Twitter: Landry Hat: 3 potential landing spots for Dak in 2021

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You could probably also add the Colts, Bears, and maybe Bucs or almost any QB-needed team in a win-now mode. In other words, we can easily get two 1st round picks IMO but no question, we are a better team with Dak than without. For fans thinking we can replace him with a rookie or cheap rethread are misguided IMO.

Bottom line......we KNOW what we have in Dak IMO.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/15/dallas-cowboys-3-spots-dak-prescott-2021/

3 potential landing spots for Dak Prescott in 2021

by Michael H. Vu10 minutes ago

starfan1

Reaction score
You could probably also add the Colts, Bears, and maybe Bucs or almost any QB-needed team in a win-now mode. In other words, we can easily get two 1st round picks IMO but no question, we are a better team with Dak than without. For fans thinking we can replace him with a rookie or cheap rethread are misguided IMO.

San Fran will be sitting similar to us if they want a QB they might just draft one. Id be surprised if New Orleans did but it wouldn't shock me if the hood brought Dak to Foxboro. Because he gets talent

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If new england gets dak, my theory of the patriots being irrelevant for the next 10+ years goes out the window

But I don't see Belichick spending huge resources. Remember with his Super Bowls, he can be patient and develop a young guy. He's on a life-long contract. (lol)

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It will be fascinating to see what happens with Dak.

One thing is certain, the games were far more fun and entertaining when he was playing.

I am a dak fan, but I would also like to see the cowboys rebuild with a new qb.

So, if I am watching him in another uniform next year, it gives me a reason to watch another team

conner01

Reaction score
But I don't see Belichick spending huge resources. Remember with his Super Bowls, he can be patient and develop a young guy. He's on a life-long contract. (lol)
He has the skins to take the time to develop one
SF would be a very good team with Dak and getting healthy.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It will be fascinating to see what happens with Dak.

One thing is certain, the games were far more fun and entertaining when he was playing.

And they were except for one tiny little detail. Care to guess what I'm referring to?

dsturgeon

Reaction score

If he doesn't find another qb, it will be a long time.

I think he is the best coach in the league, but tom brady made him what he is. We will see

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
San Fran will be sitting similar to us if they want a QB they might just draft one. Id be surprised if New Orleans did but it wouldn't shock me if the hood brought Dak to Foxboro. Because he gets talent

Let's not forget the 49ers had ( maybe still ) the best defense in league a couple of years ago. The QB position is the only they didn't win the Super Bowl. So can I cetainly see them wanting a vet who hit the ground running.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Belichick is 68 and does not have a lifetime to wait for his next QB. He comes off as a grinder but who knows how much longer he wants to coach.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The idea that the 9ers would pay for Dak is so stupid. They don't need a good quarterback to do what they do - let alone one that costs you draft capital and ~$40m per year.

Having said that, the Saints idea might be even dumber, because they're at something like $270m in cap commitments for next year with both Brees and Hill under contract.

starfan1

Reaction score
Let's not forget the 49ers had ( maybe still ) the best defense in league a couple of years ago. The QB position is the only they didn't win the Super Bowl. So can I cetainly see them wanting a vet who hit the ground running.

Valid argument as i consider Dak to be a better QB that Jimmy G

Bigdog

Reaction score
Both the Saints and Niners are up against the cap unless they release their qbs and even then Dak will be asking more than what they are paying them and to give up 2 first rounders to boot. Just don't thin those teams would do it. If we can get Lawrence then I am all for trading Dak for 2 1's but we don't have a chance to get Lawrence so there is no way I would trade Dak. I just don't think there is ab in this draft that is better than him except for Lawrence.

Read an article earlier today of the possibilities of where Wentz would go. Funny thing is it is the same teams as Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I just have a hard time seeing New England paying ANY player....ever....what Dak is asking.
That's never been their m.o.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Both the Saints and Niners are up against the cap unless they release their qbs and even then Dak will be asking more than what they are paying them and to give up 2 first rounders to boot. Just don't thin those teams would do it. If we can get Lawrence then I am all for trading Dak for 2 1's but we don't have a chance to get Lawrence so there is no way I would trade Dak. I just don't think there is ab in this draft that is better than him except for Lawrence.

Read an article earlier today of the possibilities of where Wentz would go. Funny thing is it is the same teams as Dak.

Not sure if it's true but I read to trade him, the Eagles would not have to pay for him to play for another team but may have to also give up a draft pick. In other words, trading him and cleaning their books will be costly, very expensive.