Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

visionary

Reaction score
The market is what the market is now for Lamb.

There is little doubt Jerry is holding out for Lamb to take less.
Im telling you that Jerry had already decided hes not signing Dak and looking to tank tge season without saying it

plymkr

Reaction score
You give him too much credit.
Lol, exactly. I’m assuming Jerry has a plan and isn’t living moment by moment. What’s wrong with me, it’s not like I have 27 years of Jerry’s way to look at and see he’s too incompetent to have a plan.

plymkr

Reaction score
Nobody is winning championships with just a WR1. It’s won with great defenses and or QB’s except for rare occasions.
If we lose him we better take that money and draft capital from a trade and invest in the trenches, specifically defensive line and run defense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Im telling you that Jerry had already decided hes not signing Dak and looking to tank tge season without saying it
And if that is his plan, he's a moron. Not about tanking the season but rather, wasting a season and depreciating the value of players he could have moved earlier to jump start a rebuild. Just letting guys' contracts expire is moronic. Shoot, if he really wanted to, he could have likely gotten something for Dak at the start of FA. Yeah he wouldn't have gotten a haul but likely more than some 3rd round comp pick if he just lets Dak walk.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we lose him we better take that money and draft capital from a trade and invest in the trenches, specifically defensive line and run defense.
I’m beginning to think if Lamb ends up playing on current contract he’s gone next year in FA and we get nothing .

And if he sits out entire year we get nothing when he goes in FA.

Jethro’s only option is to Cave . Tick tock…

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m beginning to think if Lamb ends up playing on current contract he’s gone next year in FA and we get nothing .

And if he sits out entire year we get nothing when he goes in FA.

Jethro’s only option is to Cave . Tick tock…
He could Franchise Tag him next year since Parsons would have another year on his rookie contract even if he holds out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What did he do when he had Zeke and Dak on their rookie contracts ?

What did he do when he had Lamb and Parsons on their rookie contracts?

I will tell you ........ same thing his stupid arse always does ........ not a damn thing except count his money.

So you just keep on defending the rich scumbag ......... hope it makes you feel good ........

Plus, CeeDee has put up the numbers. He should get paid like Jefferson. Or, Jerry should trade him and get as much as he can for him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He could Franchise Tag him next year since Parsons would have another year on his rookie contract even if he holds out.
Yep. And why he’d prob end up playing begrudgingly and choose to bolt in FA.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ceedee is UNDER contract already....
And?????

Most guys across the league, especially stars, tend to have their contracts negotiated at this point in their rookie deals. For one, teams like to get it done sooner rather than later for cap purposes, etc.

There's no logical defense here of Jerry. I mean even if you think he's simply quietly going on a rebuild, this is a dumb way of doing it.

NotForLong

Reaction score
1. Giving Dak the least possible talent around him to get their pound of flesh back.
2. Tanking (and all the moves show exactly that) to pick up some stud QB.
3. Yes folks were in a rebuild ................DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of that was their plan all along they should have traded CD. . . which may have caused a chain reaction where Dak would have requested a trade

They have no vision or plan

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yea , there’s no reason Lamb shouldn’t they paid.

And he will be. Just, with the way Jerry seems hellbent on pissing off his key players, will probably be with another team. Jerry really should just trade him at this point. He's just pissing off Lamb at this point.