Lance wasn't perfect

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has nothing to do with hate.
He did win a playoff game that year.

In fact, he won his first playoff game in year 3.

Lance in year 3? "Waaaah I can't beat out Sam Darnold, he's too good!!! Trade me!!!"
:lmao2:
Yes, I don't want to be an emergency QB. Trade me so I can be an emergency QB somewhere else. :huh:
:facepalm::lmao: You know how bad you all look. Entertaining embarrassment from so called fans.

Chasing6

Reaction score
:facepalm::lmao: You know how bad you all look. Entertaining embarrassment from so called fans.
I am not a fan of Trance. I am a Cowboys fan. When GM Jethro makes a bad trade I am not going to blindly support it, just because I am a Cowboys fan.

Not difficult to figure out really.

Nav22

Reaction score
Awwww, he's still trying!

It was already SO EASY for us to make you Anti-Dakkers look foolish.

Now Trey Lance is your poster child for a better tomorrow?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
13/24 for 143 yds, 0 Td, 0 Int.

That was Daks stat line in game 1 last year. CeeDee, Cooks, Pollard, Dowdle, Ferguson, Gallop, etc we’re all there to help. Yes, it was the Giants starters, but they were terrible. IIRC, Dak had a few high throws on short routes that game.
I’m not equating this to Lance … it was starters vs starters then, and backups vs backups yesterday.
But I am saying maybe we don’t write off a guy after his first game action of the year.
Your point on Prescott sucks is solid.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There are two camps on Trance based one 1 good year in College.

1. If he played so good with only 1 year starting in college and not playing much in HS, how good can he be with some development? Sky is the limit.

John Lynch was in this camp and who better than Shanahan to help develop him.

Flip side of the coin:

2. Why did he not play much at all in HS? Why did his HS Coach think he was a RB and not a QB. Why did he not get a single Scholarship offer to play QB? How is he going to be able to catch up for all the lost time and missed experience? He will not get it in preseason, or by watching on the sidelines. So how do you go about developing him??

We are now on year 4 from him being drafted. He did not get the playing time he needed to develop, so it has been a waste the last 4 years.

He needs an NFL team to say you are starting no matter what. For good or for bad to get him some experience and to see if he can show some signs of life and grow and develop as a QB.

The only possible team that this could happen on is the Dallas Cowboys. Every other Owner would fire their GM if it did not work out.

Problem is we are not a basement team. We are a playoff team. So the timing is not right for this experiment to take place.

Jerry will need to double and triple down on Trance just to figure out what Trance can or can not become in the future.

Double down - make Trance the back up QB.

Triple down give Trance a 2 year extension and commit to starting him next year to find out.

Drafting a rookie QB next year maybe the same gamble as rolling with Trance. Jerry has some decisions to make.
I don't disagree and you reinforce my points about him. For whatever reason, Jerry saw something there and is doing his best (I chuckle when I say this) right now to see if there is. If this is true (right or wrong) then the move off of Dak makes more sense, Trey needs to be QB2 this year, learn from Dak (I say this chuckling to a degree), and get him into some game action.

Assuming Lamb signs, we stay healthy and our young guys develop we will again be a playoff team...meaning, in a draft class that is not good for QB's we will likely not find our next one in the draft, and if we move on from Dak the Trey experiment will begin or we sign a Vet in FA and hope to heck magic happens on the QB front. This will be painful for the team, but it seems to be one scenario possibly playing out

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't disagree and you reinforce my points about him. For whatever reason, Jerry saw something there and is doing his best (I chuckle when I say this) right now to see if there is. If this is true (right or wrong) then the move off of Dak makes more sense, Trey needs to be QB2 this year, learn from Dak (I say this chuckling to a degree), and get him into some game action.

Assuming Lamb signs, we stay healthy and our young guys develop we will again be a playoff team...meaning, in a draft class that is not good for QB's we will likely not find our next one in the draft, and if we move on from Dak the Trey experiment will begin or we sign a Vet in FA and hope to heck magic happens on the QB front. This will be painful for the team, but it seems to be one scenario possibly playing out
Part of the problem is Jerry can't make up is his mind or he and Stephen are not in alignment.

No one can be this stupid to run a $10B business this way.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At this point in time, Trey Lance hasn't displayed much in the way of development as a starter or even a backup, anytime soon. I wouldn't blame the powers that be for them to strongly consider trading Lance for any vet QB that appears to be capable of having true potential. Whether or not they might be able to find a team willing to make such a trade, one couldn't blame them for considering it. Let's see what happens, here, if anything.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
At this point in time, Trey Lance hasn't displayed much in the way of development as a starter or even a backup, anytime soon. I wouldn't blame the powers that be for them to strongly consider trading Lance for any vet QB that appears to be capable of having real potential. Whether or not they might be able to find a team willing to make such a trade, one couldn't blame them for considering it. Let's see what happens, here, if anything.
No one is interested in trading for Trance to sit on the bench for $5.3M just to be a FA next year.

