Twitter: Landry Hat: 3 potential landing spots for Dak in 2021

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some guys just say such blatantly off stuff on here and it baffles me
Exactly why you should start listening to the girls!
If Jerry can get 2 #1 picks for Dak he better grab them real quick because no other team is giving that for Dak. It is a mute point because the greatest GM in football will break the bank for stats Prescott and he will lead the team to glorious 8-8 type seasons and pull his magical disappearing act against the better teams.
Hideous post. Look at the entire picture instead of blaming the quarterback for 8-8 seasons. Garrett is the king in that department. He had numerous of them to show off in a decade of medicore coaching. Just ask Romo.

Go cheer for that 2016 #1 draft pick whose now a back-up making $125 million for the Egals.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly why you should start listening to the girls! Exactly why you should start listening to the girls! Hideous post. Look at the entire picture instead of blaming the quarterback for 8-8 seasons. Garrett is the king in that department. He had numerous of them to show off in a decade of medicore coaching. Just ask Romo.

Go cheer for that 2016 #1 draft pick whose now a back-up making $125 million for the Egals.
That could be Dak in a few years.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly why you should start listening to the girls! Exactly why you should start listening to the girls! Hideous post. Look at the entire picture instead of blaming the quarterback for 8-8 seasons. Garrett is the king in that department. He had numerous of them to show off in a decade of medicore coaching. Just ask Romo.

Wentz was the second pick by the way

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In other words, we can easily get two 1st round picks IMO but no question, we are a better team with Dak than without.

Under your own premises, that's not the relevant question.

Dak > 2 First Round Picks - their pay + Dak's pay ?

Let's say 4mil/year rookie salaries, 38mil/year for Dak.

Dak > 2 First Round Players + 30mil/year?

I doubt it. That's a lot of team on the right side of that equation.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Tell me what the cap will be in 2021. Tell me what the cap will be in 2022. If revenue and viewership continue to drop, teams will be looking to save money not break the bank. He still has to pass a physical. No one knows the big variables yet.
The tag is $38 million. That's the only number that matters.

jnday

Reaction score
If new england gets dak, my theory of the patriots being irrelevant for the next 10+ years goes out the window
If a Dallas resigns Dak, my theory about them reaching a Super Bowl goes out the window as well.

jnday

Reaction score
Dallas should tag him for one year until the rookie that they draft in the upcoming draft gets comfortable.

jsb357

Reaction score
If Goff crashes bad in the playoffs LA will be looking

Pittsburgh will be looking

Atlanta will be looking

Cleveland will be looking if Baker crashes

Chicago will be looking

With 6-7 QB's projected to go first round however
some teams won't want to start completely over at QB

article had NE a #1

I say NE is about 10-12

Creeper

Reaction score
First, before the Cowboys can get any compensation for Dak they need to franchise him again. That means they must clear cap space to fit him under the CAP. IMO, if they cannot sign him and must franchise him, then the best thing they can do is trade him while he is under the franchise designation. Maybe they can get a QB in the draft but I would be concerned about any of the QB except Lawrence, and even he worries me a little bit.

If they trade him, the AFC is the best place to send him so they do not have to compete with him regularly, but I want a team near the top of the draft. The Saints will be drafting late so the value of their first round picks is not enough for me. What about Denver? Jacksonville would be nice but I think they will be drafting a QB. Same with the Jets and the Jets will be putting Darnold on the block too.

If Dak goes to SF, with their defense and players on offense, he could win a SB or two.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am a dak fan, but I would also like to see the cowboys rebuild with a new qb.

So, if I am watching him in another uniform next year, it gives me a reason to watch another team
Dak has only been with the Cowboys for 5 seasons, yet you want to rebuild with a new QB?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Dak has only been with the Cowboys for 5 seasons, yet you want to rebuild with a new QB?

I like dak as qb, but hard to rebuild with signing what might be the highest player in the nfl while the salary cap is starting to go down. So, my question is, can Dak lead you to a superbowl with as a whole a team that is subpar? It is not a knock on Dak, because there are good players that never get anywhere near it.

For reasons I am not going to get into again, I don't think the nfl is putting out a good product. What if the salary cap continues to go down? I find it appealing not to be locked into a old style high price qb contract if things are going south. Sam bradfords rookie contract with the rams comes to mind.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
Sean Payton has already said he has Bree's replacement on the roster already. He's not going there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is not landing anywhere but in Dallas because he's not going to be allowed to take off. I get this crap in the off season but during the season? Are they that hard up for stories?

How about what are all the DC Cheerleaders doing during the pandemic and which are the most desirable to quarantine with and unsocially distance?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep him or not we aren't winning a SB anytime soon. We have a legit offense but our defense is not even on a middle school JV level in Main.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

No, it is not. The QB money is not in a vacuum. The total cap is the driving number. All teams have to get under it. Fitting $38M salary under the 2021 cap of $175M is difficult when you have to pay 50 other players with the remainder. One can convert other player salaries to bonus money but that is with risk.