News: LandryHat: Ezekiel Elliott Rumor Too Good to Be True?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love Zeke and what he’s done here, but he’s lost a lot of ability. I’d be shocked to see him on another NFL roster if he is cut. Jerruh’s loyalty is the only thing that could save him here. They should cut him after 6/1.
Just cut him now (6-1 is soon enough). We need a new scapegoat.

Be wary tony pollard. You trip up or get paid too much, people will turn quick.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is 12 touchdowns easy to find? Is the passblocking easy to find? Is the hard yards easy to get? Why pay 11 to get rid of him? That's a 21million dollar difference. From owing 11mil to saving 10mil in a paycut. Idk but to me that 21mil difference can keep you from signing a couple guys. And even if they go June 1 cut its still a 17mil difference.

Today I saw a podcast with nate Newton, and he just looked annoyed at the callers with pretty much attitudes of the pessimists here. When they were done with calls he just looked at the other two, "no disrespect but these people don't know this game. They video gamers, or fantasy footballers. They wanna call in moaning, but you call them Friday night and putting together their fantasy team."

He ended it with something that's everybody needs to hear. "You either care about what the Cowboys are trying to do, or you dont"

He talks about the flack MM is getting because of the run the damn ball comments. Saying "everybody talking bout 300 a game 3 tds, but there's that 1 int that kept them in the game. Now we get the playoffs and the haters really hating dak."

I love listening to Nate speak. He can be more critical than the biggest pessimist here, but never disrespect the team he's loves.
DIsrespecting players is a badge of honor around these parts.

Its onething to think we need to move on.....another to do it with arrogant, self-admiring, uncivilized insults.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Him Not playing another down for another team seems not that realistic. There's no doubt he'll resurface somewhere if he's open accepting being part of a rotation. The guy scored 12 tds in each of the last 2 seasons. He'll be playing for a new team.

Perhaps back in Ohio with the Browns or Bengals. The Dolphins always seem to like signing Cowboys too and didn't have a good rushing attack.
I don't know what you guys see in his 12 TDs. Those were nothing but short yardage plays where they just give up the ball up the middle. Maybe having Zeke go they Cowboys can implement a real QB sneak in their playbook?

J12B

Reaction score
It’s sorta up to Zeke. If he thinks he can make more than 5 or 6 million per season on the free market, he’ll probably request a release. No way Dallas pays him more than that.
Lol

He'd be lucky to make $2 million pet season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is 12 touchdowns easy to find? Is the passblocking easy to find? Is the hard yards easy to get? Why pay 11 to get rid of him? That's a 21million dollar difference. From owing 11mil to saving 10mil in a paycut. Idk but to me that 21mil difference can keep you from signing a couple guys. And even if they go June 1 cut its still a 17mil difference.

Today I saw a podcast with nate Newton, and he just looked annoyed at the callers with pretty much attitudes of the pessimists here. When they were done with calls he just looked at the other two, "no disrespect but these people don't know this game. They video gamers, or fantasy footballers. They wanna call in moaning, but you call them Friday night and putting together their fantasy team."

He ended it with something that's everybody needs to hear. "You either care about what the Cowboys are trying to do, or you dont"

He talks about the flack MM is getting because of the run the damn ball comments. Saying "everybody talking bout 300 a game 3 tds, but there's that 1 int that kept them in the game. Now we get the playoffs and the haters really hating dak."

I love listening to Nate speak. He can be more critical than the biggest pessimist here, but never disrespect the team he's loves.
His production can easily be replaced as i've said before. How are they spending 11 to get rid of him? They'll save money by getting rid of him and you can find a replacement not just in the draft but a street free agent for a fraction of the cost. he wants to play for 2/year to be a short yardage guy cool, otherwise no thanks. His blocking wasn't as good as one thinks.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s not worth production wise much at all. Honestly if it wasn’t for the past he wouldn’t make a team in the league
Now Jerry is loyal to guys so I could see him keeping him at a lesser cost
But just on production there 60 guys more productive in the nfl
Plus Jerry might be doing him a favor by letting him go so he doesn’t end up like earl campbell
If they saw things the same way as any unbiased fan/scout/random person watching the game then zeke would have already been told he's gone. Unfortunately they are probably trying to work things out with him for a reduced rate that keeps him on the team and still overpaid.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
His production can easily be replaced as i've said before. How are they spending 11 to get rid of him? They'll save money by getting rid of him and you can find a replacement not just in the draft but a street free agent for a fraction of the cost. he wants to play for 2/year to be a short yardage guy cool, otherwise no thanks. His blocking wasn't as good as one thinks.
Because of the dead money genius. Lol now his blocking is overrated too. Lol nate is talking bout you and most likely he'd hate you too.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because of the dead money genius. Lol now his blocking is overrated too. Lol nate is talking bout you and most likely he'd hate you too.
post june 1 cut will save them 10 million genius. Perhaps you missed the save them money part? or you choose to be ignorant of that fact.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
post june 1 cut will save them 10 million genius. Perhaps you missed the save them money part? or you choose to be ignorant of that fact.
Ok I'll explain it to you. A June 1 cut isn't saving you anything. It's costing you 6 mil to cut him and another 6 next yr.

where as a 10 million dollar paycut is saving you 10 million

So do the math

Cutting elliot - 6,000,000
Paycut +10,000,000

What's the difference from going from the red to the black? You literally save 16,000,000 dollars to keep Elliot in 2023 in terms of impacting the cap.

