News: LandryHat: Ezekiel Elliott Rumor Too Good to Be True?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
"On Sunday, ESPN’s Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler shared what they were hearing around the league from the Combine, and Graziano came away believing that the Cowboys cutting Elliott is a real possibility."

The Dallas Cowboys’ offense could look a lot different in 2023. They’d save $4.8 million on the cap by releasing running back Ezekiel Elliott ($10.9 million if they designate him as a post-June 1 cut). It would not be surprising to see them make that move, as Elliott has no more guaranteed money left on his contract.”
"It’s important to note that Graziano isn’t just speculating. It doesn’t take a league insider to pinpoint the positives of releasing Elliott. From the moment Elliott signed his extension in 2019, everyone pointed to the 2023 offseason as a potential out for the Cowboys. The fact he has no guaranteed money left is one thing, but his rapidly-declining athleticism makes it somewhat of a no-brainer."

LINK: https://thelandryhat.com/2023/03/06/latest-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-rumor-release-combine-pollard/

T-RO

Reaction score
It’s sorta up to Zeke. If he thinks he can make more than 5 or 6 million per season on the free market, he’ll probably request a release. No way Dallas pays him more than that.
This situation reminds me of the Last Days of Dez.

Many fans thought Dez was still something special when Cowboys released him. Many people still think Zeke is at least an average starter, or would be at least a premium role player.

Don't be surprised, folks, if Zeke never plays another down for anyone, despite his desire to continue. Just sayin.

JBS

Reaction score

Many fans thought Dez was still something special when Cowboys released him. Many people still think Zeke is at least an average starter, or would be at least a premium role player.

Don't be surprised, folks, if Zeke never plays another down for anyone, despite his desire to continue. Just sayin.
Many people think zeke still has it? I haven’t seen anyone that thinks that, let alone many.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
"On Sunday, ESPN’s Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler shared what they were hearing around the league from the Combine, and Graziano came away believing that the Cowboys cutting Elliott is a real possibility."

"It’s important to note that Graziano isn’t just speculating. It doesn’t take a league insider to pinpoint the positives of releasing Elliott. From the moment Elliott signed his extension in 2019, everyone pointed to the 2023 offseason as a potential out for the Cowboys. The fact he has no guaranteed money left is one thing, but his rapidly-declining athleticism makes it somewhat of a no-brainer."

LINK: https://thelandryhat.com/2023/03/06/latest-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-rumor-release-combine-pollard/
Idk, I can't see anything good that can come out of paying somebody 11mil to not play for you. The best thing for the team, and for the cap is to work out a paycut. Big paycut cause clearly he's still producing. 800 and 12 tds is worth something. Obviously not 16.7 mil, but for 6-7 mil yup. If you can get it done. If you can't then yeah cut him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Idk, I can't see anything good that can come out of paying somebody 11mil to not play for you. The best thing for the team, and for the cap is to work out a paycut. Big paycut cause clearly he's still producing. 800 and 12 tds is worth something. Obviously not 16.7 mil, but for 6-7 mil yup. If you can get it done. If you can't then yeah cut him.
Then, if Pollard is not the same Pollard (Which is highly likely) and Zeke is as cooked as many see/believe. We draft next season our RB(s) and let go of both players.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

Start a thread called “Zeke should be the starter” and show me these “many people”

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Not playing another down for another team seems not that realistic. There's no doubt he'll resurface somewhere if he's open accepting being part of a rotation. The guy scored 12 tds in each of the last 2 seasons. He'll be playing for a new team.

Perhaps back in Ohio with the Browns or Bengals. The Dolphins always seem to like signing Cowboys too and didn't have a good rushing attack.

T-RO

Reaction score
Many people think zeke still has it? I haven’t seen anyone that thinks that, let alone many.

I've seen numerous believers here in this forum just this past week. Especially when you count the people who say, "Well if Zeke takes a little pay cut then sure." Check out the threads. LM is just one.

Big paycut cause clearly he's still producing. 800 and 12 tds is worth something.

Another believer:
There's no doubt he'll resurface somewhere if he's open accepting being part of a rotation. The guy scored 12 tds in each of the last 2 seasons. He'll be playing for a new team.

Trust me. Lot of people think Zeke still brings real value as a primary player. I don't get it, but it's out there...and here.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Then, if Pollard is not the same Pollard (Which is highly likely) and Zeke is as cooked as many see/believe. We draft next season our RB(s) and let go of both players.
If Pollard had nerve damage or ligament or even muscle damage I'd say yeah, but it's a broken leg. It's saying something when they were more interested in the high ankle sprain over the broken bone.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I've seen numerous believers here in this forum just this past week. Especially when you count the people who say, "Well if Zeke takes a little pay cut then sure." Check out the threads. LM is just one.

Another believer:

Trust me. Lot of people think Zeke still brings real value as a primary player. I don't get it, but it's out there...and here.
Nobody thinks zeke should be a primary player. Not one single person. Atleast I haven't seen any. I've seen people say he should be the one complimenting Pollard now, I'm in this group.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would find collaborating sources. The Landry Hat isn't exactly known for credible news.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nah. Go ahead and draft an RB this year. Good draft class and protection against the two things you mentioned. If that player is good, then it makes it easier to move on from either Pollard or Elliott or even both the next year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nobody thinks zeke should be a primary player. Not one single person. Atleast I haven't seen any. I've seen people say he should be the one complimenting Pollard now, I'm in this group.
I believe a lot of fans look at how Elliott played at the end of the season (when Pollard was injured) and that's all they see. They forget that for most of the season, Pollard and Elliott were one of the top 1-2 punches in the league.

Now, I think the end of the season shows that Elliott is just a complimentary back at this point and doesn't have enough gas in the tank to be strong for a full season if his carries aren't managed. But there is reason to believe he can still be part of a tandem if he's willing to play at a complimentary back price that severely lowers his cap hit.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I absolutely LOVE every word in this post!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Someone will kick the tires. I saw Frank Gore and AP chug along. Gurley as well. I think he’d get one more shot off name recognition alone.