Lance is not the answer; Dak is gone, too old, too much to overcome; Rush is meh

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
As long as Jerry is here...What does any of this matter????? Drama every season by him. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just doing this to keep his name and the teams in the news. What a complete idiot!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

Rush is what he is. a reliable back up, not a difference maker.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
30 years old ....and yet he was 2nd in the entire NFL in league MVP voting in 2023.... doesn't play old to me.

quickccc

Reaction score
I do not think Dak is the next 4 or 5 year guy at QB. But if extended not going to have a melt down. Means they best get great players around him somehow. Definitely higher than 20, I say top 12.

Rish is not the guy either, you are correct. However there are some on here that tout his 5-1 record as being as good as Dak. Which he is no where close.

we have no idea about Trey if he can develop into a starter or not. Or if he can be elite or not.

But they are decent at evaluating talent, or at least to go by what McClay puts in front of them. Hence, 12-5 and playoffs the past 3 seasons.
Their issue is They refuse to address certain areas. For a long time it was Safety, and still DT. Last year draft at RB.
However they have not addressed QB since 1989. That is the biggest issue.
Heck ... We dunno if Trey Lance can even develop into even a decent, reliable backup.. or not, :rolleyes:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heck ... We dunno if Trey Lance can even develop into even a decent, reliable backup.. or not, :rolleyes:
Well, if you want to play we dunno's, we dunno if Dak can develop into a successful, playoff winning QB. I mean, come on!

Trey Lance didn't play so poorly there's no hope for him. Let's give the guy a chance.

quickccc

Reaction score
Well, if you want to play we dunno's, we dunno if Dak can develop into a successful, playoff winning QB. I mean, come on!

Trey Lance didn't play so poorly there's no hope for him. Let's give the guy a chance.
i'm not banking Lance's future off one preseason game ..but more so his career totality.
and he's been tutored under a well known QB guru and schemer in Shanahan.. and he's still showing what we
see is what we gonna get t

I'll play we dunno, when we've explored every ample path to giving all we've got to surround Dak playoff hopes.
and we have not done that in either the RB area ,,, nor the defense ..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
30 years old ....and yet he was 2nd in the entire NFL in league MVP voting in 2023.... doesn't play old to me.
But at this point you have to start to think replacement..specially that there is no contract in place. Jerry has screwed things up royally

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don’t understand how these fans approach their fan hood because it seems like perpetual misery.
You can be a fan and a realist at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive events.

This team is not going to be playing in the SB this year, I am 99.9% certain of that fact and yet I can still root for the team.

I have a friend from UT that is a huge New Orleans Pelicans fan, he is like die hard paint his face type of fan but he as well realizes that there is a 99.9% chance they will not be playing for the NBA trophy next year.

Being a fan doesnt mean you are a blind homer, you can have very realistic expectations and still root for the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell, the next SB winning QB for the Dallas Cowboys....................his parents have not even been born yet:laugh:
Football may not be around by that time. It will evolve into something totally different.
Like AI cyber Madden games type of thing. No injuries, unless AI can figure that part out.

However, the AI refs will still screw us over. :muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again, I don’t know because I haven’t seen them play yet. No one has. There’s new players and new coaching. Don’t quit so easy.
I haven't quit. I am just not having high hopes for this season and being realistic. stating some facts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he has had 4 years of chances...he is what he is. just like you said the same thing about Dak. why cling so hard to Lance?

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
yeah were def getting ourselves in a terrible corner

All three QBs can be gone soon, i sure as hell am not paying Lance, worst case Rush can at least drive the bus for cheapish, but im not sure i wanna pay Dak market rate even though hes better than the other two.

But us not drafting any kind of QB in the 1st round is gonna bite us, again, we got lucky with Romo and Dak and i dont think our luck is gonna keep finding those guys late or undrafted.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he has had 4 years of chances...he is what he is. just like you said the same thing about Dak. why cling so hard to Lance?
Please remember he's been hurt a couple times. And I'm not "clinging" to Lance, I'm excited about a young player and POSSIBLY a future starter. Why are you so opposed? Why not give him time to develop with this team?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

Rush is what he is. a reliable back up, not a difference maker.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
You must love losing seasons.
If you hate 3 seasons of 12-5 with a playoff game, how are you going to feel with 3 seasons of 5-12 and the season over in October?

quickccc

Reaction score
But at this point you have to start to think replacement..specially that there is no contract in place. Jerry has screwed things up royally
Dak is not 40 yrs old....this is the 40 age of rodgers brees or brady....and you dont see a fading noodle arm, .or a QB thats a immobile cement ...so why you want to start replacement thinking wth a 2nd runner up league MVP???...

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeh, you be forced to have to do the post prescott eplacement ...and what would be super silly is we didn't have to lose a dak who wanted to be here conditionally.