Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

stiletto

Reaction score
I was not discussing the Salary crap ....... just that "Jerry fans" take on players greed.
There's VERY FEW Jerry fans. Only people that work for him and get a paycheck are his fans. Problem is, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Neither is Corky his son.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can't discuss contracts without considering the salary cap. Jerry being worth 14B is irrelevant to whether Lamb is asking for too much
Jeebus ...... I was not discussing contracts ........ I was discussing how that poster always calls players greedy while worshiping the ground Jerry walks on.

My take on the Salary cap is it does not matter how tight we are or how much we have to spend because Jerry will not do anything with a good cap situation anyway.

He did nothing to fix the defense when we had Dak and prime Zeke on their rookie contracts.

He did nothing about the defense or the running game while Lamb and Micah were on their rookie contacts last year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The FACT remains Ceedee is going to get a contract extension, it's a foregone conclusion so why not have your butt in camp, Dak isn't holding out, he's in camp, he's on the last year of his deal, Ceedee still has two years left, this year and a franchsie tag next year...so you know what's Dumb, NOT BEING IN CAMP when you're already under contract...and the fact if he doesn't get a contract extension, do you think he's going to hold out and miss the start of the season... NOPE, why because then he loses game checks, and he's not going to risk that!!
Well he is making less than $1.5M per game and he has already lost that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeebus ...... I was not discussing contracts ........ I was discussing how that poster always calls players greedy while worshiping the ground Jerry walks on.

My take on the Salary cap is it does not matter how tight we are or how much we have to spend because Jerry will not do anything with a good cap situation anyway.

He did nothing to fix the defense when we had Dak and prime Zeke on their rookie contracts.

He did nothing about the defense or the running game while Lamb and Micah were on their rookie contacts last year.
You responded to a comment about Lamb being greedy in his contract demands, so that was the context.

If you were commenting outside that context then your comment was even more irrelevant to the comment you responded to.

And your last couple of sentences in this post are irrelevant to my comments. I didn't in any way suggest Jerry has done a great job fixing all problem areas

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You responded to a comment about Lamb being greedy in his contract demands, so that was the context.
No because the guy I was responding to always assumes the player is being greedy .......

And if you do not want to hear that then stop quoting and responding to me.

I can assume you took offense to something I said ........ and you can assume that I do not care.

Have a nice day.

Chasing6

Reaction score
KC has the best QB in football and arguably the best coach.

They can afford to skimp at WR. So if you want to move on from Lamb because of cost, great. Tell me how we then get our Mahomes and Reid.
It is because their defense gave up 14.6 points a game last season. Not difficult to score 15 points a game.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm not one to defend Jerry AT ALL but it would be a different plan if he stopped ultimately bending the knee to these bed-wetting players. Hasn't gotten this franchise very far the last 3 decades. I understand we need good players but it's kind of been an "Inmate's running the asylum" thing. Might be good if that stops happening a little bit even though we know Jerry will probably screw it up either way.
Two things can be true: Jerry is an idiot but he may also have a point in this instance. That GB game should give EVERYONE pause about investing in this team. That was evidence of ROT...no bueno.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No because the guy I was responding to always assumes the player is being greedy .......

And if you do not want to hear that then stop quoting and responding to me.

I can assume you took offense to something I said ........ and you can assume that I do not care.

Have a nice day.
So, you think the guy was talking about Lamb being greedy about something other than his contractual demands? Come on ... I know you realize it was.

I was just saying (correctly) that Jerry's net worth was an irrelevant response to a comment about Lamb's contractual demands.

You can't keep responding outside the context of the comment you specifically respond to and pretend it applies.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, you think the guy was talking about Lamb being greedy about something other than his contractual demands?
What the hell are you talking about? AC said that the player was being greedy when he has no idea what has been offered or anything.

I was making fun of him for always being on Jerry's side no matter what.

That's it ....... I was not having a discussion about the salary cap ...... why do you not get that?

Reactions: CWR

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I simply do not understand why this front office will not just sign Lamb already. There is quite literally ZERO reason not to.

He has basically been a model citizen since being in Dallas and has been an All-Pro on the field. He's young and hasn't even entered his prime playing years yet, just get it done Jones Boys.

The fact that this is the type of contract they drag their feet on while jumping out of their seats to extend the likes of Jaylon Smith and Zeke Elliot early is absolutely maddening.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is stupid. It makes no sense for Jerry to put the team and CeeDee through this. Either he is going to pay him or he isn't. Maybe he is waiting to see if a top team loses a receiver to injury so they'll be willing to make a good offer for CeeDee.

CWR

Reaction score

For the millionth time, the Eagles have 350 million in void year money already spent and remained very active this off season.

Maybe it comes back to bite them, maybe they rebuild after a few years. Maybe they play it correctly with an ever increasing cap, but either way at least they take a shot.

I'm so sick of posters carrying Jerry's water about the cap. The numbers have been posted time and again. HES CHEAP!

You're 1000% correct, our cap situation doesn't matter because he refuses to he aggressive in FA.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So go ahead and encourage Micah to sit out next year by refunding all of CD's fines.
Name the last player that held out that didn't have their fines erased(Zeke had his fines erased).....Well, I'm hoping Micah is traded for three high draft picks...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
the sad part of this is the old fool still thinks going to the media is the best way to solve this...still he learns nothing from 28 years of failure...

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I simply do not understand why this front office will not just sign Lamb already. There is quite literally ZERO reason not to.

He has basically been a model citizen since being in Dallas and has been an All-Pro on the field. He's young and hasn't even entered his prime playing years yet, just get it done Jones Boys.

The fact that this is the type of contract they drag their feet on while jumping out of their seats to extend the likes of Jaylon Smith and Zeke Elliot early is absolutely maddening.
My only guess is that it is because of something outside of the money, such as no-trade or no-franchise-tag clauses though it could be contract length as well.

Sure, Lamb could be asking for too much or the Cowboys could be offering too little, but with a cap of $255 that is likely to increase in the coming years, it's hard to believe the hold-up is $1-3 million per year.