Only GM's that are also the owner would make a stupid move like that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No one is interested in trading for Trance to sit on the bench for $5.3M just to be a FA next year.

Only GM's that are also the owner would make a stupid move like that.
That's very likely. I wasn't making excuses for Jerry doing that. Jerry's record is such that his actions are suspect before his decisions are even made. It's highly probable that Lance's aquisition will be regarded as just another one of Jerry's blunders. It, actually, surprises nobody here. Some things never change. If anyone gives anything of worth for Lance, it'd be something of a miracle. This is just what we have to deal with.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's very likely. I wasn't making excuses for Jerry doing that. Jerry's record is such that his actions are suspect before his decisions are even made. It's highly probable that Lance's aquisition will be regarded as just another one of Jerry's blunders. It, actually, surprises nobody here. Some things never change. If anyone gives anything of worth for Lance, it'd be something of a miracle. This is just what we have to deal with.
Best bet is we try to get dump him for not picks at all. Just be happy to save the money.

That is what the Niners were most concerned about when dumping him. The 4th was just gravy for them at that point.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lance is going to keep improving with every practice and game.

The kid is gifted with QB talent.

We need him to succeed.

Did I want him to throw for 300+ yds and 3TDs?

Yes. But not realistic with the scrub team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance is going to keep improving with every practice and game.

The kid is gifted with QB talent.

We need him to succeed.

Did I want him to throw for 300+ yds and 3TDs?

Yes. But not realistic with the scrub team.
You need to watch the video. He got not throw an accurate pass on a 5 yard out over and over again. Since that was a majority of his completions. This explains the little to no YAC.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best bet is we try to get dump him for not picks at all. Just be happy to save the money.

That is what the Niners were most concerned about when dumping him. The 4th was just gravy for them at that point.
The 4th was gravy? On top on the THREE 1st round mashed potatoes?
Hate does terrible things to a person.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awwww, he's still trying!

It was already SO EASY for us to make you Anti-Dakkers look foolish.

Now Trey Lance is your poster child for a better tomorrow?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
I am not the one that is looking foolish.

The over the top hate for a QB brought in to possibly help the team improve. Just like every other player at every other position. Is laughable at all the posts.

And how many times do I have to tell you I am not Anti Dak. Tells me even more about how your hate for one player and love for another is over the top.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

The over the top hate for a QB brought in to possibly help the team improve. Just like every other player at every other position. Is laughable at all the posts.

And how many times do I have to tell you I am not Anti Dak. Tells me even more about how your hate for one player and love for another is over the top.
I dont hate any player..... well after Mike Vick was killing dogs... yea, I pretty much hate that guy. But hate Trey Lance? not a chance. I dont know him, never met him. But us fans want productive players that help the team win games. It is as simple as that. I said he stuk from the day we got him, so I am not shocked that his performance was as bad as it was. When people got their hopes up because they were hoping Lance could send Dak packing... well lets just say reality has now set in. Their frustrations with Dak are being pushed onto Lance because they now know, like in the Matrix, he is not the one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I normally don't disagree with your posts, but you like so many on here are so quick to judge based upon the number of seasons he has played. Trey missed the Covid year, has had injuries and barely played in the NCAA. He has a 4-4 record in the NFL over those 4 seasons out of 64 games. I get it, he didn't look good but why are so many on here apologists for Dak for over 8 years, and so quick to pounce on the guy for 8 games? Let the guy fail for the next 2 preseason games then we can have a more reasonable talk but for 1 game where everything was scripted is ridiculous
Trance last played consistent football 2019. Keep in mind that is the only year in his life that he has really played.

He has stated 8 games going 4-4 with arguable the best roster in the NFL. 2 of those games he got hurt and left very early and one game was in horrendous weather. So he really has only played in 5 NFL games over 5 years since playing 1 year in college.

Is it that hard to see what the problem is?

Do you think he has made progress over these last 5 years?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm really trying to figure out this "Dak Hater" thing. What are the rules? I said something along the lines of Dak had a bad game with GB...and I'm a hater.
:huh:

Even though a history search would reveal I complimented him on a great regular season.

As discussed in another thread...the REAL "haters"...reveal themselves.