it demanding record amounts of money and won't compromise will get you called greedy that's what the adult tables talking about not that lamb should never have held held out I get why he held out I get why he demanded to be paid as much or more than just a Jefferson but at some point you have to be more like a guy like Trayvon diggs his contract was easy he was paid top five money like most players deserve when they're stars and now he's still 5th but his money was 4th when he signed he didn't demand to be the highest paid non quarterback in the league that will get you called greedy if you won't come off it...

These players have every right when they come to the negotiating table to demand the most money possible but at some point the agents and players have to come to the middle of the table with the adults because this is not ego stroking this is a hard capped league and we need to try to find a way to put all these stars on the same team when the contracts are run out almost at the same time you will get called greedy yeah when you already make $17 million one $1,000,000 a game and you just decide not to show up even though Prescott who has no contract at all shows up and he's a leader when guys like Trayvon diggs take a very fair contract a big life changing contract without making a big deal about being the highest paid player at the position just wanted respect respect is what the Dallas Cowboys front office has offered CD lamb and he spit in their face regardless of the reasons or the language or the details some of us are tired of it the man was offered a fair deal and him and his agent are playing hardball you're allowed to do that at the beginning without getting blowback from me but now the seasons ahead you're already under contract you decided to hold out your demands have been made the Cowboys met you in the middle and you're spitting in their face means you're spitting in my face therefore now I'm gonna call you greedy yes yes he's being greedy...

Now what are you gonna do about it? I'm calling the man greedy because of the statements made above. If you're unwilling to compromise and you need your ego stroked and you're turning down fair deals you're greedy it's not like he's greedy because he asked for the money or because he held out he's greedy for not compromising there is a level at which you have to concede something in negotiations and he's not conceding anything...

Say this because right now the top five money they're average for the best wide receivers in the league is $31 million right now tyree kill took 30 three years fully guaranteed $90 million he's arguably the best wide receiver in the league but hey his own peer said he's the number one player in the NFL did he ask for Justin Jefferson money no DJ Moore is a pretty damn good wide receiver took 27.5 million and don't say he's not on city lambs level you put him on this team with this quarterback in this offense I bet he's pretty damn productive how about A.J. Brown he's at 32 you got a bunch of other ones at 30 so there's only one player making 35 million and it's not the Dallas Cowboys fault that the Minnesota Vikings overpaid for Justin Jefferson he's an outlier an anomaly just like deshaun Watson's 230 million fully guaranteed contract never stuck it was not passed on to the next two or three contracts..

So $33 million or just under would be more than A.J. Brown it make you the second highest paid wide receiver it'd be way above the league wide receiver average for top five I would say that's very fair and the fact that he spit it back like it was nothing has me now saying the man is greedy.. I would trade straight up right now CD lamb for DJ Moore given their contracts and then find out with DJ Moores team pay CD Lam 35,000,000 would they do that deal no they wouldn't it's rhetorical why would they? Having a highly productive starting wide receiver is what all the top five wide receivers are and will do for their teams they don't need to be paid 35 million to do it..
Yeah at some point players listen to their agents a bit too much, or they make a competition, in which they'll never back down. 33M a year is a fair offer. He can't really sit out all year because he'll never make that money up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah at some point players listen to their agents a bit too much, or they make a competition, in which they'll never back down. 33M a year is a fair offer. He can't really sit out all year because he'll never make that money up.
I agree and I know he'll be back but I'm just saying we don't know both sides we haven't really seen the full contract details but I'm really just sick of this I'm over it if the man is gonna do this and not compromise and he's losing me as a fan and the fact that I'm a Longhorn already didn't like him when he was drafted as far as because he was a sooner I'm just gonna have to go back to that again. But I believe he will play all 17 games this year because you're right if it's only $2,000,000 separating them right now and he holds out for that all the fines cause he has to be back by I think game 12 would be about $15 million that $2,000,000 you will never get back because they're not gonna get you're not getting that 35,000,000 right now so even if you think you can get it next year from someone during a trade you would have to play seven more years minimum to get that $2,000,000 you lost per year..

