News: LandryHat: Ezekiel Elliott Rumor Too Good to Be True?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The contract never made sense if they weren't going to lean on him to the same degree they had been leading up to them signing it. You don't pay $15 million a year to a 12-15 carry a game back. I always come back to the fact Zeke has never come into a huddle and said "Naw don't give me the ball..." Nor has any other running back in history. The Cowboys started scaling back his workload once they saw Pollard could do some thangs in the relief role which was smart football-wise but not so smart financially since they were now paying top dollar for a role player. At this point Zeke's body is not likely to let him play much above a role player except maybe 2 or 3 turn back the clock games per season. And at his age and tread wear level he's very likely to get hurt again the more they use him. They gotta fix the financial situation or part ways. Those are the only two choices at this point. We fans will just have to wait and see.
Yup. They caved to zekes demands way too early. He had 1 more year plus tge 5th year option but jerry was jerry and couldnt help himself

Pass2Run

Reaction score
And I would continue to expect them to try to do that, but when Elliott was drafted, he was both speed and power. The two-back rotation picked up as Elliott dropped off and we lucked into Pollard.

I would think either we a) draft a back early to pair with Pollard this year if we cut Elliott or b) draft a back midround if we keep both Pollard and Elliott, then release one or both of them next year. Whether we release both will depend on what we see from this year's draft pick. If he shows bell-cow ability, then we go midround with a back again. If he only shows complementary ability, then we either spend an early pick on another back or we re-sign Pollard. If he shows no ability, then we might have to rinse and repeat what we do this year.

Let's not forget that once Pollard went down, we were done in the playoffs for all intents and purposes.

Dallas needs a back in this draft, and they need a good one.