Lance Lenoir is another Patrick Crayton

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
*** are you talking about you made the statement about Romo needing players to make plays and he didnt make them better, not true, but Dak does..not a knock on hi as its the same thing you said about Romo..however at this stage room was so far superior a natural passer then Dak its not even close..so witten made room and the whole team better seriously I bet you ask Jason about Romo and he would say he would not have been as successful with out Romo and vice versa but no way did all those TDs to dez and To happen because of Witten.. all those nonames who came through and became one hit wonders and left to again be nobodys..it was Romo making them better, if tyo cant see that your hate for Romo is off the charts..so how is it Romos career numbers Eclipse Aikmans and all the othersas an UDFA? just happen stance he got lucky he had Witten, thats your explanation.. all QB have their favorite go to guy and can be called a security blanket..Daks looked to be Beasly for one year and thats gone an now not any of the offense seem productive now..I like Dak but I also Loved Romo and he gets way too much disrespect..

We will have to disagree. Witten was already a talented TE when he was drafted. He was Romo's security blanket all this years. Thus when teams try to take that away from Romo it gave single coverage to receivers.

Your giving too much credit to Romo and not credit to skill players like Witten or even Bryant. I can't imagine how Romo would have faired all these years without Witten. And there is a reason why Witten was hard to replace.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry, you dont need to offend me just because i have a different opinion then you. Good reason is enough to show your point.

And there are others like you who also gave the argument that WR were made by Romo. Once they left they were forgotten. Problem is thats not true. There was only 1 WR that had this career (Robinson). But there are others who had a better career after they left Dallas. Dwayne Harris for example who went to the Giants. Or they stayed the same when they left. You could also argue that there were players like Roy Wiliams who came here and suffered by playing with Romo. Cant remember all the others right now but i can look up a list for you i already posted here if you wish.

Second it is not true that Romo had to play without talent .In fact Romo had the luxury to be surrounded by superior talent all of his career. Most of the time he had a very good to dominant OL (Gurode & Co were very good in their prime) a great TE (Witten) and a true #1 WR (TO, Bryant etc..). Esoecually on the WR side he was overequipped most of his career. He also always had a very good running game to count on.

That is not true for Brady or Rodgers. Especially Rodgers. And also for Favre.

Last but not least i am.so tired to be titeled as a hater. First of all this comparison is just stupid. But it also shows the lack of education and ability to argue by words and good reason rather then empty phrases by the poster.
Harris really he did squat here and there as a WR he was 4th guy in both placed and excelled on ST..Im a uT fan but Roy Williams choked here because he was full of himself and what he was traded for, BTW one of the worst trades ever..he did out the work in and couldn't run routes..dropped everything..its ok be blind ..have your opinion..i have stats and facts to back mine up and if those 2 names is all you got, you have losing hand..bye felicia

blueblood70

Reaction score
We will have to disagree. Witten was already a talented TE when he was drafted. He was Romo's security blanket all this years. Thus when teams try to take that away from Romo it gave single coverage to receivers.

Your giving too much credit to Romo and not credit to skill players like Witten or even Bryant. I can't imagine how Romo would have faired all these years without Witten. And there is a reason why Witten was hard to replace.
Nope on Romo he deserves most of the Credit..Of course witten was great, in your line iof thinking no QB in history would get any credit as they all had Super stars as their security blanket..i can go to every HOF qb that lives and know who their go to guy was some had 2-3 but they all had at least one..they made each other better is all ill say but outside of one Great skilled player that will get a yellow jacket as opposed to all the talent and better coaches and GMs that Aikman and Staubach had , its no contest especially from small school UDFA..he should get more credit..

starcity214

Reaction score

I remember hearing that Romo and Gathers were tearing it up in practice after Romo came back from injury in 2016 but by all means , keep hating on the all time leading passer of America's team..

Alot of people don't give Romo enough credit for his brains and knowledge of the game and I'm sure that played a part in him helping out his skill players and giving them heads up on coverages..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like what I have seen from Lenoir. His first year, he showed a few things in PS games late, had speed. But he was a PS guy at best. Last year he improved. This year he has improved even more. Can push for a spot for sure.
However we have seen this many times. A TC / PS player shomes in TC. Looks as if he should make the team. But often does not.

