News: Landon Collins: I'd rather hit Barkely than hit Zeke

conner01

Reaction score
I have a friend of mine who played against Zeke in college and he said the same thing Collins said. He claimed he would hit Zeke as hard as he could and he said Zeke was so solid his hits were punishing and Zeke would jump up like it was no big deal. I like Barkley but he dances around too much looking for the home run. He has a lot of negative to no yard carries but he will break a big run a couple times a game. Zeke has gained weight but I think Zeke was at his best his first year in Dallas.
Rather tackle barclay
Rather chase zeke
Barclay is easy to tackle on the bench hurt

aria

Reaction score
Barkley will get more than Zeke.
Probably and I’ll laugh and laugh and laugh at the dummy Giants. Although I would be curious to see him run behind a top 10 O line if they ever get one. They’re already going on year 3 of wasting him, I don’t feel bad for the Gnats but I feel bad for Barkley, seems like a good dude.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably and I’ll laugh and laugh and laugh at the dummy Giants. Although I would be curious to see him run behind a top 10 O line if they ever get one. They’re already going on year 3 of wasting him, I don’t feel bad for the Gnats but I feel bad for Barkley, seems like a good dude.
Garrett will run him into the ground.

aria

Reaction score
Garrett will run him into the ground.
Probably, that’s how Zeke got his titles...and the O line.

I’ll be curious if they draft a tackle with their first pick or Simmons. I think they kind of have to get a tackle for Barkley and Jones sake but the rest of their O line is still horrendous. I’m guessing if they truly work on it, they may have a top 10 O line next year or the year after and by that time Barkley may be past his prime or close to it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Amari is better than Michael Thomas currently then?

because he’s a much bigger threat to score from 30+ yards out. 16/33 TDS came from that distance compared to 2/32 for Thomas.

If you’re an idiot you would surmise that.

Equally idiotic is to try and act like dynamic play-making doesn’t matter.

That’s the problem with some of the Zeke is-the-greatest-RB-ever crowd. You waaaay overplay the importance of first-downs and pass protection (which are all important) and underplay primary aspects that are fundamental at any of the skilled offensive positions (RB, WR, TE): making plays.

You think Zeke converting two first downs on an 80-yard drive that doesn’t result in a TD, is somehow more valuable than a RB breaking one loose for a 65-yard TD run.

Zeke is a fantastic RB, but the argumentation to try and prop him up is laughable.

Last edited:

ultron

Reaction score
Your out of your mind. Barkley blows him away in pass catching.

I take Barkley 10 out of 10 times. He has 100% lived up to the hype.

Do you take strength of offense and Oline into consideration as you should?
He actually isn’t, he just happens to be the Giants ONLY weapon where the Cowboys have had multiple offensive weapons throughout his career. It’s the old Barry Sanders vs. Emmitt Smith debate, Emmitt was completely disrespected and holds a record that will never be broken (most rushing yards in NFL history), but the offensive line is commonly used ‘against him’. The funny thing is no one EVER brings up the OLine of historically great Quarterbacks.

Also, Barkley does not blow Zeke away in pass catching - go watch some OSU games and watch how insanely good Zeke was catching the ball out of the backfield. The Cowboys just don’t use him out of the backfield that often because he’s such an insanely good blocker.

The ironic thing is I’ve met Zeke in person and he’s the biggest DBag I’ve ever met, so I don’t even like defending the guy; however, Barkley does not blow Zeke away in any category.

aria

Reaction score
He actually isn’t, he just happens to be the Giants ONLY weapon where the Cowboys have had multiple offensive weapons throughout his career. It’s the old Barry Sanders vs. Emmitt Smith debate, Emmitt was completely disrespected and holds a record that will never be broken (most rushing yards in NFL history), but the offensive line is commonly used ‘against him’. The funny thing is no one EVER brings up the OLine of historically great Quarterbacks.

Also, Barkley does not blow Zeke away in pass catching - go watch some OSU games and watch how insanely good Zeke was catching the ball out of the backfield. The Cowboys just don’t use him out of the backfield that often because he’s such an insanely good blocker.

The ironic thing is I’ve met Zeke in person and he’s the biggest DBag I’ve ever met, so I don’t even like defending the guy; however, Barkley does not blow Zeke away in any category.
I’ll reference you to page 4 of this thread, about 4 or 5 posts down. Looks like there’s definitely more than one category where Barkley blows Zeke away. I’m sure I could come up with more, like broken tackles.

2018 broken tackles
Barkley- 1st with 94
Zeke- 11th with a whopping 22

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/landon-collins-id-rather-hit-barkely-than-hit-zeke.456102/page-4

No surprise he’s a dbag, you’re not the first person to say that here and it’s obvious by his actions on and off the field.

slick325

Reaction score
Landon Collins isn't the only defender in the League that would say what he said. He also would have plenty of company from DCs and HCs that would agree.

Funny how Cowboys fans think Barkley is a better player than the current Cowboys RB. After two seasons (compared to the Cowboys RBs two first seasons) Barkley has less yards, less rushing TDs and less total TDs than the Cowboys starter. Interestingly enough, Barkley has played in 4 more regular season games than the Cowboys starter who missed 6 games due to suspension in his 2nd season and missed an additional game in his rookie season by coaches decision in the season finale.

If Cowboys fans want to compare Barkley's first two seasons to the last two seasons (2018 and 2019) of the Cowboys RB the numbers still don't favor Barkley. He still has less yards rushing, less rushing TDs and less total TDs than the guy in Dallas.

Anyway you shake it...Barkley isn't the better player. He is faster but doesn't do anything else a RB is asked to do at a better clip than his counterpart in the division.