I mean just knowing that he's gonna end up back in this position next year on a franchise tag why would you hold out games so yes I don't believe he's gonna hold out I think this is still posturing till the last minute I believe when Dallas comes back two Dallas and starts preparing for the cut downs in this last preseason game sometime between now in the final cuts lamb will report to camp to prepare for the first game and if that means he's in Dallas and now they can sit down and have some real talks maybe he'll sign something.. I think the plan all along is to keep laying from being hurt and while you're negotiating he's on the getting report list that means he's not part of the cut downs he is not officially part of this roster so he's not taking up a camp spot but once that's gone they need to do cut downs and they're gonna need to have an extra spot for him that's when they'll bring him off the failed to report and try to get something done on the precipice like usual it will happen at the last minute it happened with Chris Jones and the Kansas City Chiefs last year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree and I know he'll be back but I'm just saying we don't know both sides we haven't really seen the full contract details but I'm really just sick of this I'm over it if the man is gonna do this and not compromise and he's losing me as a fan and the fact that I'm a Longhorn already didn't like him when he was drafted as far as because he was a sooner I'm just gonna have to go back to that again. But I believe he will play all 17 games this year because you're right if it's only $2,000,000 separating them right now and he holds out for that all the fines cause he has to be back by I think game 12 would be about $15 million that $2,000,000 you will never get back because they're not gonna get you're not getting that 35,000,000 right now so even if you think you can get it next year from someone during a trade you would have to play seven more years minimum to get that $2,000,000 you lost per year..

I mean just knowing that he's gonna end up back in this position next year on a franchise tag why would you hold out games so yes I don't believe he's gonna hold out I think this is still posturing till the last minute I believe when Dallas comes back two Dallas and starts preparing for the cut downs in this last preseason game sometime between now in the final cuts lamb will report to camp to prepare for the first game and if that means he's in Dallas and now they can sit down and have some real talks maybe he'll sign something.. I think the plan all along is to keep laying from being hurt and while you're negotiating he's on the getting report list that means he's not part of the cut downs he is not officially part of this roster so he's not taking up a camp spot but once that's gone they need to do cut downs and they're gonna need to have an extra spot for him that's when they'll bring him off the failed to report and try to get something done on the precipice like usual it will happen at the last minute it happened with Chris Jones and the Kansas City Chiefs last year.
You’re confident Jerry Jones always pays his players. Why are CeeDee and his agent not confident enough to even have CeeDee in camp? We don’t know the details of negotiations, that’s true. We do know whatever has been offered is not satisfactory to CeeDee. I don’t believe CeeDee’s agent cares what AJ Brown signed for. CeeDee is not AJ Brown and he’s not negotiating with the Philadelphia Eagles. There is a disconnect between Lamb and the Cowboys and Jerry Jones has not overcome the impasse. We know CeeDee Lamb is important to the Cowboys and we know the season starts in less than three weeks. You don’t seem to know why fans are concerned.

conner01

Reaction score
Players will make more in one year than most of us will make in a lifetime.. so spare me the short career crap.
That is true but doesn’t change the fact they only have a short time to make it and a large pct of x players have injuries that affect them the rest of their lives. And not one person here would take less money than they could get

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry keeps wanting to wait for the leaves to fall. It may take Jeffersons deal to get it done. Their numbers are comparable.
That’s his style. But I think going first he could have got it done for less. Waiting till the end you let others set the market when 33 would have probably got it done earlier

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The sticking point is probably just guarantees and years. CD's agent does short-term and the Cowboys want long term.

For CD, every year shorter the deal is, the better.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We can't like without Dez. We can't like without Zeke. We can't live without Romo. Blah blah blah. None of these guys have ever amounted to a hill of beans after they signed their big deals. Martin, Lawrence, Tyron. The list is endless. Why would anyone care about them. They are all so irrelevant. Trading them for picks and spending some money on some hungry free agents is the way to go for sure. I was super high on Ceedee last year until that Green Bay game. Pretty sure he will be an overall net negative player for the rest of his career.

9of11

Reaction score
You go CEE DEE!!! get it all from the cheapskates...

Cmac

Reaction score
Yeah that's not what's happening here maybe you ought to understand what people are discussing here in the adult world this isn't about somebody getting all their way demanding money and won't come off it demanding record amounts of money and won't compromise will get you called greedy that's what the adult tables talking about not that lamb should never have held held out I get why he held out I get why he demanded to be paid as much or more than just a Jefferson but at some point you have to be more like a guy like Trayvon diggs his contract was easy he was paid top five money like most players deserve when they're stars and now he's still 5th but his money was 4th when he signed he didn't demand to be the highest paid non quarterback in the league that will get you called greedy if you won't come off it...

These players have every right when they come to the negotiating table to demand the most money possible but at some point the agents and players have to come to the middle of the table with the adults because this is not ego stroking this is a hard capped league and we need to try to find a way to put all these stars on the same team when the contracts are run out almost at the same time you will get called greedy yeah when you already make $17 million one $1,000,000 a game and you just decide not to show up even though Prescott who has no contract at all shows up and he's a leader when guys like Trayvon diggs take a very fair contract a big life changing contract without making a big deal about being the highest paid player at the position just wanted respect respect is what the Dallas Cowboys front office has offered CD lamb and he spit in their face regardless of the reasons or the language or the details some of us are tired of it the man was offered a fair deal and him and his agent are playing hardball you're allowed to do that at the beginning without getting blowback from me but now the seasons ahead you're already under contract you decided to hold out your demands have been made the Cowboys met you in the middle and you're spitting in their face means you're spitting in my face therefore now I'm gonna call you greedy yes yes he's being greedy...

