Lance was very disappointing

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be hoping Lance manages to throw something other than dump passes in the games to come.

His reluctance to go downfield is depressing. At some point, he'll be obliged to open up his game.

The fact that his receivers dropped some balls that may have helped his cause didn't help, either.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He hasn’t played in two years so not sure what everyone expected. It gives him some film to study and things to work on. He’s not near ready to be a starter in this league and not ready to unseat Rush as backup either.
To be honest he had not played in 5 years. He barely played in HS. He played 1 year in college.

That is it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He hasn’t played in two years so not sure what everyone expected. It gives him some film to study and things to work on. He’s not near ready to be a starter in this league and not ready to unseat Rush as backup either.
I will say this, he's better than Stetson Bennett

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lance looked like an extremely raw thrower who was well coached/prepared to play.

This was not a great performance but you do see a guy who understands the position and to my surprise was good under pressure for most of the game.

His big issues were the exact same as we’ve heard about since the start of camp. Very concerning that he’s still struggling with basic throws….almost everything in the flat was off, most passes downfield were overthrown, missed the TD on 4th down , etc.

The struggle I think the cowboys have right now is how do you make him the backup qb? I don’t think it’s that he can’t play qb at all in this league but you really have to have a completely different offense installed for Lance if Dak were to go down.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dont also forget to mention the dumb pass he threw instead of the hail mary with 4 seconds left in the first half.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I watched the receivers drop several passes. Sure, Lance sucked, but so did the rest of the offense. The whole damn offense, aside from the kicker, sucked.
You watched them drop 5 yard passes? Did you see the WR's catch balls behind them and over their heads as well? Or those don't count?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm hoping Lance manages to throw something other than dump passes in the games to come. His reluctance to go downfield is depressing.
agree. Hès not trusting what he see's and hesitating. That usually means a QB is struggling to read defenses. Not good.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You watched them drop 5 yard passes? Did you see the WR's catch balls behind them and over their heads as well? Or those don't count?
Uh, I just said Lance sucked today. What more do you want?

Are you insinuating that Dak's passes are ALWAYS 100% on target? I sure hope not.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I watched the receivers drop several passes. Sure, Lance sucked, but so did the rest of the offense. The whole damn offense, aside from the kicker, sucked.
There were some great catches made by some receivers.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did the defense suck? Did they give up 6 TD's in a row? Or did they keep Trance in the game?

I know it was the defenses fault for giving up the TD at the end of the game, otherwise Trance would have been a winner today. :lmao: