Lance is not the answer; Dak is gone, too old, too much to overcome; Rush is meh

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
The Trey Lance crowd ALMOST had something to crow about Sunday. Their guy outperformed the Rams #3/4 guy at QB. I could just hear the chant now: "Our #3 is better than your." It was that way for most of the game.

But, alas, their guy rose to the occasion at the end of the game and took the Rams on a game winning drive capped by a TD pass. Darn him!!! Perhaps the Trey crowd will be happy after the Raider game Saturday. Surely there is a #3 QB somewhere in the league that is not better than Trey.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re just a rambling incoherent fan who hasn’t even seen this team play and yet wants to blow it all up after seeing Lance play. It’s entertaining because it’s so out there. You’re entitled to your opinion though and I‘m entitled to say you’re over the top. Next you’ll be on board with that other dudes “Everyone gets the same salary” ridiculousness. Why this post now?
I have seen this team play with better personnel.last year and they got blown out in playoffs. they struggled. now, lesser RB, lesser OL, lesser DTs, WR1 missing. coaches on one year deals. how do you think its going to work out. I get it that you are the ultimate positive feel good type of person, but there is also reality.

why am I over the top? we have zero QBs under contract for 25. Dak is 31. Lance ain't cutting it and Rush is 31 and a back up. the prognostics ain't looking good.

its just that we need to start to look into the future, even if Dak is part of it for next two years perhaps. there needs to be a transition and I don't see a plan. just a random year to year filling of the roster by an incompetent GM.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This was Treys first game for us.

Many of us liked what we saw.

Tons of video on the kid.
many liked him. many didn't facts are it was a meh performance. for a player who is in his 4th year in the league...yeah yeah yeah, he was injured blah blah blah...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A lot of people don't understand its 4 incomplete years due to injuries... Now if it was 4 full seasons where he started every game, I don't believe anyone would need to see more from him.
but still 4 years. with actual time spend studying NFL games, with actual time spend practicing. 4 seasons of being coached by some of the best in football, yet, hey give the kid a break. he has had it tough!!

as the #3 overall pick he ain't got it.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Not a strong class but I think Deion will probably convince Jerry to trade up and do whatever to get his son Shadeur. Just an opinion

SDCowboy

Reaction score
How is Dak too old? He's 31. That's barely entering his prime.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have seen this team play with better personnel.last year and they got blown out in playoffs. they struggled. now, lesser RB, lesser OL, lesser DTs, WR1 missing. coaches on one year deals. how do you think its going to work out. I get it that you are the ultimate positive feel good type of person, but there is also reality.

why am I over the top? we have zero QBs under contract for 25. Dak is 31. Lance ain't cutting it and Rush is 31 and a back up. the prognostics ain't looking good.

its just that we need to start to look into the future, even if Dak is part of it for next two years perhaps. there needs to be a transition and I don't see a plan. just a random year to year filling of the roster by an incompetent GM.
No, you haven’t seen this team play and you’re writing off the season. Sorry but that’s funny.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I love the way armchair QB's, many of whom have never played are bashing a QB after watching him in ONLY one preseason game. Absolutely ridiculous.
If it’s OK to praise Guyton’s efforts in a preseason game, it’s fair to criticize another player.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Trey Lance crowd ALMOST had something to crow about Sunday. Their guy outperformed the Rams #3/4 guy at QB. I could just hear the chant now: "Our #3 is better than your." It was that way for most of the game.

But, alas, their guy rose to the occasion at the end of the game and took the Rams on a game winning drive capped by a TD pass. Darn him!!! Perhaps the Trey crowd will be happy after the Raider game Saturday. Surely there is a #3 QB somewhere in the league that is not better than Trey.
I think it's the Cowboys crowd who almost had something to crow about, no? He's a young Cowboys player who deserves our support. Don't worry, your Dak will most likely get his deal and you'll have nothing to worry about. The rest of us can support the Cowboys as a team

coult44

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

Rush is what he is. a reliable back up, not a difference maker.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
Just because I’m bored, in the last 57 years 28 Super Bowl champion quarterbacks have been 30 or above. Crazy isn’t it? I didn’t know you couldn’t win the Super Bowl if you were over 30..

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because I’m bored, in the last 57 years 28 Super Bowl champion quarterbacks have been 30 or above. Crazy isn’t it? I didn’t know you couldn’t win the Super Bowl if you were over 30..
If you do the math, that's less than half. And that's coming from a 70-year-old

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
I think it's the Cowboys crowd who almost had something to crow about, no? He's a young Cowboys player who deserves our support. Don't worry, your Dak will most likely get his deal and you'll have nothing to worry about. The rest of us can support the Cowboys as a team
I am not a Dak guy at all. I hope they do not extend him. I have posted that over and over again. I think there is confidence issues big time with him. I do not think his teammates have a lot of confidence in him. I do think Cowboy management lacks confidence in him or he would already have a big new contract. I know much of the fan base lack confidence in him. And I question if he himself lacks confidence when it comes to stepping up in the big games.

I am OK with Rush as a QB2. That is exactly what he is. Good enough for that but not good enough to be an NFL QB1.

I see nothing in Trey Lance that would lead anyone to believe that he has what it takes to earn a spot on an active NFL roster. He is a fourth year player that plays like a UFA camp arm guy.

IMO that next real winning Cowboy QB is not on the roster. I just do not see it. But as I posted above things change fast in the NFL. Hopefully within a couple of seasons we have a good one.

rambo2

Reaction score
its been painfully obvious Lance is not the answer. there are multiple threads defending his play, making excuses like he has been a victim, or it wasn't that bad or he needs more time and needs more work, blah blah blah...this for a top 3 pick in his 4th year in the league. those excuses are what you say about a 6th or 7th round rookie.

Dak is over 30. he will not have a chance to succeed in Dallas and time to go separate ways for the benefit of both.

Rush is what he is. a reliable back up, not a difference maker.

and we have zero QBs under contract for 2025. time to draft the next QB. perhaps having a really bad record is not the worst scenario this year. this team may very well fall apart when it hits a controversy which will happen in Cowboys land, during the season and they fall apart. questions are do we trade Lamb? and why not? SF is asking for 2 firsts for Aiyuk...lamb is certainly better. they may not get 2 1sts, but that's the starting asking price.

do we trade Parsons? why not? I am not high on him. he is not focused on football. is getting by with his physical ability and talks too much. not the type of leader we need in dallas. trade cook? for a mid round pick to a contender in the middle of the season? why not?

so who are the QBs coming out next year? I am not tuned into the college QB scene for 2024.
Dak is in his prime.