Now what are you gonna do about it? I'm calling the man greedy because of the statements made above. If you're unwilling to compromise and you need your ego stroked and you're turning down fair deals you're greedy it's not like he's greedy because he asked for the money or because he held out he's greedy for not compromising there is a level at which you have to concede something in negotiations and he's not conceding anything...

Say this because right now the top five money they're average for the best wide receivers in the league is $31 million right now tyree kill took 30 three years fully guaranteed $90 million he's arguably the best wide receiver in the league but hey his own peer said he's the number one player in the NFL did he ask for Justin Jefferson money no DJ Moore is a pretty damn good wide receiver took 27.5 million and don't say he's not on city lambs level you put him on this team with this quarterback in this offense I bet he's pretty damn productive how about A.J. Brown he's at 32 you got a bunch of other ones at 30 so there's only one player making 35 million and it's not the Dallas Cowboys fault that the Minnesota Vikings overpaid for Justin Jefferson he's an outlier an anomaly just like deshaun Watson's 230 million fully guaranteed contract never stuck it was not passed on to the next two or three contracts..

So $33 million or just under would be more than A.J. Brown it make you the second highest paid wide receiver it'd be way above the league wide receiver average for top five I would say that's very fair and the fact that he spit it back like it was nothing has me now saying the man is greedy.. I would trade straight up right now CD lamb for DJ Moore given their contracts and then find out with DJ Moores team pay CD Lam 35,000,000 would they do that deal no they wouldn't it's rhetorical why would they? Having a highly productive starting wide receiver is what all the top five wide receivers are and will do for their teams they don't need to be paid 35 million to do it..
blueblood70, relax. Well thought out. You may be a candidate for Jerry's negotiating team. Well done.

Cmac

Reaction score
The NFL is a game, with rules to sustain a competitive equalibrium. He knew that when he signed his contract. He's making 17 mil this year if he plays. And if they tag him next year, he'll get north of 28 mil. Them's the rules.
If players dont like it then negotiate better terms with the Players Association.
The only leverage he has is to tell Jerry that when his contract is up that he will not consider signing with the Cowboys.
I personally wouldnt pay him.
.....with that in mind, player would have every right to consider taking their talents elsewhere to said franchise, when eligible, instead of any considerations to your or my opinions. Already a condition supported by the Players Association.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
.....with that in mind, player would have every right to consider taking their talents elsewhere to said franchise, when eligible, instead of any considerations to your or my opinions. Already a condition supported by the Players Association.
Kinda what I said. His only option is to play, play well a
nd then get paid. If he gets tagged next year, thats 11mil bump in pay. If not tagged, then let him find some other team to make him the highest paid WR.
Ceedee WAS my favorite guy on the team. Only jersey of current players I own. But Im sooo over this holdout BS.
Maybe Im old school. You live up to what you agreed to.
Maybe if he was getting paid like a second or third round pick and doing what hes been doing, then maybe. But come on man. 17 mil?

Cmac

Reaction score
Kinda what I said. His only option is to play, play well a
nd then get paid. If he gets tagged next year, thats 11mil bump in pay. If not tagged, then let him find some other team to make him the highest paid WR.
Ceedee WAS my favorite guy on the team. Only jersey of current players I own. But Im sooo over this holdout BS.
Maybe Im old school. You live up to what you agreed to.
Maybe if he was getting paid like a second or third round pick and doing what hes been doing, then maybe. But come on man. 17 mil?
"Ceedee WAS....."? Might help to understand Jerry has to pay, instead of one of us. Or you can refrain from ticket prices, merchandise, etc. No need to dislike CeeDee.

As for the live up to what you agreed to........owners rarely come with "You've outplayed the contract we agreed upon." I don't think any of us on a job, with some years under belt, is still working at initial salary, given good performances, reviews or evaluations.

I do know the trend on the board is to love and rave over a player that is deserving......but once the rookie contract ends........the love changes immediately.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
"Ceedee WAS....."? Might help to understand Jerry has to pay, instead of one of us. Or you can refrain from ticket prices, merchandise, etc. No need to dislike CeeDee.

As for the live up to what you agreed to........owners rarely come with "You've outplayed the contract we agreed upon." I don't think any of us on a job, with some years under belt, is still working at initial salary, given good performances, reviews or evaluations.

I do know the trend on the board is to love and rave over a player that is deserving......but once the rookie contract ends........the love changes immediately.
Stop trying to compare real life employment with the NFL. Its a game.
If you want to discuss all the inequities of the collective bargaining agreement, fine. But there is a system in place and players are required to abide.
If he doesnt like it, let him go make 35mil a year in the real world.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And the team can franchise him next year too... He and his agent have painted themselves into a corner for some imaginary bragging rights that nobody besides them gives a flying frog about. People act like accepting $33mil in an income tax free state of Texas presents some kind of hardship on the guy and his family. Please.

Cmac

Reaction score
Stop trying to compare real life employment with the NFL. Its a game.
If you want to discuss all the inequities of the collective bargaining agreement, fine. But there is a system in place and players are required to abide.
If he doesnt like it, let him go make 35mil a year in the real world.
Wow.....wish both of us could be talented enough to play professional sports.....you on offense and me on defense or vice versa. That would be fun and even better with the direct deposit.

“The principle of realism means denial of the ideal.”

Thanks BlindFaith

blueblood70

Reaction score
blueblood70, relax. Well thought out. You may be a candidate for Jerry's negotiating team. Well done.
No not Jerry I'm telling you right now Lamb and is agents are being greedy ,

literally 31 AV that's what the average top five and I'll take DJ Moore or tyreek Hill at under what lamb is demanding any day of the week all of them.. Like I said Justin jefferson's money is an anomaly just like deshaun Watson's odd contract was an anomaly 31 average salary for a top five should be enough 33 sounds like a compromise and that's not coming from Jerry the fan base is starting to get that way too they're starting to turn this is getting old you have to be able to negotiate negotiate demanding the top number in the league and never coming off it 33 in my opinion is in the middle.

That other side of the fan base like you guys it's confusing on why you think he should get more money and it's supposed to help the team we're supposed to be worried about the team what they can put on the field and he was already offered 33 million but somehow you guys are somehow hypnotized thinking it's better to pay the same player who's going to have the same production more money in a salary cap league is supposed to help the team and you're on board with that that makes zero sense!!

Cmac

Reaction score
No not Jerry I'm telling you right now Lamb and is agents are being greedy ,

literally 31 AV that's what the average top five and I'll take DJ Moore or tyreek Hill at under what lamb is demanding any day of the week all of them.. Like I said Justin jefferson's money is an anomaly just like deshaun Watson's odd contract was an anomaly 31 average salary for a top five should be enough 33 sounds like a compromise and that's not coming from Jerry the fan base is starting to get that way too they're starting to turn this is getting old you have to be able to negotiate negotiate demanding the top number in the league and never coming off it 33 in my opinion is in the middle.

That other side of the fan base like you guys it's confusing on why you think he should get more money and it's supposed to help the team we're supposed to be worried about the team what they can put on the field and he was already offered 33 million but somehow you guys are somehow hypnotized thinking it's better to pay the same player who's going to have the same production more money in a salary cap league is supposed to help the team and you're on board with that that makes zero sense!!
....then I'd simply stand by my claim that some on the Board began dislike of a player, previously to have received kudos for play, the moment contract negotiations surface and the rookie contract is near end. It's par for the course.

blueblood70

Reaction score
....then I'd simply stand by my claim that some on the Board began dislike of a player, previously to have received kudos for play, the moment contract negotiations surface and the rookie contract is near end. It's par for the course.
it doesn't really support your theory in my case,

now what happens is contract negotiations begin & some agents/players like trayvon Diggs don't set out to gouge the ownership or stroke their egos with ridiculous demands. they're not looking for ego boosts and they got that deal done quick got top five money, no need to split fans..

Lamb is becoming that guy IMO, UNDER CONTRACT AND offered fair money turned it all down, losing support because that IS GREED IMO ..compromise is setting a demand, unwilling to budge or compromise, that GREED!

we already saw SINCE JJ deal DJ 27.5 and Hill 30 league AV for WR 31

but somehow Lamb won't take just under 33 to make him the second highest paid wide receiver 2nd highest paid non quarterback in the league,

.id say players like that will start to get fans to side with ownership's, I was all for CD holding out AT FIRST demanding top dollar, but top 5 money is how negotiations in sports have always worked but somehow the new narrative is " I want to be the top paid position player outside of quarterback. that not negotiating, nor shows loyalty for team as well as complete no show at camp? Daks in a similar situation, never held out always showed up and that leadership vs greed, that shows he cares about the team and teammates. No reason BY NOW that CD couldn't at least made an appearance like Ayuk and Chase but not fully practice ie HOLD IN.. so now i'm losing interest in caring at all.

let him continue this come pay be FT and be back in this same spot next year, 15mil short and tradeed off this team.. IDC anymore. If im the FO im not coming off the last offer, its beyond fair and this is all on Lamb now.. i'm sorry that's my perspective...

oh, that would take this a step further if he comes out and states he will not report for game 1, Im bringing in a Michael Thomas /JJ Shuster or the like as GM to make point. im not waiting or playing that game. Go ahead CD lose millions hurt your team over 33mil offer? !! we will adjust and move forward until you report.