Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My only guess is that it is because of something outside of the money, such as no-trade or no-franchise-tag clauses though it could be contract length as well.

Sure, Lamb could be asking for too much or the Cowboys could be offering too little, but with a cap of $255 that is likely to increase in the coming years, it's hard to believe the hold-up is $1-3 million per year.
doesnt help that the clown is in the media tough talking CD, im not sure why he thinks that helps..he is an idiot...

Adreme

Reaction score
Trade cd would be smart move I need young wr plus your 1st and 2nd
You arent getting that. You are maybe getting a 1st and a 3rd and that is it. Maybe a desperate team offers a 1 and 2 but no one is offering a 1 and a 2 and a player. Hill was generally considered the best WR in the league (still is unquestionably top 2 if not outright 1) and he got a 1 a 2 and some late round picks. Better comp would be when AJ Brown was traded for a 1st round pick and just a 1st round pick who ended up being a sub par replacement..

Chasing6

Reaction score
the sad part of this is the old fool still thinks going to the media is the best way to solve this...still he learns nothing from 28 years of failure...
CD most likely will cave. In this scenario Jerry has all the leverage. Only other option for CD is to demand a trade.

Sydla

Reaction score
But why give 3 Market Setting Contracts to the same players who cant and dont and have not produced in the playoffs....Players had their chance to shine..and show they had what it takes......just not some regular season hero's. You want to be the best....prove it when it matters.....DAK, Lamb McCarthy and Parsons failed Jerry Jones and this Cowboys Team. I was there, I saw it first hand and left in disgust......... do you remember Lamb pouting on the sidelines in the GB playoff loss.....it took McCarthy to come over and console him to get his head back in the game......and HECK YEAH....add McCarthy to the list of prove it or move on coaches on the team...... DAK, LAMB, PARSON and McCarthy have not proven 1 darn thing to deserve market setting contracts.... it's a PROVE IT YEAR
Jerry Jones failed his team more than the other way around. It's amazing that people still think it's other factors here despite players changing, coaches changing, etc. The one constant is the guy that you seemingly are supporting in these stupid contract battles.

And I can pretty much guarantee how this ends if Jerry literally tells Lamb and Parsons to earn it on the field the next year or two............. he's going to create a horrible team environment and he's going to cause bad blood. Those guys will bail the first chance they get as they will dare Jerry to franchise tag them for HUGE one year cap hits. And if Jerry does it, they'll just play out that year and then hit FA in their primes and find better organizations to play for.

This is cutting your nose off in spite of your face logic. Lamb was arguably the best WR in football. He and the rest of the team got boat raced in January. I am not surprised Lamb was pissed and emotional on the sidelines. But to use that one game to throw down the gauntlet and say sorry, I ain't paying you anything until you win in the postseason? LOL.

We see this time and time again with Jerry. And the worst part? At the end of the day he'll probably sign Lamb, he'll be a Top 2 or 3 paid WR and Jerry's little battle will have amounted to nothing other than to make him look like a dipwad, again.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Jerry Jones failed his team more than the other way around. It's amazing that people still think it's other factors here despite players changing, coaches changing, etc. The one constant is the guy that you seemingly are supporting in these stupid contract battles.

And I can pretty much guarantee how this ends if Jerry literally tells Lamb and Parsons to earn it on the field the next year or two............. he's going to create a horrible team environment and he's going to cause bad blood. Those guys will bail the first chance they get as they will dare Jerry to franchise tag them for HUGE one year cap hits. And if Jerry does it, they'll just play out that year and then hit FA in their primes and find better organizations to play for.

This is cutting your nose off in spite of your face logic. Lamb was arguably the best WR in football. He and the rest of the team got boat raced in January. I am not surprised Lamb was pissed and emotional on the sidelines. But to use that one game to throw down the gauntlet and say sorry, I ain't paying you anything until you win in the postseason? LOL.

We see this time and time again with Jerry. And the worst part? At the end of the day he'll probably sign Lamb, he'll be a Top 2 or 3 paid WR and Jerry's little battle will have amounted to nothing other than to make him look like a dipwad, again.
I aint no Jerry Jones fan....but as a Cowboys Fan, I am DISGUSTED by the play of DAK, CD and Parsons in big games.....Tired of the regular season Hero BS....and running up the stats against under 500 teams.....only to fall flat in the playoffs..... Is Jerry PO'd about the playoff lose....I hope like...H*** he is and the players as well..... I am still stuck,,, on how McCarthy, DAK,, CD and Parsons put on an embarrassing performance in the playoffs and now DEMAND market setting contracts.....and DAK even told the fans to move on....***... I no in the end CD is gonna get paid...but I hope the big 3 feel the pain....and no.... the fans are PO'd and NOT moving on..... Make them play out the last year of their contract and show they deserve the big money.....if DAK leaves so be it.... CD aint leaving cause he can be franchised,,,Micah has 2 yrs left.....and like I said in an early post....I hope the Jones are setting this team up to TANK...and go get a young QB.....its time.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
They could consider a deal like Philly gave to Tennessee for AJ Brown if one came up. Philly then signed Brown to a contract. It can happen. I think Tenn got #18 and #101 picks for Brown.
I guess, just seems like a steep price considering he needs an immediate contract, ur right though, It can be done.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
CD most likely will cave. In this scenario Jerry has all the leverage. Only other option for CD is to demand a trade.
CD is young, he could sit a year and be fine i think, but yeah Jerry does have leverage here with a contract in place...how bad does CD want out of this circus will determine wether he caves or not.

