Lance is not the answer; Dak is gone, too old, too much to overcome; Rush is meh

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
if dallas does not sign dak we're looking at 2+ years at minimum with a bottom of the barrel QB unless they break tendancy and spend on a FA qb.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Lance looks the way he always has. Great athlete with a live arm who is not making the throws or reads he needs to be making.

Prescott’s replacement will be drafted.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I love the way armchair QB's, many of whom have never played are bashing a QB after watching him in ONLY one preseason game. Absolutely ridiculous.

It isn’t one preseason game. The is Lance’s 4th season in the NFL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if dallas does not sign dak we're looking at 2+ years at minimum with a bottom of the barrel QB unless they break tendancy and spend on a FA qb.
2 years? No, they will have Lance, he will be improved. If they resign him though.
Most likely will draft a QB if one is available.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just one preseason game? or multiple actual games and multiple pre-season games. mind you he is in year 4 in the NFL...yet he has a fandom for some reason. not sure why. but he does.
I believe he played in 8 NFL games and started in 4 of those. Is that not correct? Remember, he's been injured a couple times.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving rush a chance he is better than any fa you bring in

Mark

Reaction score
I'm onboard with blowing this team up and starting over. I sat through Troy's 1-15 rookie season. The Cowboys are in an absolutely untenable position, held hostage by Dak - and to a lesser extent by Parsons & Lamb.

What would it look like if they were all traded for future draft picks?

Alas, the concept of delayed gratification is not a thing in 21st-century Dallas. Which is odd, because demolition & rebuild is exactly how a much-younger Jerry Jones built the sort of team he so craves today.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
why? explain why?
You’re just a rambling incoherent fan who hasn’t even seen this team play and yet wants to blow it all up after seeing Lance play. It’s entertaining because it’s so out there. You’re entitled to your opinion though and I‘m entitled to say you’re over the top. Next you’ll be on board with that other dudes “Everyone gets the same salary” ridiculousness. Why this post now?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

Rush is what he is. a reliable back up, not a difference maker.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
This was Treys first game for us.

Many of us liked what we saw.

Tons of video on the kid.

shabazz

Reaction score
I do not think Dak is the next 4 or 5 year guy at QB. But if extended not going to have a melt down. Means they best get great players around him somehow. Definitely higher than 20, I say top 12.

Rish is not the guy either, you are correct. However there are some on here that tout his 5-1 record as being as good as Dak. Which he is no where close.

we have no idea about Trey if he can develop into a starter or not. Or if he can be elite or not.

But they are decent at evaluating talent, or at least to go by what McClay puts in front of them. Hence, 12-5 and playoffs the past 3 seasons.
Their issue is They refuse to address certain areas. For a long time it was Safety, and still DT. Last year draft at RB.
However they have not addressed QB since 1989. That is the biggest issue.
1. Cant get great players around Dak with him, Parsons and Lamb possibly being the highest paid at their positions.....so that's not happening

2. I'd like to see Rush in an actual playoff game before proclaiming him DOA.

3. I'm inclined to believe a guru like Shanahan in reference to Trey Lance but he got a few more preseason games to show something positive?

4. Amen to them neglecting to draft a quality qb BEFORE they need one

Mikexike

Reaction score
A lot of people don't understand its 4 incomplete years due to injuries... Now if it was 4 full seasons where he started every game, I don't believe anyone would need to see more from him.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of people don't understand its 4 incomplete years due to injuries... Now if it was 4 full seasons where he started every game, I don't believe anyone would need to see more from him.
Apparently, it's cool to bash a young player before doing any research.

Shabazz, your comment below makes a lot of sense, but I'm hoping SF ran out of time with this player due to injuries. Time will tell.

"I'm inclined to believe a guru like Shanahan in reference to Trey Lance but he got a few more preseason games to show something positive?"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The answer to what ? A Super Bowl??

How many teams have the answer to a Super Bowl on their roster??