Lance was very disappointing

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bennett was AWFUL. Much worse than Lance. That said, our inability to score TD'S got us beat. Bennett was handed the win. Lance got us beat. Lets be clear.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I’m of the belief it’s still too soon to put a label on Lance and he needs to play more.

Hes not comfortable yet and you see it and it’s still not that bad.

When things start clicking it will look a lot different but he’s a player that’s thinking a lot and not playing comfortably.
lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
Dak Prescott fan panick is real.... :laugh:

crying-snowflake.gif

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Bennett was AWFUL. Much worse than Lance. That said, our inability to score TD'S got us beat. Bennett was handed the win. Lance got us beat. Lets be clear.
Dude....we couldn't run the football. The fact he had to pass it 41 times should be more concerning.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He’s had 4 years to correct the accuracy issue.
He has been throwing high for 4 years?

I am just saying that consistently missing the same way speaks to a mechanical issue.

Usually the elbow drops because the legs not getting around is cause. We have seen it in both Romo and Dak at times over the years particularly when they were hurt.

If you want to act like he is broken and cannot improve then okay.

lwehlers

Reaction score
lance reminds me of chad hutchinson. he looked like an starting nfl quarterback but just did not look like it on the field. i do not see a future starting quarterback in the nfl in lance. four years and stills looks just as good and most mid round rookie quarterbacks. just see how he plays next week. lance will make the team he is getting paid to much this year to get rid of him and that sucks to waste a roster spot him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Positives:

His legs

He knew where to go with the ball

Went through progressions

Protected the ball

Negatives:

Ball Placement

Not anticipating his throws

Lack of touch on his throws

Let the Dak stans tell it, Stetson Bennett outplayed him…
thats how I saw it too.
This was the first game in a long time for him on a different team, and our coaches are not that great lol.
I thought he did ok, and didnt throw ints like the la qb, who threw 4 !

Lets see what he looks like next game.
People forget he is playing with the 2nd and 3rd string guys., and MM didnt design a offense for him.

Cowboys still had the game won till that dummy had the PF penalty, which gave rams a 1st down at dallas 40 then rams score the only td
of the day, and that was on the defense.
up until that point both teams had not been able to get into EZ.

I liked that cropper wr, I missed all the KO's except one so cant comment on that .
But it was nice to see a actual game!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think there's a decent chance that Lance might improve to some extent in the games to come.

Whether or not that might prove to be the case, it doesn't really mean he'll make this roster. :rolleyes:

It's imperative that Lance manages to read defenses better and make more worthwhile passes.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
And I will state this again for those of you who do not understand the pre-season in any sport. What exactly did you guys expect of the guy? If he had lit it up like Dad did in 2016 you would all say it was against scrubs, means nothing. Instead, you want to jump on a guy who is still raw, and has appeared in his first type of game action in about 2 years. If he does not correct the mistakes come the last pre-season game he may not make it back on the plane, but to destroy him after 1 game is just silly and foolish

Most of you wanting his head will praise our current QB to no end, and we want to celebrate his amazing 1st game in the pre-It has. season in 2016 as if it led to 2 Super Bowl rings instead of 2 wins in the playoffs. I won't mention that Dak had Dez, TW, Fred and Zach and a back at the time in Morris who had some success. We knew exactly what we had in Dak and he has given us exactly this for the last 8 years. Truth is we have zero clue what Trey gives us, and only have 1 game for now to base our opinions. Give it a couple more games before we ask for his head

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think there's a decent chance that Lance might improve to some extent in the games to come.

Whether or not that might prove to be the case, it doesn't really mean he'll make this roster. :rolleyes:
He won’t improve enough for anyone in their right mind to want him as our starting QB if Dak walks after this season. However, you have a lot of fans here who aren’t in their right minds. Lol