Chasing6

Reaction score
CD is young, he could sit a year and be fine i think, but yeah Jerry does have leverage here with a contract in place...how bad does CD want out of this circus will determine wether he caves or not.
He would be sitting for 2 years with the tag next year. No way he sits 2 years and loses $45M and does not play in his prime. What type of contract would he get after sitting for 2 years?

CD does not get his fines waived without a new contract this year. He is already down over $1.5M. The urgency is all on CD and his Agent and Jerry knows it. Plus he has to set an example for what will be coming next year with Micah and he is watching closely.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

100%

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He would be sitting for 2 years with the tag next year. No way he sits 2 years and loses $45M and does not play in his prime. What type of contract would he get after sitting for 2 years?

CD does not get his fines waived without a new contract this year. He is already down over $1.5M. The urgency is all on CD and his Agent and Jerry knows it. Plus he has to set an example for what will be coming next year with Micah and he is watching closely.
They would probably trade him after 1 year because it would be a mess.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Not if CeeDee reports and gets a lingering injury that keeps him off the field this year.
He gets paid
He gets credit for the year
You going to risk feanchising that guy? He can pull the same thing next year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to understand why a team owner/GM would do that when there is no benefit to stating it publicly beyond making yourself look bad.
Jerry also stated during that interview, that he went to HS and College, and was not sure why he was saying that lol.

If Jerry had his own late night talk show ala jimmy kimmel, I would watch, because it would be really funny.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lambs reply was a tweet that said LOL, thats it.

Oh and also breaking news ! Lamb wont be playing game 1 of pre season lol.
I saw that somewhere, and thought, well he wouldnt be playing in PS in any event.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I aint no Jerry Jones fan....but as a Cowboys Fan, I am DISGUSTED by the play of DAK, CD and Parsons in big games.....Tired of the regular season Hero BS....and running up the stats against under 500 teams.....only to fall flat in the playoffs..... Is Jerry PO'd about the playoff lose....I hope like...H*** he is and the players as well..... I am still stuck,,, on how McCarthy, DAK,, CD and Parsons put on an embarrassing performance in the playoffs and now DEMAND market setting contracts.....and DAK even told the fans to move on....***... I no in the end CD is gonna get paid...but I hope the big 3 feel the pain....and no.... the fans are PO'd and NOT moving on..... Make them play out the last year of their contract and show they deserve the big money.....if DAK leaves so be it.... CD aint leaving cause he can be franchised,,,Micah has 2 yrs left.....and like I said in an early post....I hope the Jones are setting this team up to TANK...and go get a young QB.....its time.
since 1996 the Jets have 7 playoff wins and 3 afcccg's whats this FO done?
.I hope the Jones are setting this team up to TANK...and go get a young QB.....its time.
Just a QB away for 28 years and counting....

Sydla

Reaction score
I am disappointed in their play too but it's one game, at least when it comes to Lamb. Dak has had a few of these types of performances. Lamb was emotional while the team was getting run off the field in their own stadium. I get it. I won't take that one instance and suddenly think the kid is a choker, diva, pampered baby who needs tough love and their owner telling him to go poop in a hat and play harder if he wants a new deal.

That's just dumb and Jerry is doing nothing here but potentially cause more problems down the road. Hey, if you want to play hardball with Lamb and Parsons. Great. Do it like most GMs do it - in silence. For Jerry to go publicly with this was downright moronic.

You make Parsons and Lamb play out their last year, they are done in Dallas. They will demand trades and the other players won't side with Jerry here thus creating a bigger issue. And Jerry can tag them once but if he tries it again it will cost him massive cap hits which we know he chokes on. Further, you don't think agents and other players won't see what Jerry is doing? Forcing star players who have been great players for you to play out their last year results in nothing good. Nothing at all. There's a reason most other teams get these extensions done with guys they like long before that last year.

Sydla

Reaction score
PS - If Jerry is not signing Lamb and others as part of a tank, then he royally screwed this up. Why then let Lamb and Parsons and others play out there deals and walk for just comp picks? If the goal is to tank, they should have and be active in looking to move some of their bigger name players for picks.