Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The cowboys have to pay him asap , without Cee Dee the offense will stall even more . I expect both sides to come to terms by end of this week.
Man, you are in for disappointment. None of that is happening. ;)

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
By league standards in today’s league, CD deserves the money. But here’s the problem. I’ve seen his story played out so many times over the decades. Once he gets that contract, he’s gonna write off into the sunset. He is not going to be the player he was last year going forward. That was a one time season for him. We’ve seen it time and time and time again in this league. Yeah he’ll still be product and probably remain our number one receiver for a year two going forward, but he’s not gonna be as dynamic as he was last year. That kind of money makes a man soft. I don’t care who you are

UncleRico

Reaction score
the top five wide receiver money is 31 average

Tyreek Hill 3 for 90 that 30 per?? market says his offers are more than fain not a discount its the market ie top 5 not best non qb contract that NOT the market!! dj Moore 27.5 Hill 30 many around 30 anything more than 32 is GREAT , Diggs took top 4 money now its 5 ,

he didn't give discount he comprised and that the key to all contract negotiations. .not demanding a ridiculous number and no concessions lmao.
It’s all about the guaranteed $$ when it comes to WR contracts

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Oh I don’t feel sorry for Ceedee at all.

I just don’t begrudge players for trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the owners either. Because the owners do the same to them. Tit for Tat really.
This is the way I see it. Let them sort it out. I wouldn't mind CD playing for someone else next season just like Dak. But if both are still on the team then that's the way it is and we'll see where they take us. Somewhere to great reg season and early play off exit land I guess.

Cmac

Reaction score
That makes no sense whatsoever Trayvon Diggs got paid Martin got re-upped Steele got paid, before that it was DAK, tank ,and zeke ,and other people have got market money ever since 1989 every superstar drafted here has gotten paid and most would agree overpaid, they literally got top market money...

So let's stop the drama just because lamb has not resigned yet the big word is yet and Prescott might or might not but it's ridiculous he's under $17 million contract lamb that's $1 million a game they did bring him back not for veteran minimum and they've offered him now $32.8 million that's not enough that's somehow a veteran minimum I don't care what you are inferring or referring to the offseason or free agents but our own players always get paid are homegrown stars not average players although jalen Smith did get paid he probably shouldn't have but our obvious superstars all got paid every single one of them since 1989 you can't name a single one that didn't and everyone just loves for this thing to spiral out of control with overly dramatic ridiculous posts for the last month or two on lamb Parsons and Prescott and they will get hey Prescott's the only one who has leverage and that there's a chance we might lose them the other ones not happening..

Literally san Francisco's having the same problem with Brandon nyuk Trent brown is holding out all around the league you got jamar chase hasn't been paid yet and do I need to list all the star wide receivers the last six years that have been traded instead of kept by their teams literally some superstars like tyreek hill, devante Adams, A.J. Brown OBJ, Hopkins, back in the day TO.. At least Jerry tries to keep his stars and that's quite obvious and yet y'all say here with the sarcasm and the nonsense and I'm just gonna have to check you cause should we just trade him just because it's taking too long to get his contract for the fan base they let this stuff spiral into a dumpster fire that it's not because you're overreacting until lamb it's traded or doesn't show up for game one these are all the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen a man will get paid and right now he's being greedy **! Yeah that's my opinion the man was offered a great contract and turned it down it's not the veteran minimum by a long shot his $1 million a game this year league min?? lmao
Thanks.....I'll stand by my comment/opinion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Trade him to the Jets for Haason Reddick and 2 1sts and a 3rd OR Reddick, Garrett Wilson and a 3rd
:lmao:
respectively, Holy heck...what a horrid idea. lol.. Isn't Reddick over 30 as well?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
CeeDee will sign after the last preseason game.
He missed training camp but will still have almost 2 weeks of practice before the 1st regular season game.

Patrick

Reaction score
Jerry will play hardball with his superstars but guys like Jaylon Smith and Michael Gallup are just given whatever they want.

Football contracts do not get better if you wait, you do them as soon as you possibly can because they will always want what the players above them have + more. Could have had Lamb and Dak extended long ago and saved yourselves $20+mil.

Smartest guys in the room.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s all about the guaranteed $$ when it comes to WR contracts
okay Rico,

why don't you show me the contract, THE REAL DETAILS, why don't you show me the actual numbers from the contract and tell me why it was turned down, because all of its third party information right now IE RUMORS,

and I don't care what it says anymore I'm absolutely over this whole thing the man is on the books for 17,000,000 he's a Dallas cowboy with a contract I expect him to play all 17 games on his old contract and then be franchise tagged next year if that's what it comes down to..

I don't care the reason he turned down this contract I'm telling you right now he lost me for support I'm over it he's under contract $1 million in game that's all guaranteed he's losing money in fines right now and I am not playing this game anymore...

he is being greedy. END OF story...............................

I'm not playing the game anymore he wants to be the highest paid wide receiver and break records in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Whereas Trayvon Diggs didn't feel his ego needed to be stroked that hard and I don't want to player our team that's gonna do this...
So, he lost me now,
I'm not offering him a single new contract if I'm the GM, I'm going to keep passing him the same one over and over until he shows up and reports this year, and then I'm going to franchise tag him and put his little shortened curlies & his bag in a vice because he's going to be going through this again next year and losing millions he will never get it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to end this report or not! im over CD and his agents antics.. Look I'm not even hold it against him that he held out I'm glad he held out and he demanded to be the highest paid anything in the league but at some point it's time to compromise come to the middle this contract shows the middle he should sign it if not I'll see him game one he can make his $1,000,000 a game because I have no empathy for someone that thinks that's not enough money to play football and then we could go through this again next year because that's what he has to look forward to he will never make back that 1.5 or $2,000,000 if he holds out 12 games this year and then back on the franchise tag next year and then whenever the other team offers him and we take a trade he will not get his money back it makes no sense so right now I know he's showing up for game one there's no reason to further discuss this because it's becoming disgusting...

blueblood70

Reaction score
why don't you show me the contract, THE REAL DETAILS, why don't you show me the actual numbers from the contract and tell me why it was turned down, because all of its third party information right now IE RUMORS,

and I don't care what it says anymore I'm absolutely over this whole thing the man is on the books for 17,000,000 he's a Dallas cowboy with a contract I expect him to play all 17 games on his old contract and then be franchise tagged next year if that's what it comes down to..

I don't care the reason he turned down this contract I'm telling you right now he lost me for support I'm over it he's under contract $1 million in game that's all guaranteed he's losing money in fines right now and I am not playing this game anymore...

he is being greedy. END OF story...............................

I'm not playing the game anymore he wants to be the highest paid wide receiver and break records in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Whereas Trayvon Diggs didn't feel his ego needed to be stroked that hard and I don't want to player our team that's gonna do this...
So, he lost me now,
I'm not offering him a single new contract if I'm the GM, I'm going to keep passing him the same one over and over until he shows up and reports this year, and then I'm going to franchise tag him and put his little shortened curlies & his bag in a vice because he's going to be going through this again next year and losing millions he will never get it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to end this report or not! im over CD and his agents antics.. Look I'm not even hold it against him that he held out I'm glad he held out and he demanded to be the highest paid anything in the league but at some point it's time to compromise come to the middle this contract shows the middle he should sign it if not I'll see him game one he can make his $1,000,000 a game because I have no empathy for someone that thinks that's not enough money to play football and then we could go through this again next year because that's what he has to look forward to he will never make back that 1.5 or $2,000,000 if he holds out 12 games this year and then back on the franchise tag next year and then whenever the other team offers him and we take a trade he will not get his money back it makes no sense so right now I know he's showing up for game one there's no reason to further discuss this because it's becoming disgusting...

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
By league standards in today’s league, CD deserves the money. But here’s the problem. I’ve seen his story played out so many times over the decades. Once he gets that contract, he’s gonna write off into the sunset. He is not going to be the player he was last year going forward. That was a one time season for him. We’ve seen it time and time and time again in this league. Yeah he’ll still be product and probably remain our number one receiver for a year two going forward, but he’s not gonna be as dynamic as he was last year. That kind of money makes a man soft. I don’t care who you are
Well, he already showed he was soft against GB in the playoffs, pouting on the sideline after 5 minutes. Now, whether or not it was an issue with Dak, doesn't matter. Dak isn't going anywhere, so the person throwing him the ball isn't changing. There is just no point in paying a fortune to your top 3 guys if you are only ever going to feature 3 top guys. They aren't winning the Super Bowl. Even the Triplets needed help, and these guys are not the Triplets.