Of course it all comes down to if Elliot will accept the paycut

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since they're buddies, pool your resources.
Trade for Dak and Zeke is free!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This situation reminds me of the Last Days of Dez.

Many fans thought Dez was still something special when Cowboys released him. Many people still think Zeke is at least an average starter, or would be at least a premium role player.

Don't be surprised, folks, if Zeke never plays another down for anyone, despite his desire to continue. Just sayin.
With Dez it was more character issues.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
oh good lord, you can't swing a dead cat without hearing a zeke rumor these days.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It truly baffles my mind how so many people here are still thinking about keeping Zeke after a pay cut. The guy literally averages one blade of grass per carry.

Cowboys fans are addicted to mediocrity
This post literally reveals a glaring lack of understanding of the meaning of the word "literally."

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok I'll explain it to you. A June 1 cut isn't saving you anything. It's costing you 6 mil to cut him and another 6 next yr.

where as a 10 million dollar paycut is saving you 10 million

So do the math

Cutting elliot - 6,000,000
Paycut +10,000,000

What's the difference from going from the red to the black? You literally save 16,000,000 dollars to keep Elliot in 2023 in terms of impacting the cap.

Of course it all comes down to if Elliot will accept the paycut
Wrong. They owe him 11.86 million regardless if he is on the team, spread out as 5.8 this year, 4.3 next year and 1.7 the year after. If he is cut today that all escelates to this years cap to 11.86 for this year and nothing else going forward. But that's not what I suggested or what most are suggesting. I said post june 1st cut which means the cowboys only have account for 5.8 this year and the rest nest year and not have to pay his 10.9 base salary this year. So yes it saves them 10.9 off the cap in 2023 and will cost them the remaining 6 million next year. yes he could take a pay cut to lessen his base salary but none of us know by how much he is willing to cut this year and the remaining years so it's just a guess. They still save more by POST june 1st cut. Link for you to review so you can better understand how the math works.

https://overthecap.com/player/ezekiel-elliott/4717

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wrong. They owe him 11.86 million regardless if he is on the team, spread out as 5.8 this year, 4.3 next year and 1.7 the year after. If he is cut today that all escelates to this years cap to 11.86 for this year and nothing else going forward. But that's not what I suggested or what most are suggesting. I said post june 1st cut which means the cowboys only have account for 5.8 this year and the rest nest year and not have to pay his 10.9 base salary this year. So yes it saves them 10.9 off the cap in 2023 and will cost them the remaining 6 million next year. yes he could take a pay cut to lessen his base salary but none of us know by how much he is willing to cut this year and the remaining years so it's just a guess. They still save more by POST june 1st cut. Link for you to review so you can better understand how the math works.

https://overthecap.com/player/ezekiel-elliott/4717
Those are pro-rated bonus charges against the cap. The Cowboys do not own that money because it has already been paid to Zeke. They do however owe it against the salary cap. The ONLY way they can change those salary cap hit numbers is to redo his contract. If they cut him now all the remaining bonus accelerated into 2023. If it's post June 1 it spreads into 2024. By rule that cap charge for the bonus MUST be off the books within two years so your 1.7 the year after scenario does not exist.

Just wanting to make sure we are dealing in facts here.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those are pro-rated bonus charges against the cap. The Cowboys do not own that money because it has already been paid to Zeke. They do however owe it against the salary cap. The ONLY way they can change those salary cap hit numbers is to redo his contract. If they cut him now all the remaining bonus accelerated into 2023. If it's post June 1 it spreads into 2024. By rule that cap charge for the bonus MUST be off the books within two years so your 1.7 the year after scenario does not exist.

Just wanting to make sure we are dealing in facts here.
Correct. That is basically what I was saying. So we are on the same page but latinmind said "You literally save 16,000,000 dollars to keep Elliot in 2023 in terms of impacting the cap" which is not true.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
This post literally reveals a glaring lack of understanding of the meaning of the word "literally."
It's ok. I'm sure he'll beat up defenses for many years to come with those "tough yards" according to you and Ranching

conner01

Reaction score
If they saw things the same way as any unbiased fan/scout/random person watching the game then zeke would have already been told he's gone. Unfortunately they are probably trying to work things out with him for a reduced rate that keeps him on the team and still overpaid.
I think Jerry can be too loyal sonetimes
I get loyalty to guys but there’s also a busines side and it’s just obvious to everyone but Jerry that it’s time to move on. If not for the team then do it for Zeke so he may be able to still walk around 20 years from now

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Jerry can be too loyal sonetimes
I get loyalty to guys but there’s also a busines side and it’s just obvious to everyone but Jerry that it’s time to move on. If not for the team then do it for Zeke so he may be able to still walk around 20 years from now
Loyalty could be paying a player to be an assistant coach since there is no cap on that. But if the goal is to get to and win a SB being loyal to players who no longer match performance to cap dollars is detrimental.