Lance: 5th Year Option Declined

Chasing6

Reaction score
TL will sign for anything just to stay in the NFL and compete for a QB job because teams aren't lining up to sign this kid.
So he has given up on his dream to be a starting QB and will settle to be a back up?

Rayman70

Reaction score
it really means nothing. They could still decide later to do a deal with him if he shows alot of promise in preseason and camp.

Chasing6

Reaction score
it really means nothing. They could still decide later to do a deal with him if he shows alot of promise in preseason and camp.
4 years later after getting drafted, he has only shown less promise.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance took the QB1 job from JimmyG in 2022.
Why do you keep believing this? The job was given to him.

If he beat out Jimmy G, the Niners would have had no reason to sign Sam Darnold.

So you believe Purdy and Trance were both starting QB's and the Niners decided to bring in Sam Darnold for 1 year $4.5M for ***** and giggles?

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes, I will triple down on I told you so. I laughed at Niner fans for 2 plus years for making the dumbest draft day trade in NFL history.

Now I have to listen to Niner fans talk crap after GM Jethro's ignorance.
I live in Northern California. Niners fans talk crap about all of the other 31 NFL franchises, with equal enthusiasm!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Absolutely no way they tag him. The tag on a QB just this year is $38 million. For a guy who has never started a game?
The only way he might get tagged is if Dak got hurt, suspended or something else happened which gave Lance an opportunity for extended playing time and he did very well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Question: Does $25M sound cheap for a starting QB in the NFL?

Answer: Yes, it absolutely does.

Question: Why did they not pick up Trance's 5th year?

Answer: He is not a starting caliber QB.

END OF STORY.

leeblair

Reaction score
Hmmm… rebuild?
And the indicator for this is that they didn’t pick up the 5th year option on a player that there was never a chance of them picking up!
No, the indicator(s) are all over the place. Not extending McCarthy or Dak are good indicators.