Cmac

Reaction score
ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very dramatic. Kudos! Now to simplify with an analogy for you and I on a job......How about hearing from the supervisor with "We can't give you a raise, though you did well and deservingly, but unfortunately......we gave "Sam" and "Becky" raises already." You good with that?

kskboys

Reaction score
Very dramatic. Kudos! Now to simplify with an analogy for you and I on a job......How about hearing from the supervisor with "We can't give you a raise, though you did well and deservingly, but unfortunately......we gave "Sam" and "Becky" raises already." You good with that?
They are offering him a monstrous raise. How did you miss that?

kskboys

Reaction score
Players are just extensions of their agents. ATP I’d let Dak walk and let Ceedee hold out all he wants. Franchise tag Ceedee next season and get the message across that this front office isn’t soft.
Yup. If they really want to fix this mess, gotta start somewhere. Best way is to let him lose a little cash(or a lot). The way we've been doing it is absolutley not working.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dear Micah......as predicted, as your rookie contract winds down, the Board Capologists and the pocket watchers will surface, more & more, to call you greedy, ungrateful, and undeserving. You're next.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Market value.....is the operative language. How did you miss that?
The NFL is a game, with rules to sustain a competitive equalibrium. He knew that when he signed his contract. He's making 17 mil this year if he plays. And if they tag him next year, he'll get north of 28 mil. Them's the rules.
If players dont like it then negotiate better terms with the Players Association.
The only leverage he has is to tell Jerry that when his contract is up that he will not consider signing with the Cowboys.
I personally wouldnt pay him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dear Micah......as predicted, as your rookie contract winds down, the Board Capologists and the pocket watchers will surface, more & more, to call you greedy, ungrateful, and undeserving. You're next.
Yeah that's not what's happening here maybe you ought to understand what people are discussing here in the adult world this isn't about somebody getting all their way demanding money and won't come off it demanding record amounts of money and won't compromise will get you called greedy that's what the adult tables talking about not that lamb should never have held held out I get why he held out I get why he demanded to be paid as much or more than just a Jefferson but at some point you have to be more like a guy like Trayvon diggs his contract was easy he was paid top five money like most players deserve when they're stars and now he's still 5th but his money was 4th when he signed he didn't demand to be the highest paid non quarterback in the league that will get you called greedy if you won't come off it...

These players have every right when they come to the negotiating table to demand the most money possible but at some point the agents and players have to come to the middle of the table with the adults because this is not ego stroking this is a hard capped league and we need to try to find a way to put all these stars on the same team when the contracts are run out almost at the same time you will get called greedy yeah when you already make $17 million one $1,000,000 a game and you just decide not to show up even though Prescott who has no contract at all shows up and he's a leader when guys like Trayvon diggs take a very fair contract a big life changing contract without making a big deal about being the highest paid player at the position just wanted respect respect is what the Dallas Cowboys front office has offered CD lamb and he spit in their face regardless of the reasons or the language or the details some of us are tired of it the man was offered a fair deal and him and his agent are playing hardball you're allowed to do that at the beginning without getting blowback from me but now the seasons ahead you're already under contract you decided to hold out your demands have been made the Cowboys met you in the middle and you're spitting in their face means you're spitting in my face therefore now I'm gonna call you greedy yes yes he's being greedy...

Now what are you gonna do about it? I'm calling the man greedy because of the statements made above. If you're unwilling to compromise and you need your ego stroked and you're turning down fair deals you're greedy it's not like he's greedy because he asked for the money or because he held out he's greedy for not compromising there is a level at which you have to concede something in negotiations and he's not conceding anything...

Say this because right now the top five money they're average for the best wide receivers in the league is $31 million right now tyree kill took 30 three years fully guaranteed $90 million he's arguably the best wide receiver in the league but hey his own peer said he's the number one player in the NFL did he ask for Justin Jefferson money no DJ Moore is a pretty damn good wide receiver took 27.5 million and don't say he's not on city lambs level you put him on this team with this quarterback in this offense I bet he's pretty damn productive how about A.J. Brown he's at 32 you got a bunch of other ones at 30 so there's only one player making 35 million and it's not the Dallas Cowboys fault that the Minnesota Vikings overpaid for Justin Jefferson he's an outlier an anomaly just like deshaun Watson's 230 million fully guaranteed contract never stuck it was not passed on to the next two or three contracts..

So $33 million or just under would be more than A.J. Brown it make you the second highest paid wide receiver it'd be way above the league wide receiver average for top five I would say that's very fair and the fact that he spit it back like it was nothing has me now saying the man is greedy.. I would trade straight up right now CD lamb for DJ Moore given their contracts and then find out with DJ Moores team pay CD Lam 35,000,000 would they do that deal no they wouldn't it's rhetorical why would they? Having a highly productive starting wide receiver is what all the top five wide receivers are and will do for their teams they don't need to be paid 35 million to do it..