I remember many players fitting this mold. So I will not get too hyped up at this point, nor until I see him in real games. Last year he was used a lot on PR is the PS games. And so far this year, but he is a gambler too. So it seems. And look at who he is going against. However, is he doing what he is supposed to be doing, which is more important to me than who is is doing it against at this point.

So I won’t tell others to tap the brakes, as I can see why they like,him and think what they do. I am however going to be not putting the foot on the pedal just yet but foot is not on the brakes either.

Let’s see how he does over the next few games.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I remember hearing that Romo and Gathers were tearing it up in practice after Romo came back from injury in 2016 but by all means , keep hating on the all time leading passer of America's team..

Alot of people don't give Romo enough credit for his brains and knowledge of the game and I'm sure that played a part in him helping out his skill players and giving them heads up on coverages..

LOL I love me some Romo. So please stop saying that Im busting on him. Im saying that Witten was Romo's security blanket all these years and there is nothing wrong with that.

starcity214

Reaction score
LOL I love me some Romo. So please stop saying that Im busting on him. Im saying that Witten was Romo's security blanket all these years and there is nothing wrong with that.

Well , you're the one that said "I can't imagine how Romo would have faired all these years without Witten" so I just pointed out that Romo was doing pretty good throwing passes to our practice squad TE..

But all is good , I agree that Witten was special too...

He and Romo were in complete sync in their day..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo and Witten were great getting 7 yards on 3rd and 8. Best combo in history of NFL. :muttley:

jay94

Reaction score
He's a Cowboy right? He's at least on Michael Thomas level, who we could of drafted instead of a 3 year project, oh wait...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
7 yards huh...is that why wit averageaveraged 11 yards per catch with Romo and 10 yards with Dak? Witten was a 1st down machine.
Lol. Are you trying to imply you can’t have 7 yard receptions while averaging 11 yards per catch? Don’t go confusing your calculator on that one. :laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean that in a good way, you need WRs like him who can do a little bit of everything.

I absolutely loved that WR until he dropped that pass over the middle with room to run. I can't remember a time I was more pissed off than that single play. Then on the final drive he alligator arms a winning TD. So you can keep Patrick Crayton and anyone like him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol. Are you trying to imply you can’t have 7 yard receptions while averaging 11 yards per catch? Don’t go confusing your calculator on that one. :laugh:

No I'm implying the only thing that matters is on 3rd and 9, witten typically makes the 1st down. But that doesn't fit your narrative.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No I'm implying the only thing that matters is on 3rd and 9, witten typically makes the 1st down. But that doesn't fit your narrative.
Narrative has become such a buzz word on message boards.

Anyway, I know the narrative is that Jason was a first down machine. I believe "chain mover" has been linked to his name, particularly since Witten didn't score a lot of TD, his value was he got first downs (according to the narrative). Also, people continued to complain for years that the Cowboys would dump the ball off on 3rd & long and punt rather than throw beyond the sticks. I had this debate last off season where I went back and looked at Witten's receptions that resulted in 1st downs expecting to see that he got more first downs than other tight ends while they were scoring more TDs. That's ultimately not what I found. Not going to do the entire research over again, but Witten was average relative to other tight ends in the league.

For the purposes of this post, I quickly pulled some career splits of other "great" tight ends (because Witten is a great tight end) to see how he compared with them. Splits were all taken from Pro Football Reference. Here's what I found:

% of receptions resulting in 1st down
Gronk - 76%
Gates - 67.9%
Gonzalez - 64.4%
Witten - 53.2%

% of 3rd down & 7-9 yards to go receptions resulting in 1st down
Gronk - 90.6%
Gates - 89%
Gonzalez - 76.2%
Witten - 64%

% of 3rd down & 10+ yards to go receptions resulting in 1st down
Gronk - 69.2%
Gates - 67.2%
Gonzalez - 49.4%
Witten - 30.2%

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Don't forget T.O. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we had 2 HOFers to help the offense?