Lance wasn't perfect

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I normally don't disagree with your posts, but you like so many on here are so quick to judge based upon the number of seasons he has played. Trey missed the Covid year, has had injuries and barely played in the NCAA. He has a 4-4 record in the NFL over those 4 seasons out of 64 games. I get it, he didn't look good but why are so many on here apologists for Dak for over 8 years, and so quick to pounce on the guy for 8 games? Let the guy fail for the next 2 preseason games then we can have a more reasonable talk but for 1 game where everything was scripted is ridiculous
People know this and purposely chose to ignore it. No amount of clarification and explanation will help.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st off...QB's even vets miss open WRs.

2ndly...did the guy just say we can't trust nobody in our TE room? I'm hoping I misunderstood....

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Have you read the posts on here even from 5 months ago?
Yes they want him to fail. He did not look horrible. But since you already made up your mind. There is no reason to further have a discussion about it.
He actually made a lot of plays on the ground when plays broke down - sure he missed a TD but this is a high quality opportunity to get gamefilm.

He threw for 188 yards because of drops and the vanilla gameplan - along with the coaches plan to evaluate the RB.

For this boards ‘success’ measuring stick yall need 3TDs 0 INT

If he can walk away preseason with 3TD playing better talent in the next 2 weeks that is a great start

Proof

Reaction score
13/24 for 143 yds, 0 Td, 0 Int.

That was Daks stat line in game 1 last year. CeeDee, Cooks, Pollard, Dowdle, Ferguson, Gallop, etc we’re all there to help. Yes, it was the Giants starters, but they were terrible. IIRC, Dak had a few high throws on short routes that game.
I’m not equating this to Lance … it was starters vs starters then, and backups vs backups yesterday.
But I am saying maybe we don’t write off a guy after his first game action of the year.
the game they won 40-0 and that required next to nothing from him? lol. solid comparison

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Dak threw against a bum Rams team for 450 yards first pre season game

Feasting on bums with his starters - a tale of the tape for the future

Not what i’m looking for with Lance

TheCritic

Reaction score
A lot of you are overthinking one game. Why not wait for preseason to be over and then judge if Lance made any progress?

LOL some of you just won't give up on the mistakes made by the 49ers. They gave up 3 1s, not the Cowboys.

Big D

Reaction score
All we need is for him to be better than Rush to justify him being here to learn from Dak until he's gone and hopefully push to start down the line. He doesn't need to be perfect but neither does Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of you are overthinking one game. Why not wait for preseason to be over and then judge if Lance made any progress?

LOL some of you just won't give up on the mistakes made by the 49ers. They gave up 3 1s, not the Cowboys.
Everyone has placed their bets, doubling down.....all in. :laugh:

And yes....he's our 4th rounder with some limited experience and interruptions. I think it would be okay to be cautiously optimistic.

plymkr

Reaction score
Have you read the posts on here even from 5 months ago?
Yes they want him to fail.
I agree. I feel some fans believe there is a connection between Lance and Dak getting extended. The bottom line is Lance has very little to do with Dak getting signed. Just as Kneeland has nothing to do with Micah getting signed or Tolbert has nothing to do with Lamb getting signed. It’s like Lance became the face of the idea Dak may not be resigned and if Lance fails then we have to resign Dak. In reality Lance has nothing to do with Dak’s contract considering Lance isn’t even under contract past this season.

Fans wanting Lance to fail to validate Dak makes no sense to me. If Dak is an elite QB then he doesn’t need validation.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
13/24 for 143 yds, 0 Td, 0 Int.

That was Daks stat line in game 1 last year. CeeDee, Cooks, Pollard, Dowdle, Ferguson, Gallop, etc we’re all there to help. Yes, it was the Giants starters, but they were terrible. IIRC, Dak had a few high throws on short routes that game.
I’m not equating this to Lance … it was starters vs starters then, and backups vs backups yesterday.
But I am saying maybe we don’t write off a guy after his first game action of the year.
Dallas won this game 40-0, in case you needed a reminder and had no reason to ever throw the ball. That's not even counting the fact that Lance had a 4.6 ypa, and this game was near 6 lol.

What a stupid comparison.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I try to be fair and balanced. Awesome isn't perfect and I found a mistake Trey Lance made on Sunday while winning the starting job this year.

11:15 of the video and you can see it yourself. Princeton Fant, brother of Harvard and Yale Fant, with a would be walk in touchdown if the QB sees it.

Someone should show this to Lance to keep his head from getting too big after dropping that gem on us.

Remain humble, Trey. And no sky pointing.

Wow and he had a very very clean pocket.

I can't wait to hear the explanations on why Phenom Trance missed this???