News: Landon Collins: I'd rather hit Barkely than hit Zeke

starfan1

Reaction score
Its the little things with Zeke that people take for granted. Same things they did with Emmitt.

There's not a better short yardage back in the league. You need that 4th and inches or 4th and 1? Zeke got it.
Not a better pass protector. He's saved Dak a few times with his blocking.
Durability. No one has been more durable.
How many times even with poor run blocking have you seen Zeke go for negative yardage?
I think his power is underrated too. As proof by Collins comments.I think because of how Zeke came in the league with more breakaway speed he was considered more of a speedster but every game I see him put licks on people. Makes people think twice before tackling him.

ya i seen all those 4th and 1s the team has had that Zeke always picked up.Oh wait!. Zeke is a damn good back but he dont deserve to be mention in the same breath as Emmitt just yet. Maybe robert Newhouse

aria

Reaction score
Romo was considered the better QB for the majority of their careers. Doesn't take a Cowboys fan to think that, most experts did.
I’m using other posters criteria that zeke is better than Barkley because he has been injury free. By that standard Elijah is 10x the QB Romo ever hoped to be.

ultron

Reaction score
"Better overall RB" then only brings up rushing titles.
Barkley was second in rushing yards his rookie season btw. BUT HE DIDNT GET FIRST!

Kids, do not smoke crack!!!

Barkley has more receiving yards in both his seasons, than Zeke's highest amount. That's with Barkley missing games last season.
Crack? Bro I make 6 figures a year and own a $850k house, I’m far from a crack head. Zeke is a better blocker, receiver, and they might be equal (at best) when it comes to running. You can drink the Barkley Kool-aid but when you’re the only weapon in your teams offense - I would expect huge numbers (see Christian McCaffrey). Barkley just isn’t what people think he is, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

aria

Reaction score
Yes, we had a good OL when ES was here but let's not act like Barry was running behide the Burt Reynolds football movie line here also.
And yes ES would say Barry was great, he would not be like MJ, now ask him if anyone was better than him.
He didn’t say he was great, he said he was the best. Changing topics, Barkley has been running behind the Burt Reynolds line, lol. I believe they were ranked 29th his rookie year or close to it IIRC.

InTheZone

Reaction score
That's silly. So its Dak's fault but not any other player on this team? Jesus.......
Not what i said. There is such a thing as shared blame and some players get it more than others. Stop thinking all or nothing, it clouds your comprehension.

aria

Reaction score
Crack? Bro I make 6 figures a year and own a $850k house, I’m far from a crack head. Zeke is a better blocker, receiver, and they might be equal (at best) when it comes to running. You can drink the Barkley Kool-aid but when you’re the only weapon in your teams offense - I would expect huge numbers (see Christian McCaffrey). Barkley just isn’t what people think he is, but you’re entitled to your opinion.
So when Zeke has had bad games one of the main excuses is the other team focused on shutting him down, loaded the box, etc but that same excuse is used against Barkley and McCaffrey? Lol, homerism at its finest.

Better receiver yet Barkley has more yards per catch and more receptions. Again, coaching, he didn’t get the chances, right?

Just like Zeke is a better RB because he had more total yards and more carries but that excuse doesn’t apply to Barkley who had a better ypc and less total yards because he didn’t get as many carries as Zeke. Hypocrisy at its finest.

BTW, selling crack can be very profitable!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barkley is a more dynamic runner. Receiving wise, they're about equal. Blocking is Zeke hands down. Picking up a tough yard, Zeke is better. Kinda reminds me of the Smith/Sanders debate. The other guys pasture always looks greener.

For me...there's no debate. I don't just look at stats or flash. I look at results, heart, leadership, winning.

And no..I don;t buy "but Sander's team sucked". They weren't THAT bad...even had some all pros. Sanders spent more time dancing than driving.
And no....I'm not saying Sanders sucked. But for me and my team...Emmiit was my guy. Of course....why should there be ANY debate~!

aria

Reaction score
Its the little things with Zeke that people take for granted. Same things they did with Emmitt.

