Lance: 5th Year Option Declined

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe the plan is to keep him on the bench all year if we can help it so that Lance has nearly no leverage at the negotiating table when signing a new deal.

If he never has played and is still a largely unknown commodity, Dallas may be able to retain him for much cheaper than if he had shown some stuff in a few regular season games.
He is an unknown commodity to you.

The Niners new exactly who he was and punted on 2nd down.

If the Cowboys after a year with Trance, still have no idea who he is, they are more incompetent than any of us could have imagined.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering he never won the starting job to begin with. It was given to him by default due to his draft position

Now we will see if GM Jethro makes the same mistake with QB2.

Because we all now this will not be a McCarthy decision.
Man you really hate this kid....very weird. Irrational.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Niners new exactly who he was and punted on 2nd down.

If the Cowboys after a year with Trance, still have no idea who he is, they are more incompetent than any of us could have imagined.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not at all. He was RB in HS. His HS coach said he thought he was a RB coming out of HS.

When he went to college camps as a QB, he came out listed as an Athlete. He had offers to play defense. No offers to play QB.

He only played 1 year in College an he ran for 1,100 yards. He is not a QB.

He has like 400 completions in his entire career including HS, College and the NFL over the last 10 years.

Sorry that is not an NFL starting QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's fine folks, he's really not that great an athlete at QB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. He was RB in HS. His HS coach said he thought he was a RB coming out of HS.

When he went to college camps as a QB, he came out listed as an Athlete. He had offers to play defense. No offers to play QB.

He only played 1 year in College an he ran for 1,100 yards. He is not a QB.

He has like 400 completions in his entire career including HS, College and the NFL over the last 10 years.

Sorry that is not an NFL starting QB.
Nothing in the last year and a half, eh?

You really keep to to date! The very latest hi tech info i tell ya.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nothing in the last year and a half, eh?

You really keep to to date! The very latest hi tech info i tell ya.
No, nothing in the last year and a half. Holding a clip board does not translate. He did not even lead our Scout Team offense.

pete026

Reaction score
good write up. good post. I get what you're saying. But here's my take: I'm not paying a guy 55 million a year or whatever it is, when it comes with the caveat...now he can't win without a great defense and good running game. Screw that. I'll bring in 2 veterans that are looking to hang on in the league and will sign for 7 or 8 mill a year. And have one young guy to develop. I'll have about 20 mill tied up in QBs and I will take my chances with the great defense and good running game that Dak needs as well at 55 mill. No thanks.
I'm not claiming anything about what Dak can or can't do, however, you changed what Bob said..... he said Dak would need a great run game OR a great defense. You changed his OR to an AND.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
No, nothing in the last year and a half. Holding a clip board does not translate. He did not even lead our Scout Team offense.
Has he had a full training camp with the Cowboys yet? Has he played any preseason games yet?

Have you seen him working out this off season? Have you talked to his coaches? Please tell us more about him since you seem to know all about him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
good write up. good post. I get what you're saying. But here's my take: I'm not paying a guy 55 million a year or whatever it is, when it comes with the caveat...now he can't win without a great defense and good running game. Screw that. I'll bring in 2 veterans that are looking to hang on in the league and will sign for 7 or 8 mill a year. And have one young guy to develop. I'll have about 20 mill tied up in QBs and I will take my chances with the great defense and good running game that Dak needs as well at 55 mill. No thanks.
No QB can win without a decent run game and a good defense. Wake up already.

Did Boy Winder Aikman do that??? No he did not.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
No QB can win without a decent run game and a good defense. Wake up already.

Did Boy Winder Aikman do that??? No he did not.
Oh, now we are dissing Aikman? Boy Wonder? That tells the forum all about you.

By the way, what is a Winder?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let it play out and cheer him on. It doesnt nean you have "hate" dak.

Im guessing you double down for the told ya so's. Nobody cares when they get it wrong.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Let it play out and cheer him on. It doesnt nean you have "hate" dak.

Im guessing you double down for the told ya so's. Nobody cares when they get it wrong.
Yes, I will triple down on I told you so. I laughed at Niner fans for 2 plus years for making the dumbest draft day trade in NFL history.

Now I have to listen to Niner fans talk crap after GM Jethro's ignorance.

exciter

Reaction score
The Cowboys seem to be preparing for a complete rebuild.
Hmmm… rebuild?
And the indicator for this is that they didn’t pick up the 5th year option on a player that there was never a chance of them picking up!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I will triple down on I told you so. I laughed at Niner fans for 2 plus years for making the dumbest draft day trade in NFL history.

Now I have to listen to Niner fans talk crap after GM Jethro's ignorance.
Alright. Im not a fan who roots against cowboys but have at it.

Wait...on 2nd thought...jaylon smith. I wasnt proud of it like you are though. Watcing that guy limp around others peoples tackles was painful. :laugh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure makes the trade seem stupid.
It doesn't necessarily mean Lance won't be back after this season, it just means they want him to prove he is worth paying for more than this season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Try to focus on the advantages we enjoy as fans given the structure of the front office.

Jerry himself said this in a boastful manner…..if Jerry the GM had to take the time to call Jerry the owner to get the trade approved, the deal may not have happened.

The going rate for these former top five QB busts is a sixth and you get back a seventh.

GM Jerry gave up a straight fourth. I’m fairly certain they would have waited a few extra minutes, but he was extra proud of that one.