Twitter: Landry Hat: 3 potential landing spots for Dak in 2021

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The idea that the 9ers would pay for Dak is so stupid. They don't need a good quarterback to do what they do - let alone one that costs you draft capital and ~$40m per year.

Having said that, the Saints idea might be even dumber, because they're at something like $270m in cap commitments for next year with both Brees and Hill under contract.

Exactly. I laughed when I saw SF, NO, and NE. No chance.
No chance any team is giving up two 1st round picks for Dak. If we could find a team dumb enough to even give up a 2nd round pick, we would be foolish to pass it up.

Dak can explore the market and come back to the Cowboys with his best offer which will be under $30M, perhaps closer to $25 if the cap drops to $175M.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No chance any team is giving up two 1st round picks for Dak. If we could find a team dumb enough to even give up a 2nd round pick, we would be foolish to pass it up.

Dak can explore the market and come back to the Cowboys with his best offer which will be under $30M, perhaps closer to $25 if the cap drops to $175M.
You had me going there for a minute.

You're high if you think Dak's getting less than $30m. lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If I could fight a website it would be TLH.
They post the most inane nonsense.
Dak could land any of like 15 spots because so many teams are hurting for QB IF HE WERE FREE.
He is for instance the best NFCE QB by a mile and the only real reason to hope we won't suck next year.

And yes if he went to NE that would be criminal neglect by the entire league.

But again Dak isn't going to have those options because he either signs an extension or gets tagged (quite possibly both). PERIOD.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Not sure if it's true but I read to trade him, the Eagles would not have to pay for him to play for another team but may have to also give up a draft pick. In other words, trading him and cleaning their books will be costly, very expensive.
I heard that too.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure if it's true but I read to trade him, the Eagles would not have to pay for him to play for another team but may have to also give up a draft pick. In other words, trading him and cleaning their books will be costly, very expensive.
Yes, it would cost them 34M to trade him UNLESS he renegotiated his deal to get out of town, which he might do.
But even then it'd still cost a mini-fortune because the Eagles leveraged to the hilt and paid him next to nothing in cap cost.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

So, in other words, Dak's only worth $5M LESS than he's making on the tag on the open market.......:lmao2:
Tell me you're NOT serious (lol)

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So, in other words, Dak's only worth $5M LESS than he's making on the tag on the open market.......:lmao2:
Tell me you're NOT serious (lol)

If teams have to deal with a $175M cap next year, all bets are off as teams scramble to get under. There is a possibility that the cap will continue to go down, not up. Teams might be looking to reset the salaries as they have gotten out of hand lately. Long term revenue is not looking good to the NFL. Yes teams could backload the deal with some ‘fake’ money in the out years to make it look good. We shall see.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You had me going there for a minute.

You're high if you think Dak's getting less than $30m. lol

Tell me what the cap will be in 2021. Tell me what the cap will be in 2022. If revenue and viewership continue to drop, teams will be looking to save money not break the bank. He still has to pass a physical. No one knows the big variables yet.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Both the Saints and Niners are up against the cap unless they release their qbs and even then Dak will be asking more than what they are paying them and to give up 2 first rounders to boot. Just don't thin those teams would do it. If we can get Lawrence then I am all for trading Dak for 2 1's but we don't have a chance to get Lawrence so there is no way I would trade Dak. I just don't think there is ab in this draft that is better than him except for Lawrence.

Read an article earlier today of the possibilities of where Wentz would go. Funny thing is it is the same teams as Dak.

How funny would it be if Wentz went to the same team as Dak and was his backup?

Shane612

Reaction score
Unless the cow-girls, somehow, gets into position to draft Lawrence, Fields, Trask or Wilson, Dak isn't going anywhere.
If he was to leave it would probably be to the vikings, Commanders, jaguars, patriots or maybe even to the bucs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could probably also add the Colts, Bears, and maybe Bucs or almost any QB-needed team in a win-now mode. In other words, we can easily get two 1st round picks IMO but no question, we are a better team with Dak than without. For fans thinking we can replace him with a rookie or cheap rethread are misguided IMO.

Bottom line......we KNOW what we have in Dak IMO.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/15/dallas-cowboys-3-spots-dak-prescott-2021/

3 potential landing spots for Dak Prescott in 2021

by Michael H. Vu10 minutes ago

tenor.gif

CWR

Reaction score
If new england gets dak, my theory of the patriots being irrelevant for the next 10+ years goes out the window

Any one of those teams becomes a contender for years to come, although the Pats do need some skill players.

plymkr

Reaction score
This article was a complete waste of time. Just speculation that any fan could do. I wish they wouldn't write articles like this because it gets people all up in arms about nothing. If the narcissist and his neopitsm vice president came out and said they will not sign Dak to a long term deal and he's on the trading block then I'll be more interested in where he might go.

Brax

Reaction score
You could probably also add the Colts, Bears, and maybe Bucs or almost any QB-needed team in a win-now mode. In other words, we can easily get two 1st round picks IMO but no question, we are a better team with Dak than without. For fans thinking we can replace him with a rookie or cheap rethread are misguided IMO.

Bottom line......we KNOW what we have in Dak IMO.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/15/dallas-cowboys-3-spots-dak-prescott-2021/

3 potential landing spots for Dak Prescott in 2021

by Michael H. Vu10 minutes ago

If Jerry can get 2 #1 picks for Dak he better grab them real quick because no other team is giving that for Dak. It is a mute point because the greatest GM in football will break the bank for stats Prescott and he will lead the team to glorious 8-8 type seasons and pull his magical disappearing act against the better teams.

irving

Reaction score
It would be a blessing for Dak if he were to end up on one of the three teams mentioned, all three are better teams than the current cowboys.