There's not a better short yardage back in the league. You need that 4th and inches or 4th and 1? Zeke got it.
Not a better pass protector. He's saved Dak a few times with his blocking.
Durability. No one has been more durable.
How many times even with poor run blocking have you seen Zeke go for negative yardage?
I think his power is underrated too. As proof by Collins comments.I think because of how Zeke came in the league with more breakaway speed he was considered more of a speedster but every game I see him put licks on people. Makes people think twice before tackling him.
But he didn’t get that 4th and 1 when it mattered most against the Rams, did he. Or the 3rd and short when he’s frantically tapping the top of his helmet looking at the sidelines to be taken out because he can’t handle the work load.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ya i seen all those 4th and 1s the team has had that Zeke always picked up.Oh wait!. Zeke is a damn good back but he dont deserve to be mention in the same breath as Emmitt just yet. Maybe robert Newhouse
What are you talking about? I said they had the same knock on Emmitt about who he played with. Why can't Zeke be mentioned with Emmitt?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He didn’t say he was great, he said he was the best. Changing topics, Barkley has been running behind the Burt Reynolds line, lol. I believe they were ranked 29th his rookie year or close to it IIRC.

Ok, he would say that and anyone would in a interview and yes Barry was great. Nothing else to say about him. He was great but so was ES.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But he didn’t get that 4th and 1 when it mattered most against the Rams, did he. Or the 3rd and short when he’s frantically tapping the top of his helmet looking at the sidelines to be taken out because he can’t handle the work load.
So he didn't get 2 4th and 1's in a whole season? WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the Jones go above and beyond for their stars. Why do you think they hang around as long as they do. LOL
EXACLTY! That's what I've been trying to tell Cowboyroy. He's been harping that Murray would be dirt cheap if he were still here. Less than 10 mil.

Like he hasn't been a Cowboys fan for long. Jerry pays his pets and his stayers...big.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Barry never had the best offensive line but that didn't stop him. Barkley is the next Barry right?

Not what i said. There is such a thing as shared blame and some players get it more than others. Stop thinking all or nothing, it clouds your comprehension.
You just made a all or nothing statement lol. You said nothing about "sharing blame" aside from Garrett and Dak but ok.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Meanwhile, somewhere in NY, a genius is already scripting Barkley up the gut as his bread and butter play on 1st and 2nd down.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
For me...there's no debate. I don't just look at stats or flash. I look at results, heart, leadership, winning.

And no..I don;t buy "but Sander's team sucked". They weren't THAT bad...even had some all pros. Sanders spent more time dancing than driving.
And no....I'm not saying Sanders sucked. But for me and my team...Emmiit was my guy. Of course....why should there be ANY debate~!

This

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why not stats that matter?

Like first downs.

Saquon has rushed for 95 in 29 games.

Zeke got 95 his rookie season.

Because big plays matter.

First downs speak to usage. Big plays speak to ability.

In 621 touches (carries + catches) Barkley has 35 plays of 20+ yards and 14 plays of 40+ yards.

In 1,358 touches Zeke has just 49 plays of 20+ yards a paltry 6 plays of 40+ yards.

How about reliability with the ball? Can we look at fumbling?

I’m guessing those don’t matter either?

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You forget three telling Stats when it comes to bell cow rbs, TDs, games missed, and team wins. You will never convince me brittle bark is better. Like someone in the 90s trying to tell me Sanders was better than the all time rushing champ. I always left that debate with where was Emmitt’s nfl line in HS when he set those records, at Florida when he set those records...Zeke is a stud and Brittle Bark had a good rookie year, injury plagued second year and helped his team to what? The only thing BB has over Zeke is elite speed and elusiveness....similar to the HOFers debate. Anyway have a good day @aria i do admire your passion and approach. I just will never be convinced until both have completed their careers, hopefully you can respect that.

Yeah @aria easily won this round. Wasn't a contest.

Team wins for RBs??? LMAO.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

You just said Zeke is a better receiver.....
Okay yeah let's drop this, there is no point going any further.

Let me guess, Cooper is better than Michael Thomas too, right?