I'd suggest people take a look at McCaffrey's numbers in 3 seasons compared to the Cowboys RB after 3 seasons as well. May surprise people.

aria

Reaction score
Landon Collins isn't the only defender in the League that would say what he said. He also would have plenty of company from DCs and HCs that would agree.

Funny how Cowboys fans think Barkley is a better player than the current Cowboys RB. After two seasons (compared to the Cowboys RBs two first seasons) Barkley has less yards, less rushing TDs and less total TDs than the Cowboys starter. Interestingly enough, Barkley has played in 4 more regular season games than the Cowboys starter who missed 6 games due to suspension in his 2nd season and missed an additional game in his rookie season by coaches decision in the season finale.

If Cowboys fans want to compare Barkley's first two seasons to the last two seasons (2018 and 2019) of the Cowboys RB the numbers still don't favor Barkley. He still has less yards rushing, less rushing TDs and less total TDs than the guy in Dallas.

Anyway you shake it...Barkley isn't the better player. He is faster but doesn't do anything else a RB is asked to do at a better clip than his counterpart in the division.

I'd suggest people take a look at McCaffrey's numbers in 3 seasons compared to the Cowboys RB after 3 seasons as well. May surprise people.

Could you distort that anymore? First of all, TD’s are probably the most over rated stat other than total yards. Do you realize how many different factors go into who gets more TD’s? Do you think every situation is the same? Do you think every team has the same style of coaching? Do you think every team has the same personnel? Player A could have 15 TD’s and Player B has 5 but player B is a much better all around back.

Broken tackles, yards from scrimmage, yards after contact, fumbles, etc are much more telling. You mention more rushing yards but conveniently left out all purpose yards. You mentioned more yards but conveniently left out the amount of carries each back had. You mentioned more yards but conveniently left out ypc. You mention Zeke’s suspension but barely mentioned Barkley being out for 3 games due to an injury that happened in the second game of the season het he continued to play with until the very end of the season (minus the 3 games) IIRC. An injury most people didn’t expect him to return from that season, let alone just miss 3 games. If you watched him run you could tell he wasn’t nearly himself for most of the season and he wouldn’t let the Giants shut him down whereas Zeke would have been on the next flight to Cabo.

Again, perhaps you skipped page 4 of this thread where I list several stats that Barkley is clearly better at. I swear it’s almost as if some of you just read the title and respond without reading the thread. How could you honestly say there isn’t anything Barkley does better when I give 5 or 6 examples and that was behind one of the worst lines in the league.

BTW, I’ve rattled off several of McAffreys stats minus his rookie season when they hardly used him in the McCaffrey is the highest paid RB thread. I suggest you check those numbers out as well before you start spouting off about something you have little knowledge about.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Yeah, none of what you’re claiming is based in actual fact other than you assuming

They have the same number of total TDs (23 TDs) the past two seasons.

You’re also failing to acknowledge Zeke has 115 more touches than Barkley

Zeke
605 carries
2,791 yards
4.61 YPC

Barkley
478 carries
2,310 yards
4.83 YPC

wrongway

Reaction score
He’s way to feast or famine and he doesn’t stay healthy..

He could be the better back but he’s not shown it..

If Zeke could ever recapture his big play ability then there would be no debate.
That has all but disappeared.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Gotta be durable to get ran into the ground. Mortal running backs arent built like zeke. Murray only got ran into the ground coincidently when it was time to get paid. Zeke has been getting ran into the ground since his rookie year. Barkley cant even stay healthy on a pass happy team. Ignorant fans make it sound so easy to get ran into the ground
Probably, that’s how Zeke got his titles...and the O line.

I’ll be curious if they draft a tackle with their first pick or Simmons. I think they kind of have to get a tackle for Barkley and Jones sake but the rest of their O line is still horrendous. I’m guessing if they truly work on it, they may have a top 10 O line next year or the year after and by that time Barkley may be past his prime or close to it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Speed and big plays are what ignorant fans love from their backs.

quickccc

Reaction score
what landon collins is saying ..is what several defensive players have been saying around the league. .. zeke is punishing to them have to take on,
a collision course that still always seem to be falling forward for additional yards and movement.- tremendous angry runner with lower body driving power..
they feel beaten down having to keep track and take on zeke.

IMo,..but what "used to " make zeke special per his first two years in NFL was that combination of smashing collision tackle breaking power ..AND one- cut,breakaway
to 40- 50 yd+ splash play runs. Home run hitter.
Not quite on Barkley's level as a pure home run hitter - but Zeke used to have his own version in that area.
Even in the receiving game as he used to take a quick screen and accelerate it to a big TD catch and run (ala Steelers, Niners) ..but we don't see that version of
Zeke anymore ... not in the last 2 years, imo.

The backs that scare me the most are the ones that keep me nervous on every single momentum gathering carry - they can break it big on any given play ..that's Barkely, ..that used to be Zeke, imo.
i still have my theory on what i think what happened to that part of zeke's game ..and i still think it's some things the previous coaches did to take away that part of his game, there are some things i think these new coaches can do to do better utilize zeke's chances to re-coop some of those splash plays.

- there are things that Zeke does better than Barkley -per more power and short yrd/goal line runs, and blitz blocking..
- there are some things that Barkley stands out more per explosive home runs, and better elusiveness open-field and harder to coral in open field.

i''ll leave to others to determine in their own "respective " opinions- whose better than who ... as we've had such zeke vs Barkley threads over and over .... :p

Til da next Episode ...

Mr_437

Reaction score
Collins thoughts are in line with the rest of the DB community of the NFL.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Zeke never gets hurt, Barkley does. Zeke is the better overall RB but the media likes to hype up Barkley as the next big thing yet he has no rushing titles & zeke would’ve easily had 3 if he wasn’t “Goodelled” his sophomore season.
Shhh! Facts are unacceptable. Please reach for something more acceptable. Thanks for all you do!