Lance was very disappointing

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance was not going to be the answer and pretty much everyone knew it except for those so desperate to replace Dak that they would be in complete denial.

There is a legit argument that Dak needs replaced. There is NOT a legit argument that Lance was going to be the QB to do it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why exactly? Our fans keep talking about what only matters is wins. Stetson Bennett is a winner.
in the end, Bennetts getting cut or placed on the Rams PS. McVey won't have it. Neither QB is NFL caliber really. But if I had to choose between them, give me Trey. He has wheels. Both guys are a bologna sandwich equivalent.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Did the defense suck? Did they give up 6 TD's in a row? Or did they keep Trance in the game?

I know it was the defenses fault for giving up the TD at the end of the game, otherwise Trance would have been a winner today. :lmao:
Damn, man, take a chill pill. I SAID LANCE SUCKED TODAY......... What else do you expect me to say?

coult44

Reaction score
I think it's kind of good that a majority of his passes just seemed a little high. That's something that's usually correctable.
He had the problem in the practice squad last year, he’s had it all TC, and now in PS1. He’s not correcting it .

mcmvp

Reaction score
Lance was not going to be the answer and pretty much everyone knew it except for those so desperate to replace Dak that they would be in complete denial.

There is a legit argument that Dak needs replaced. There is NOT a legit argument that Lance was going to be the QB to do it.
Exactly right…

Chasing6

Reaction score
in the end, Bennetts getting cut or placed on the Rams PS. McVey won't have it. Neither QB is NFL caliber really. But if I had to choose between them, give me Trey. He has wheels. Both guys are a bologna sandwich equivalent.
Bennett was at least not afraid to throw the ball before receivers were wide open. If you noticed we blitzed and ran more complicated defenses, while rams rushed 4.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stetson Bennett accomplished (TD and game winning drive) what Lance couldn't do.

Bennett was a 2023 4th round draft pick.

Lance was a 2021 3rd overall (49ers traded three 1st round picks, + a 4th round pick to move up to the 3rd overall pick), plus the Cowboys 2024 4th round trade pick for him.

Bennett has been in the NFL for only 1+ season.

Lance has been in the NFL for already 3+.

Embarrassing.

leeblair

Reaction score
I can bear watching a young guy who shows the instincts required to be a quarterback struggle in a few games much easier than I can bear watching another season in which the Cowboys beat all of the weaker teams but lose to the tougher teams because the quarterback they are paying $40 million per year doesn't have the instincts or the potential to make the Cowboys better when they need it.

EGTuna

Reaction score
He should be a WE like Hines Ward. He’s not an NFL QB.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
What good are wheels if you are not going anywhere.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m of the belief it’s still too soon to put a label on Lance and he needs to play more.

Hes not comfortable yet and you see it and it’s still not that bad.

When things start clicking it will look a lot different but he’s a player that’s thinking a lot and not playing comfortably.

coult44

Reaction score
Bennett will be the backup week 1.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m of the belief it’s still too soon to put a label on Lance and he needs to play more.

Hes not comfortable yet and you see it and it’s still not that bad.

When things start clicking it will look a lot different but he’s a player that’s thinking a lot and not playing comfortably.
So how many years does he need? It has been 4. He is still working on footwork and throwing motions. When is he going to graduate to reading a defense???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
39-50 454 yards 5 TD passes 2 rushing touchdowns.

That’s Daks preseason stat line from 2016.

These 2 guys aren’t comparable and never were.

If anyone is expecting Lance to start they are either delusional or just hate Dak so much they don’t care who starts as long as it isn’t him.
THIS!!!

:hammer: